See if you are tone deaf with this test!
Mar 7, 2007 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

polvodediamante

100+ Head-Fier
I found this fun test online which supposedly tests your tone deafness.

I scored a %72.2 which is supposed to be normal.

BTW, I used my AKG K701's on this one.

http://www.jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

Enjoy!
3000smile.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by polvodediamante /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found this fun test online which supposedly tests your tone deafness.

I scored a %72.2 which is supposed to be normal.

BTW, I used my AKG K701's on this one.

http://www.jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

Enjoy!
3000smile.gif

Umm ****... I got %72.2 as well!!! That test is BS lol
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 63
I got exactly 75%

I think I could have done better once I got used to how it was run (ex: new music starts right after you submit your answer)

ps. Using the setup in my sig.

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 63
I tried to take the test and honestly couldn't on several of the passages. I Could not tell if the two passages were the same or not
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

It to me seemed like just a bunch of random blips and blurbs... no musical harmony, melody or time signature that I could latch onto and recall
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
. I had an extremely difficult time telling if they were the same or different.... so much so, that I was randomly guessing.

They should have a third button... "cant tell one way or the other, if they are the same or different". How does this affect the accuracy of the test?.... Is part of tone deafness, the ability to remember / recall patterns? To me this seems almost like a memory / retention test as well as a test for tone deafness.

At any rate, my score came out to 77.8... apparently I am an averagely good guesser

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got exactly 75%

I think I could have done better once I got used to how it was run (ex: new music starts right after you submit your answer)

phew! good thing someone got a different score 'cause I was getting suspicious!

I agree, it should have given you a couple of seconds to wait before the next sound stared...

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried to take the test and honestly couldn't. I Could not tell if the two passages were the same or not
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

It to me seemed like just a bunch of random blips and blurbs... no musical harmony, melody or time signature that I could latch onto and recall
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
. I had an extremely difficult time telling if they were the same or different.... so much so, that I was randomly guessing.

They should have a third button... "cant tell one way or the other, if they are the same or different"

I think you might have a problem...

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 63
What! I think somethings up with that adaptive pitch test though! It says I can only tell the difference between 20Hz pitch changes starting at 500Hz and the average for other people is 3.3Hz, and that 0% of people did worse than me. But the thing is, I only missed like 4 or 5 of the questions!

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What! I think somethings up with that adaptive pitch test though! It says I can only tell the difference between 20Hz pitch changes starting at 500Hz and the average for other people is 3.3Hz, and that 0% of people did worse than me. But the thing is, I only missed like 4 or 5 of the questions!

Hmmm...I got 30HZ and I also only missed like 4 or 5 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back