See if you are tone deaf with this test!
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #17 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just took the pitch test again and this time I got 2.4Hz... phew that is a relief.

True! I also got the same score after taking it the second time!

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else try the pitch test? i got 1.5hz.

003- maybe you answered the really obvious ones wrong?

I took the pitch test and got 1.65Hz

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #19 of 63
75%

EDIT: 1.125Hz for pitch (kinda hadda go pee so...
biggrin.gif
)

EDIT2: 80% for rhythm test

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #26 of 63
Haha... wow... 5th and then 16th... I guess I wasn't trying hard enough or I really am pitch-deaf...

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #28 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What! I think somethings up with that adaptive pitch test though! It says I can only tell the difference between 20Hz pitch changes starting at 500Hz and the average for other people is 3.3Hz, and that 0% of people did worse than me. But the thing is, I only missed like 4 or 5 of the questions!

Wow. No, that's probably something wrong with your hearing, or perhaps a highly unmusical ear? I was told that I was able to tel the difference of up to .35hz on that one. That's the only fair test of the three. The rhythm and tonedeaf tests are very skewed because the passages require more excellent memory than excellent pitch, and the electronic samples distract from the actual rhythm/tones that apply.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. No, that's probably something wrong with your hearing, or perhaps a highly unmusical ear? I was told that I was able to tel the difference of up to .35hz on that one. That's the only fair test of the three. The rhythm and tonedeaf tests are very skewed because the passages require more excellent memory than excellent pitch, and the electronic samples distract from the actual rhythm/tones that apply.

Check my later post. I retook it and for whatever reason I got 2.4Hz. I have no idea why it was so off the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back