See Audio Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #121 of 197
This is the thread that I should have post my review first, ironically, I never looked for this.

I got the See Audio Bravery (4 BA, 279 USD) last week, and reviewed them. They are a beuatifully tuned balanced set with Neutral-Cold tonality, with some caveats. I have also made a comparison with the latest sensation, Yanyin Aladdin (1DD + 3 BA, 245 USD). Do have a read:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/see-audio-bravery.25333/review/26778/

20210908_170801-2.jpg
Fit wise was the Aladdin or the Bravery more comfortable?

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #122 of 197
Fit wise was the Aladdin or the Bravery more comfortable?
Both equally comfortable...cannot pick one over other. Both disappears inside the ears.

Sep 27, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #123 of 197
Mine has a large permanent thumb print from epoxy when the unit was glued.

It would be interesting to know the accurate mess up rate. I am glad your seller is treating you right.

Linsoul and SeeAudio discussed it, per Linsoul's emails to me. Linsoul said it was all up to SeeAudio to take care of. I am not sure why. I am now much less inclined to use Linsoul. In my eyes, they could have done more. SeeAudio could have solved this months ago also. Maybe someone will come through...
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I‘ve never bought from/over Linsoul, so I cannot share any experiences, but I‘ve heard some bad things regarding customer support.

If I can I buy from Hifigo. Never had any problems with them and items arrived really quickly.

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #124 of 197
Well, well, well! See Audio came through with a replacement! I will update my previous comments as SeeAudio did stand behind their product.

So, I tried a balanced cable on the Yume and noticed a significant uptick in bass quantity and quality vs. single-ended.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #125 of 197
Well, well, well! See Audio came through with a replacement! I will update my previous comments as SeeAudio did stand behind their product.

So, I tried a balanced cable on the Yume and noticed a significant uptick in bass quantity and quality vs. single-ended.
That’s great to hear

My non ‘audiohead’ friend splurged on a Yume made a similar comment about them, saying all he could hear were vocals when using them from his mobile phone haha, but got better results from a more powerful source!

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #126 of 197
Late to the party yet again but these sounded pretty fantastic so I had to do them justice with a review! Check it out and like if you like it :)

IMG_20211002_175407.jpg

SeeAudio Yume: A Midrange Dream

At a Glance:

Overall Rating: S- (S+ to C-)

Category: B (100-300 USD), MSRP: 169 USD, Acquired at: 80 USD (Secondhand Unit)

Pros:

• Best-in-Class Midrange Performance
  • Gorgeous, Comfortable Build
  • Nice Packaging and Inclusions
  • Incredibly easy to listen to

Cons:

• Lacking Bass Quality
  • Middling Technicalities

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/see-audio-yume-anou.24866/review/26946/

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #127 of 197
Great review! Try the Yume in balanced mode. That is the place to find the Yume's bass. I chanced upon it the other day.

Another thing that I noticed about the Yume is that, even though the overall soundstage is rather small, it seems to be almost 360 degrees for some tunes. I have more expensive units that cannot achieve that encompassing soundstage performance. I get dizzy listening to this tune with the Yume:

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #128 of 197
Great review! Try the Yume in balanced mode. That is the place to find the Yume's bass. I chanced upon it the other day.

Another thing that I noticed about the Yume is that, even though the overall soundstage is rather small, it seems to be almost 360 degrees for some tunes. I have more expensive units that cannot achieve that encompassing soundstage performance. I get dizzy listening to this tune with the Yume:

Surprisingly, yeah. A little bit of extra power off of my desktop amp really starts to make it sing + if I use thinner bore tips.

Agree with the soundstage notes as well, it's pretty holographic rather than just being pill shaped like so many other IEMs are, which is why I still gave it's technicalities at A, despite the cramped stage.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Oct 24, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #129 of 197
Today we look at the Bravery on Headfonia, an article by @nanotechnos

"The Bravery is a very potent IEM, surpassing the previous Yume in every possible way. Build quality is excellent, comfort is superb, and the sound is very good, with impressive lows and sharp highs."

https://www.headfonia.com/seeaudio-bravery-review/

1635062050779.png

Nov 4, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #130 of 197
I had some time today. The Yume in balanced mode (Penon PAC 480) is a step up from the Moondrop Kato for most audio parameters except for instrument separation and soundstage width. Sonically, the results are obvious. Now other parameters, well... that is another conversation. For the pre-packaged stock configuration, the Kato is better than the Yume but the Yume scales up beyond the Kato with balanced.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #133 of 197
My video review on bravery is up!! Apologies for some unpolished script. Will do better as we move along. Thanks in advance!! Pls support my channel! 😎😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back