See Audio Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #93 of 197
Yes, seems pretty close to Lokahi as well. Let's see how they end up :)
And the bass to upper mid reminds me of Anole VX! Which is very nice. If the rumor of See Audio is started by ex-qdc engineer is true, this makes sense, it’s a baby-VX 2.0 to my impression.

The treble looks smoother too, can’t wait to hear it by own ears😆

Bravery and VX
FF3AD33B-EAA5-4C5F-A383-AA39236C0E95.png

Bravery and Yume
946B1C3C-39B2-43C0-8E2E-43405CED2C5E.png

When compared to yume, these two are different animals! It certainly “fixed” the bass floor of Yume which by graph looked nice but in real sound reproduction, sounded hollow, thin, lifeless, no weight on notes.

The pinna gain target is also away from trending 3khz peak, it’s compensated approach like Anole VX / SA6 took, which I feel it is more neutral vs spot light focused style(except Softears RSV which they managed to cross the “uncanny valley” of artificially emphasized pinna gain peaks)
11AFDE1C-47DF-468A-AA53-EEE965A2CF6D.png

And it seems Bravery has higher 10khz+ , which I felt Yume lacked extension over that frequencies ranges.

The graph brings a good hope.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #95 of 197
Some IEMs that’s closer to Bravery:

Yanyin Aladdin (3BA+ 1DD: $250 ish) a direct rival
5408D495-FDF8-43FD-9D28-6C48F9CD0894.png

Dunu SA6 / MEST MKII / Anole VX
1EA6CDFA-D23C-42C0-A80C-680FE6D709C7.pngDF6DE884-E38C-43DE-A423-AC80FFAC1188.png2E707009-07D2-462C-9F47-DE9D046BB8DA.png
Graph of Bravery looks like it has more midbass/lower mids warmth than Aladdin, otherwise quite close. Of course Aladdin is using a DD for the bass as well.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #98 of 197
anyone who pre ordered bravery got shipment delayed too?

i pre ordered from locar retailer, and they said its got delayed because see audio dont have enough item to send yet :triportsad:
Yep got delayed too…

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #99 of 197
My review of the SeeAudio Bravery. Video includes comparisons with Blessing 2, Legacy 5, and Prisma Azul.

What I like:
  • I liked the Yume's tuning, but found it ultimately a bit dull and two-dimensional. Not so with the Bravery, which has very good technical performance; sharp attack, strong definition, no smearing. It's very engaging, the opposite of Yume.
  • So better technically, and the tuning is also quite solid. Not as neutral as Yume -- I'd call Bravery slightly V-shaped, with some bass and treble emphasis, but not a sharp enough contrast that the midrange texture is sacrificed.
  • Treble extends well -- may be a bit on the swishy side with a bit too much emphasis given the rest of the tonal balance, but it adds to the dimensionality of the soundfield.
  • Fit of the ear pieces is very secure. I only tried the stock Azla Xelastec tips, which add their own bit of ear grip.

What I don't love:
  • The bass has a decent punch, but depth is just about non-existent. Can give a somewhat hollow effect to kick drums and the like.
  • The tonal balance of the treble is a bit intense; can be on the fatiguing side (just), and add some raspy edge to vocals.
  • The stock cable has really nice behavior / handling mechanics, but (1) it can be a bit microphonic, and (2) the ear hooks + 2-pin connectors look oversized for the ear pieces. Maybe if the 2-pin connection on the Bravery was recessed, it'd look better, but as-is it seems a bit gangly visually.

My frequency response measurement: https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,SeeAudio_Bravery

graph - 2021-09-09T213122.267.png

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #100 of 197
6E1C4973-D278-4199-8A0D-B6FBF37C865C.jpeg

Bravery arrived with GS Audio GT12.
Will report back but right out of the box, I’m pretty impressed. Very good tuning!

Note: with Xelastec, 6khz may be too bright for treble sensitive group, I’m ok with Harman + few decibels, but Bravery’s concha gain peak is a bit north of that.

-There is a feeling when you encountering a good sounding IEM, such as Dunu Studio SA6, Moondrop Blessing2, and This Bravery is no exception, “ah this thing sounds good!”

-imaging of female vocals are exceptionally good

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #101 of 197
Bravery arrived with GS Audio GT12.
Will report back but right out of the box, I’m pretty impressed. Very good tuning!

Note: with Xelastec, 6khz may be too bright for treble sensitive group, I’m ok with Harman + few decibels, but Bravery’s concha gain peak is a bit north of that.

-There is a feeling when you encountering a good sounding IEM, such as Dunu Studio SA6, Moondrop Blessing2, and This Bravery is no exception, “ah this thing sounds good!”

-imaging of female vocals are exceptionally good

got mine too today ... does ur cable have earhook in it? mine looks like in demo review unit but feels more flexible

first short impression its quite impressive and clean (not really sure cause i just upgrade the source), but in vocal in some song bit too recessed to my liking

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #102 of 197
got mine too today ... does ur cable have earhook in it? mine looks like in demo review unit but feels more flexible

first short impression its quite impressive , but in vocal in some song bit too recessed to my liking
Yea it does have ear hook over the cable. It’s basically the rubber tubes.

Bravery’s tonality is basically “pinna gain compensated” conservative approach which qdc Anole VX, Dunu SA6, are following, so if your liking is more forward vocals, Moondrop’s 3khz gain peaks might be your choice.

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #103 of 197
Yea it does have ear hook over the cable. It’s basically the rubber tubes.

Bravery’s tonality is basically “pinna gain compensated” conservative approach which qdc Anole VX, Dunu SA6, are following, so if your liking is more forward vocals, Moondrop’s 3khz gain peaks might be your choice.
just got replied from seeaudio, they said they gonna cancel the earhook , so for now some unit will get it some wont

yeah i impulse buying it because of anolve vx tuning alike .... and i think its gonna be my go to iem , easy to drive even with phone

btw u have heard sa6? quite curious about comparison sa6 with bravery

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #105 of 197
just got replied from seeaudio, they said they gonna cancel the earhook , so for now some unit will get it some wont

yeah i impulse buying it because of anolve vx tuning alike .... and i think its gonna be my go to iem , easy to drive even with phone

btw u have heard sa6? quite curious about comparison sa6 with bravery
I have Anole VX, SA6, the neutral with bass boost or mild V tuned IEMs.
78DE1D01-3548-4006-946C-B1C7A094AB3D.png

SA6 and Bravery are pretty close sounding one uptill upper mid, I referred Bravery as Mini-SA6.

However, the 6khz concha gain peaks are the point their philosophy fluctuates; Bravery tries to stay on neutral line, meanwhile SA6 took a compensation approach to get around. This 5kh-6.5khz region highly affects the female vocals’ “th” sound, it will make it more nuanced but at the same time could cause a sense of harshness for treble sensitive group with its resonance.

Also Bravery takes more neutral approach from 10khz which gives slightly more air.

The sound stage are about the same on both, but I feel SA6 got a bit wider diffusion due to it’s 7khz small creative leak.

I could say Both got S tonality, SA6 with A technicalities and Bravery with B+ technicalities.

D1335673-99CB-42B9-B488-ED7E28005B56.png

for Anole VX, it almost same could be said, VX has wider sound stage due to the 7khz plateau, which gives the unique sense of super resolving capacity to VX’s 10BA.

the Air presentation is more vivid on Bravery, but they are both very neutral with bass boost tuning. Technicalities are different hugely different on both, I could say Both got S tonality, VX with S technicalities and Bravery with B+ techn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back