See Audio Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #106 of 197
I have Anole VX, SA6, the neutral with bass boost or mild V tuned IEMs.

SA6 and Bravery are pretty close sounding one uptill upper mid, I referred Bravery as Mini-SA6.

However, the 6khz concha gain peaks are the point their philosophy fluctuates; Bravery tries to stay on neutral line, meanwhile SA6 took a compensation approach to get around. This 5kh-6.5khz region highly affects the female vocals’ “th” sound, it will make it more nuanced but at the same time could cause a sense of harshness for treble sensitive group with its resonance.

Also Bravery takes more neutral approach from 10khz which gives slightly more air.

The sound stage are about the same on both, but I feel SA6 got a bit wider diffusion due to it’s 7khz small creative leak.

I could say Both got S tonality, SA6 with A technicalities and Bravery with B+ technicalities.

for Anole VX, it almost same could be said, VX has wider sound stage due to the 7khz plateau, which gives the unique sense of super resolving capacity to VX’s 10BA.

the Air presentation is more vivid on Bravery, but they are both very neutral with bass boost tuning. Technicalities are different hugely different on both, I could say Both got S tonality, VX with S technicalities and Bravery with B+ techn

thx for the answer ! looks like i wont need to spend money to buy SA6 then

so bravery is mini of mini anole vx? :beyersmile: ... kinda curious with it but too bad the price too high for impulsive buying

btw i actually got some cosmetic defect in my bravery, luckily bought it from good local seller and already got the replacement
but not sure why, my tips feel off often when i put it off from my ears on the new bravery .... is it because the shell have a bit different shape because of handmade?
im pretty sure the nozzle will have exact same shape because its looks like mass produced item

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #107 of 197

so bravery is mini of mini anole vx? :beyersmile: ... kinda curious with it but too bad the price too high for impulsive buying

btw i actually got some cosmetic defect in my bravery, luckily bought it from good local seller and already got the replacement
but not sure why, my tips feel off often when i put it off from my ears on the new bravery .... is it because the shell have a bit different shape because of handmade?
im pretty sure the nozzle will have exact same shape because its looks like mass produced item
SeeAudio and cosmetic defects...They might need to tighten up their QC.

SeeAudio did reach out to me about my messed up left Yume unit. I gave them my contact/shipping information but they did not confirm they would actually do anything. Linsoul was not particularly helpful as I originally purchased the unit from them.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #108 of 197

SeeAudio did reach out to me about my messed up left Yume unit. I gave them my contact/shipping information but they did not confirm they would actually do anything. Linsoul was not particularly helpful as I originally purchased the unit from them.
Guess that they should spend some more money on QC rather than on bait for weebs.....

1631732230308.png

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #109 of 197

At least the rumor “See Audio was started by ex-qdc engineer” makes sense from the sound of Bravery, however the technicalities and sound stage are different when comparing VX to Bravery. At least I can comprehend Bravery as a younger and energetic grandson of Anole VX👌

When considering the price, Bravery is 1/10 of VX, so it’s definitely a good buy.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #110 of 197

whats ur defect looks like? mine looks like its been hit/fall , so theres a little damage in the edge
well, out of 10++ that the local seller sold, only my unit have the problem (or maybe other buyer didnt care :beyersmile: )

hmm shouldnt linsoul the one who should replace ur unit?

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #111 of 197
Mine has a large permanent thumb print from epoxy when the unit was glued.

It would be interesting to know the accurate mess up rate. I am glad your seller is treating you right.

Linsoul and SeeAudio discussed it, per Linsoul's emails to me. Linsoul said it was all up to SeeAudio to take care of. I am not sure why. I am now much less inclined to use Linsoul. In my eyes, they could have done more. SeeAudio could have solved this months ago also. Maybe someone will come through...

edit 09/27/21: SeeAudio replaced my unit. They properly supported their product.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #113 of 197
Sep 16, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #114 of 197
Some wrap ups for Bravery:
43171147-7119-4F92-8FA9-71FAC98639AD.jpeg

As an Anole VX fan, the rumor that "See Audio was started by an ex-qdc engineer" made sense to me when I heard the sound of the Bravery.

However, comparing VX and Bravery, they have different technicalities and sound stages.

At least I understand Bravery as the young and spry grandson of Anole VX.

Pros.

-When I come across a good sounding IEM, such as the Dunu Studio SA6 or the Moondrop Blessing2, I can't help but feel, "Oh, this sounds great! and this Bravery is no exception.

-Very good imaging of female vocals.

Drawbacks

For Xelastec, 6khz may be too bright for high frequency sensitive groups. I'm fine with + few decibels on the Harman, but the Bravery's concha gain peaks a bit north of that.

Verdict.

The Bravery's tone is basically the conservative "pinna-gain compensated" approach followed by the qdc Anole VX and Dunu SA6, so if you prefer your vocals to be more forward, the Moondrop's 3khz gain peak may be the way to go.

Considering the price, the Bravery is 1/10th of the VX, so the Neutral with its bass boost tuning with added caveats for musicality is a definite buy.

Comparison of similar sound signatures between the Dunu Studio SA6 ($560) and the qdc Anole VX ($2,600).
SA6 vs.
The SA6 and Bravery are very close sounding through the mids and highs, I call the Bravery a mini SA6.

The Bravery tries to maintain a neutral line, while the SA6 uses compensation to avoid it. This 5kh-6.5khz region has a significant impact on the "th" sound of female vocals, making them more nuanced, but at the same time, its resonance can cause a sense of harshness for high-pitched sensitive groups.

The Bravery also takes a more neutral approach starting at 10khz, giving it a slight airiness.

The soundstage is about the same for both, but the SA6 seems to be a bit more diffuse and wider due to a small creative leak at 7khz.

Both the SA6 and Bravery have S-class tones, with the SA6 technically an A and the Bravery technically a B+.

VS Anole VX.
089C0CCD-9E24-4186-B76D-C07770C45650.jpeg

The comparison with the Anole VX is pretty much the same, but the VX has a wider soundstage due to the 7khz plateau, giving the VX's 10BA a super-resolution feel.

The air is more crisp on the Bravery, but both are very neutral with the bass boost tuning. Technically, they are very different, and the tone of both can be described as S, VX is technically S, and Bravery is technically B+.
vs. See Audio Yume.

Compared to the Yume, these two are like two different animals: the Yume's bass floor looks pretty on the graph, but in actual sound reproduction, it was hollow, thin, lifeless, and lacking in sonic weight, but it was certainly "fixed".

The pinnage gain targets are also farther away from the 3khz peak. This is a compensated approach, like the Anole VX and SA6 did, and I find it more neutral than the spotlight-focused style (although the Softies RSV managed to cross the "uncanny valley" of artificially emphasizing the pinna gain peak).

The Bravery was high above 10khz, and the Yume lacked extension in that frequency range.

VS Moondrop Blessing2 Original and Dusk.
528A9757-234A-4DEF-B29B-7D5E1DDED52F.jpeg

The Dusk/B2 has better image placement than the Bravery, and compared to the 3khz pinnage peak of the B2/Dusk, the Bravery has more vocal intimacy and the female vocals sound more natural. the Bravery's bass is more textured, but the B2/Dusk The Bravery's bass is more textured, but without the slam of a dynamic driver like the B2/Dusk, so it's a matter of taste. Overall, the Bravery is brighter than the Dusk, with more definition in the highs and less density in the diffuse sound field.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #116 of 197
Ok, lemme rephrase my comment.

The „weeb bait“ and proper QC don’t have any correlation. Ideally, both Marketing and QC are good.
They do.

Weeb bait = paying someone for the art = less money for QC

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #117 of 197
This is the thread that I should have post my review first, ironically, I never looked for this.

I got the See Audio Bravery (4 BA, 279 USD) last week, and reviewed them. They are a beuatifully tuned balanced set with Neutral-Cold tonality, with some caveats. I have also made a comparison with the latest sensation, Yanyin Aladdin (1DD + 3 BA, 245 USD). Do have a read:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/see-audio-bravery.25333/review/26778/

20210908_170801-2.jpg

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #119 of 197
Some wrap ups for Bravery:
43171147-7119-4F92-8FA9-71FAC98639AD.jpeg

As an Anole VX fan, the rumor that "See Audio was started by an ex-qdc engineer" made sense to me when I heard the sound of the Bravery.

However, comparing VX and Bravery, they have different technicalities and sound stages.

At least I understand Bravery as the young and spry grandson of Anole VX.

Pros.

-When I come across a good sounding IEM, such as the Dunu Studio SA6 or the Moondrop Blessing2, I can't help but feel, "Oh, this sounds great! and this Bravery is no exception.

-Very good imaging of female vocals.

Drawbacks

For Xelastec, 6khz may be too bright for high frequency sensitive groups. I'm fine with + few decibels on the Harman, but the Bravery's concha gain peaks a bit north of that.

Verdict.

The Bravery's tone is basically the conservative "pinna-gain compensated" approach followed by the qdc Anole VX and Dunu SA6, so if you prefer your vocals to be more forward, the Moondrop's 3khz gain peak may be the way to go.

Considering the price, the Bravery is 1/10th of the VX, so the Neutral with its bass boost tuning with added caveats for musicality is a definite buy.

Comparison of similar sound signatures between the Dunu Studio SA6 ($560) and the qdc Anole VX ($2,600).
SA6 vs.
The SA6 and Bravery are very close sounding through the mids and highs, I call the Bravery a mini SA6.

The Bravery tries to maintain a neutral line, while the SA6 uses compensation to avoid it. This 5kh-6.5khz region has a significant impact on the "th" sound of female vocals, making them more nuanced, but at the same time, its resonance can cause a sense of harshness for high-pitched sensitive groups.

The Bravery also takes a more neutral approach starting at 10khz, giving it a slight airiness.

The soundstage is about the same for both, but the SA6 seems to be a bit more diffuse and wider due to a small creative leak at 7khz.

Both the SA6 and Bravery have S-class tones, with the SA6 technically an A and the Bravery technically a B+.

VS Anole VX.
089C0CCD-9E24-4186-B76D-C07770C45650.jpeg

The comparison with the Anole VX is pretty much the same, but the VX has a wider soundstage due to the 7khz plateau, giving the VX's 10BA a super-resolution feel.

The air is more crisp on the Bravery, but both are very neutral with the bass boost tuning. Technically, they are very different, and the tone of both can be described as S, VX is technically S, and Bravery is technically B+.
vs. See Audio Yume.

Compared to the Yume, these two are like two different animals: the Yume's bass floor looks pretty on the graph, but in actual sound reproduction, it was hollow, thin, lifeless, and lacking in sonic weight, but it was certainly "fixed".

The pinnage gain targets are also farther away from the 3khz peak. This is a compensated approach, like the Anole VX and SA6 did, and I find it more neutral than the spotlight-focused style (although the Softies RSV managed to cross the "uncanny valley" of artificially emphasizing the pinna gain peak).

The Bravery was high above 10khz, and the Yume lacked extension in that frequency range.

VS Moondrop Blessing2 Original and Dusk.
528A9757-234A-4DEF-B29B-7D5E1DDED52F.jpeg
The Dusk/B2 has better image placement than the Bravery, and compared to the 3khz pinnage peak of the B2/Dusk, the Bravery has more vocal intimacy and the female vocals sound more natural. the Bravery's bass is more textured, but the B2/Dusk The Bravery's bass is more textured, but without the slam of a dynamic driver like the B2/Dusk, so it's a matter of taste. Overall, the Bravery is brighter than the Dusk, with more definition in the highs and less density in the diffuse sound field.
Nice one! This actually answers every single question I had regarding Bravery.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #120 of 197
Mine has a large permanent thumb print from epoxy when the unit was glued.

It would be interesting to know the accurate mess up rate. I am glad your seller is treating you right.

Linsoul and SeeAudio discussed it, per Linsoul's emails to me. Linsoul said it was all up to SeeAudio to take care of. I am not sure why. I am now much less inclined to use Linsoul. In my eyes, they could have done more. SeeAudio could have solved this months ago also. Maybe someone will come through...
A thumbprint you can't ever wipe away sounds like nightmare material

Users who are viewing this thread

Back