See Audio Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #136 of 197
Has anyone heard rumors or hints about a Yume II? I would probably blind buy one.

Dec 13, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #137 of 197
8D011A92-5B00-4894-93C7-A4D2B448415F.jpeg
So, Crin has had his „Project Midnight“ in his Database, and SeeAudio announced a Collab a while ago. Now there’s a final Teaser up before the reveal and all signs point to it being Crin x SeeAudio x Hifigo.

Their mascot is wearing Crinacles signature glasses, wears a Top with the YouTube logo, and in the blurred background one can make out lots of FR Graphs.

In Addition, they posted two pictures as hints before. One is a full moon among clouds, and the other is the time 00:00:00. The latter is literally Midnight, and the other stands in correlation with it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HiFiGoAudio/status/1470325009230938114

https://m.facebook.com/Seeaudio2020/?_se_imp=2SqM9ui5Canc8LSSW

I‘m pretty excited. Now what do you think it’ll be? A single DD, Hybrid, Tribrid, or Multi BA? I‘d personally hope for a Tribrid.

Jan 1, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #139 of 197
Yume/Anou is the best Harman Target IEM under $200. I really like this.

I love the Yume, but I would rate the 2021 Hana two steps above it: soundstage, imaging, timbre, and transients being far superior on the 2021 Hana compared to the Yume. The Yume has a wonderful, intoxicating tuning, a very nice cable, and is super comfortable.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #142 of 197
Jan 5, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #144 of 197
I unboxed and measured Yume: Midnight today.

Frequency response: https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,SeeAudio_Yume_Midnight

Shell shape is different than original Yume. More similar to Bravery, but still different than that too.

The Yume is much prettier. I found the Yume’s cable to be wonderfully comfortable. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but the Midnight’s cable looks like it will be on the stiff side.

I look forward to your detailed impressions, review, and discussion.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #145 of 197
Hmm... I don't see how the Midnight is going to have better technicalities than the original Yume. I'd think that they would need to change the drivers to better quality ones to get that fixed. If the tuning is what decides technicalities, why bother with more expensive drivers? Anyway, will a tuning with more bass and a slightly greater treble extension change the transients, attack and definition which Crinacle critisized the Yume for?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #146 of 197
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #147 of 197
Hmm... I don't see how the Midnight is going to have better technicalities than the original Yume. I'd think that they would need to change the drivers to better quality ones to get that fixed. If the tuning is what decides technicalities, why bother with more expensive drivers? Anyway, will a tuning with more bass and a slightly greater treble extension change the transients, attack and definition which Crinacle critisized the Yume for?
Given what I read, they seem to have re-done the Drivers along with the tuning as well as the internal sound chamber and frequency crossover.

With all that, they are supposed to be more of a „Yume 2.0“

Also, I immediately pre-ordered them today when the orders were opened.

25B0C140-16CB-4452-B910-BC9C0354BF2D.jpeg

Excited to receive them. Gonna share my thoughts once I listened to them and will compare them to my other IEMs (the SeeAudio Bravery; Moondrop Variations, Blessing 2: Dusk and Aria; ThieAudio Oracle and Fiio FH3). Tough competition to go up against!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #148 of 197
Jan 6, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #150 of 197
Nice review! You mention some treble peaks. I shy away from the 6 kHz area as I am notably sensitive at that range. I found the Moondrop Kato to be shouty and have terrible treble glare. Is there a chance I (given my sensitivities) will get that type of presentation with the Midnight?
For me they dont have that glare to sound harsher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back