SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #481 of 569
I'll be doing a mad pack rush Friday before the set-up. Gil, let me know how many tables/chairs we need!

After set-up, I'm not sure where to go as I don't know that area of Seattle too well. I'll let you guys pick.

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #482 of 569
I will do the slow packing grind thurs. night.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #485 of 569
Once the rain starts either thur or fri, not to mention rush hour traffic on fri with everybody going to work to try to make up for the bad weather time off. All the roads will be clear.

Nice to see have you there again rev power.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #486 of 569
At Front Panel Express dropping some tables off. The roads are just a little slushy. Will be getting some pic's of the amps for the raffle

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #487 of 569
Olympia got 13 INCHES of snow last night/today.  Previous record?  4.5 inches.. LOL.  They're predicting freezing rain tonight/tomorrow morning though = not good.

I'm pretty sure it'll clear up by late Friday, though..

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #488 of 569
Hoping things get mostly cleared out by Friday morning when I am planning on driving up. Taking it day by day with this crazy weather, 14" in Hood River (which isn't remotely close to a record but makes the the hills "interesting")
Getting close to ready, now have both tablets working as digital sources, just have to clean the glass on the tube gear and pack it up.

Quote:
Olympia got 13 INCHES of snow last night/today.  Previous record?  4.5 inches.. LOL.  They're predicting freezing rain tonight/tomorrow morning though = not good.

I'm pretty sure it'll clear up by late Friday, though..

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #489 of 569

Quote:
@Doc:  Thanks for the jesting!  I am always the first to poke fun at my situation, but you really had me chuckling there! 

Recent sad developments...I think my AKG 702 and AD2Ks have been greviously injured, overplaying their part in the noble effort to bring aural nirvana my way....though I the sound did undergo a change I could not pin down on the latter, a friend said there is a paper-like crackling noise from the Audio Technicas that gets louder the more the vol goes up and with the AKGs, it gets tinnier...I fear blown drivers.. oh, foop!  Will bring them along for last rites or some Lazarus-lifting advice.  My beloved Pioneer SX-1250 also took a hit, with a DOA left channel on the headphone out....will check the speaker outputs to see if its systematic.

So far, the gear list:
Lavry DA10
Consonance Opera Cyber-20
Cayin SCD-50T
Marantz 2275
Smeggy Thunders
HiFiMan HE-5
Denon D7000
Wounded cans
Power conditioner
Speaker taps (4Pin XLR)

Let's pray for kind snow....spozed to have something wicked our way this week....

Would you be willing to sell your AD2K headband to me? I've been trying forever to get the part from various places. ATH US say they do not have the part since it is import, and ATH China and Japan will just forward me right back to ATH US. I'm willing to pay some big cash for the parts since they are one of my favorite headphones. Alternatively, I could sell you my drivers,which are perfectly fine, and just buy a new pair. 

Oh the horror when my AD2K fell off my desk. It was like I was watching it in slowmo. The metal wires snapped clean off. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #490 of 569

These are a couple of photo's of the parts for the amps being donated to the raffle. Looks like a few more than 5. If you make it to the meet you will get a raffle ticket. Rules will be posted soon. Amps will be in custom Front Panel Express cases. Will post a couple more pic's in a bit. Just added some pic's

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #492 of 569

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Audiowize is putting them together. Awesome contribution for us Head-fiers.
Quote:
Nice! They are assembling them, correct?

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #493 of 569
If I just want to attend and not display do I need a badge?
I just found out about this today.  If I need a badge to come to the event then I would like to be on the list
I may be bringing one other person. 
Thanks 
Sam

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #494 of 569
Hi ribcake, we will hook you up.
wink.gif
Just show up, sign in, and enjoy.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS YOUR FIRST POST.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #495 of 569

Love the looks of the cases and the torroid transformers are cool :)

Quote:

These are a couple of photo's of the parts for the amps being donated to the raffle. Looks like a few more than 5. If you make it to the meet you will get a raffle ticket. Rules will be posted soon. Amps will be in custom Front Panel Express cases. Will post a couple more pic's in a bit. Just added some pic's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back