SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Nov 18, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #106 of 569

Quote:

I'd love to hear the Nova. Bring it please! :)

Scott

Glad there's interest!  I'll bring it.

Pretty excited about checking out Front Panel Express, too.  Do we get a tour of the operation as part of the GTG?  A friend and I are building some small custom computer cases out of nice hardwoods, cherry and walnut....think Peachtree Nova style, but smaller, some visible joinery, and solid wood rather than veneered.  We wanted something that would match well with the Nova, as I'm hoping to match mine up with the Nova as a music server.  We've been looking at various options for a front panel, and it looks like Front Panel Express just might be the ticket.  Hope to see a sample of the natural anodized aluminum at the GTG.

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #108 of 569
I'd like to make it to this meet (especially for the photography ops in the PNW) but not sure I will. Sort of ran out of spare money for travel and need to recoup for a while - my most recent trip killed my wallet and SR-009 fund.
tongue.gif

Quote:
Pretty excited about checking out Front Panel Express, too.  Do we get a tour of the operation as part of the GTG?  A friend and I are building some small custom computer cases out of nice hardwoods, cherry and walnut....think Peachtree Nova style, but smaller, some visible joinery, and solid wood rather than veneered.  We wanted something that would match well with the Nova, as I'm hoping to match mine up with the Nova as a music server.  We've been looking at various options for a front panel, and it looks like Front Panel Express just might be the ticket.  Hope to see a sample of the natural anodized aluminum at the GTG.

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/516673/factory-tour-front-panel-express

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #109 of 569
Thanks for pointing me to that thread, Asr.  Looking at some photos from the last GTG, I'm getting a better idea of what this is all about.

Are tables provided to setup our gear, or do I need to bring a small table of my own?  What's the power situation like?  I assume I need to bring an extension cord and power strip?

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #110 of 569
FMF you had my ROFLing hard. There is a place in Seattle called Singles Going Steady in Belltown. It is a Punk record shop. Had to tell you. I'm there kinda often since a few chefs I know meet up across the street at The JU JU. Congrat's iamoneagain. His wife gave birth to a beautiful boy a couple days ago. Still working on some details. Will update the first post soon.

Quote:
I like to look at the whole "hippy" thing as similar to punk. Anyone who's still punk would tell you it's dead, there is no punk anymore. 

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #111 of 569

Quote:
FMF you had my ROFLing hard. There is a place in Seattle called Singles Going Steady in Belltown. It is a Punk record shop. Had to tell you. I'm there kinda often since a few chefs I know meet up across the street at The JU JU. Congrat's iamoneagain. His wife gave birth to a beautiful boy a couple days ago. Still working on some details. Will update the first post soon.

Hahahaha, glad I could be of service buddy, I'll definitely have to check it out when I'm down there. Pretty good selection?

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #112 of 569

Quote:
Are tables provided to setup our gear, or do I need to bring a small table of my own?  What's the power situation like?  I assume I need to bring an extension cord and power strip?

Yes, tables and chairs will be there, but you will want to bring a power strip and maybe an extension cord. For anyone considering this kind of stuff there is a pretty reasonable priced power strip by Belkin that you can get at The Borg, uh, I mean Home Depot. It has ten outlets in a blue metal box, spaced far enough apart for big AC plugs and smaller wall warts and it has a pretty hefty 10 ft cord. IIRC they are only about $30. We use several of them at Bottleheadquarters.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #113 of 569

Quote:
Yes, tables and chairs will be there, but you will want to bring a power strip and maybe an extension cord. For anyone considering this kind of stuff there is a pretty reasonable priced power strip by Belkin that you can get at The Borg, uh, I mean Home Depot. It has ten outlets in a blue metal box, spaced far enough apart for big AC plugs and smaller wall warts and it has a pretty hefty 10 ft cord. IIRC they are only about $30. We use several of them at Bottleheadquarters.

I got an extra power strip and extension cord if anyone needs it, I don't have any powered equipment yet.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #114 of 569
And if anybody has some Denon's, preferably in the D2000-D7000 variety, I'd really appreciate it if you brought them, I can't find them in any brick and mortar stores out here.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #117 of 569
For what it's worth we have several different headphones to audition, though we don't sell them. Current stable includes HD600, HD650, HD800, HD202, PX-200, K701, K1000, QP-400, Triple Fi 10, Skullcandy Aviator and we temporarily have some K340s visiting.  And of course we have a few amps, that we do sell.

Update 11/21: just added DT-880 250s, DT-250s, Tesla T-50p, ATH-A900, SR125 (with L pads and Tyll Hertsen's scotch tape mod) and Vixen V3s with HF-2 drivers in cocobolo shells to the stable.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #118 of 569
And I remember when Doc B had a few sets of cans with the K1000's in Woodinville. How time flies. This is a bad time to be on the fence thinking of coming to a Seattle meet. This meet is shaping up to something great and some of regulars have not even signed in yet. It will get closer and some of the usual suspects will be chiming in. One CoughCurbfeelerCough is in England at the moment. extreme4099, Kingstyles, Markj, Revpower(Ken) have not commented yet. Just some thoughts........

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #119 of 569
I've never been to a meet or met anyone from HeadFi, so this looks like a very cool opportunity.  Put me down as a definite "maybe" 
wink_face.gif
.  I'll shoot for bringing two flavors of the T50RP LFF is modding for me (one to Paradox specs, and another slightly different tuned T50RP).  I'm looking forward to running them through gear I can barely dream of affording.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #120 of 569
I'm going to see if I can time off work to see if I can make it to the meet. I have never been to a meet for head-fi before, but I'm really excited to test out new headphones and amps. 

I currently have these headphones that I can bring:

ATH-AD2000 (headband being repaired by AT right now, hopefully they will be done by the meet)
AH-D7000 

As for DACs and Amps, they are mainly non portable or mounted on my desktop. But I can probably bring my portable iBasso D2 Viper with rollable opamps (only 100 of these made). I can even bring a bunch of opamps to test including a few rare ones. 

I've been dying to test out the LCD-2s BTW. I hope someone brings them to the meet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back