SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #137 of 569

Quote:
Ill have a Schiit Bifrost in the house...

I'm excited to hear the Bitfrost, too, and the Bottlehead prototype DAC is news to me!  Looking forward to that.  Will anyone be bringing the Schiit Lyr or Valhalla amps?

As for sources, I suppose I could bring my Rega Saturn CD player if y'all are curious.  That is, if I haven't sold it by then.  Trying to liquidate some equipment to buy a Bottlehead/Blumenstein system!

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #138 of 569
Is there a master gear listing anywhere in the thread? If not that would be helpful.

I have an especially strong interest in portable (battery powered) gear including sources, amps and DACs.

Kind of an obscure area even for Head-Fi :)

Thanks

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #139 of 569

Quote:
I'm excited to hear the Bitfrost, too, and the Bottlehead prototype DAC is news to me!  Looking forward to that.  Will anyone be bringing the Schiit Lyr or Valhalla amps?

As for sources, I suppose I could bring my Rega Saturn CD player if y'all are curious.  That is, if I haven't sold it by then.  Trying to liquidate some equipment to buy a Bottlehead/Blumenstein system!

Yes, I drive my Schiit with more Schiit. So the Lyr will be there also. No Valhalla however. Ill have basically everything in my sig. Im in the market potentially for a CD player so perhaps you could sell it to me :wink:

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #140 of 569
I might have to pull the trigger on that D100 I've been eying.

If so, I could bring that along with a couple of MB Quart model cans (SP-1, QP805, maybe QP400) as well as the new Shure SRH-940 everyone has been so love/hate about it seems.

I'd be using the D100 as a straight DAC/AMP and not balanced yet, as I don't see myself having the time to balance anything/get a balanced amplifier to drive them.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #141 of 569
I agree with sbradley02, a master gear list would be nice, although maybe a bit of effort for someone to put together.

Quote:
Yes, I drive my Schiit with more Schiit. So the Lyr will be there also.

Awesome, can't wait to hear your Schiit!  I've been looking for a headphone amp and DAC for my cubicle at work.  Love the styling of the Schiit gear...just haven't heard it yet.  Seems like a sweet setup for the price.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #142 of 569

Quote:
Is there a master gear listing anywhere in the thread? If not that would be helpful.

I have an especially strong interest in portable (battery powered) gear including sources, amps and DACs.

Thanks

We've done that in the past, but I think it puts some strain on whomever is keeping track of it (usually Gil), and I usually don't always know what all I should bring.  I have an iBasso D10 that I could bring if you're interested in hearing it, for instance.  It's a little old, but it sits in my cubicle and is fine for my "work rig" for now. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #143 of 569

Quote:

Thanks

If Equus brings his D10 I could also bring my Meier 3Move and you could be in portable battery amp/dac heaven lol. I jest in part but yeah, those are two options to occupy some of your time with. Neither are considered particularly modern anymore but I still see positive posts about both. For portable sources I can bring a P3, J3, S9, Clip+, ZuneHD and D2.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #144 of 569
The more the merrier - thanks!

This is the one I most want to hear but doubt if I will ever see one:
http://aloaudio.com/the-continental-v2-en.html

I will of course look forward to hearing the big iron stationary amps (especially a second listen to the awesome Liquid Fire) but don't know if one would ever be practical for me personally.

Quote:
We've done that in the past, but I think it puts some strain on whomever is keeping track of it (usually Gil), and I usually don't always know what all I should bring.  I have an iBasso D10 that I could bring if you're interested in hearing it, for instance.  It's a little old, but it sits in my cubicle and is fine for my "work rig" for now. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #145 of 569

Quote:

I will of course look forward to hearing the big iron stationary amps (especially a second listen to the awesome Liquid Fire) but don't know if one would ever be practical for me personally.

Since sachu is probably going to make it up here from Portland, you can see if you could bribe him and Ken from ALO audio to see if it's possible to have sachu bring a demo unit to listen to or something.

I remember a time when I wasn't interested in desktop amps and DACs.  The D10 is actually the only "survivor" from that era.  I think I'm on my 3rd desktop amp and 4th DAC, at this point.  So be careful. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #146 of 569
That would be awesome.

And thanks I consider myself to be warned
gs1000.gif

Quote:
Since sachu is probably going to make it up here from Portland, you can see if you could bribe him and Ken from ALO audio to see if it's possible to have sachu bring a demo unit to listen to or something.

I remember a time when I wasn't interested in desktop amps and DACs.  The D10 is actually the only "survivor" from that era.  I think I'm on my 3rd desktop amp and 4th DAC, at this point.  So be careful. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #147 of 569

Quote:

snip

I just saw that at ALO, not much of a store, more like a warehouse, but that doesn't really matter. If you ever have the chance I highly suggest going there, there were some amazing looking amps and dacs, a couple Woo's and a Manley Stingray, man that thing is beautiful, see http://manleylabs.com/containerpages/stingray99.html

Ohh and I second you're request for portable gear, I still haven't got an amp/dac for my 600's and would really love to compare some offerings. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #148 of 569

Quote:

snip

I could do the same, I'll be back in Portland for winter break, so I could ask then.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #149 of 569
Just bought an assemblage D2D-1 upsampler. So that will be coming with me as well. Which means now there is an I2S link to the Assemblage DAC 3.1

WIll be running both the Liquid Fire and the Liquid Lightning out of the Assemblage. Liquid Fire in single ended mode, Liquid Lightning in balanced mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back