Seattle Meet at Bottleheadquarters 05/06/2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 99
  I think I will leave the Schiit Freya at home for this one just because of the nature of having a preamp and the tubes and all the extra wires seems a headache to take down and assemble.

I should have the following:
Laptop >> Breeze DI-U8 with clock mods >> DAC maybe a Schiit Mobi or some other rather fascinating R2R DAC >> Cayin iHA6 >>
Hifiman HE6, HE560
Senn HD800, ATH R70X

And for people that want to try the Sony MDR-1000X bt headset, it's literally tuned like a Lawton D2000 but portable.

If you bring the HE-6, would you be so kind as to let me plug it into the speaker taps on my custom tube amp? 

My speaker amp only outputs a max of 2 watts, so its well within spec of the HE-6. 

I have heard the HE-6 a couple of times, but no one has ever driven it with a decent amp. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #18 of 99
I'll be able to make this meet. The Bottlehead meets are awesome.

My only change in gear has been new tubes for the Liquid Fire. I'm using Gold Lion tubes now. The old JJ tubes were getting noisy and needed to be replaced. I like the sound with the Gold Lion tubes better so all's good. I also got a Modi Multibit, but no reason to bring it to the meet since I'll bring the Gumby instead.

Gear I'll bring:
Cavalli Liquid Fire
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Laptop as source
LCD-2.2 (non fazor)
HD650 with balanced cable
HD600
Massdrop TH-X00

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 99
Very nice, Hammy is making the trip. Mic drop.....

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 99
  Very nice, Hammy is making the trip. Mic drop.....

I missed the Rednet meeting because I was Georgia. I'll be asking some Rednet related questions during this meet. I want to move away from USB for my DAC connections. Rednet or some other ethernet connection seems to be the way to go. But I need to know more about it before committing. 

I forgot that I got an Audeze Sine (closed on-ear) in a Black Friday deal. So I'll be bringing the Audeze Sine headphones to the meet as well. I got them for the PonoPlayer. I have a balanced Pono cable for them, balanced 4-pin XLR cable for them, and a standard TRS mini cable for them. I don't have the iOS Lightning cable. They're an "interesting" headphone. They work well for what I want them for, but they do have sonic and fit quirks. Aspects of the planar style sound are there, and I like that.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 99
I wanna come. If I do

Headphones:
Modded Fostex woodie T50RP
Kennerton Odin
Atticus
Eikon
Modded 650
Meze Classics
Meze 99 Neo

Amps:
Auris HA2 SE tube amp
Mogwai tube amp
SPL Phonitor E

Source:
Pavane
Rednet
iMac

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 99
Looking forward to this meet as I missed it last year.  Bringing my modded Sony Z7, Jot, and Korg DAC.  I'll be taking my car onto the ferry, so those who need a ride, I got some room. PM me for logistics.

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #23 of 99
I just saw this, I'm all up for it if it checks out. Have you heard of people doing that before with the specific amp? Which amp?

If you bring the HE-6, would you be so kind as to let me plug it into the speaker taps on my custom tube amp? 

My speaker amp only outputs a max of 2 watts, so its well within spec of the HE-6. 

I have heard the HE-6 a couple of times, but no one has ever driven it with a decent amp. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #24 of 99
I just saw this, I'm all up for it if it checks out. Have you heard of people doing that before with the specific amp? Which amp?

Its one of a kind. 

A friend of mine designed and built the amp, and I have been tuning it over the course of several years. I have brought it to the bottle head DIY meets and I think doc B can vouch that it works. 

I have actually been plugging my HE-500s directly into the speaker taps. Only one of the drivers works, but I can at least show you that the headphones are stable. : )

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #25 of 99
I expect to be hot-transporting uDO/Yggy, feeding a secret borrowed amp. Looking forward to listening to some of the gear people are posting about.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #29 of 99
Hi guys,

this is really bad timing. I don't think I will go to the meet. I have to move all of my stuff (we are moving) and I may have to even work that day. 

Sorry

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #30 of 99
  Hi guys,

this is really bad timing. I don't think I will go to the meet. I have to move all of my stuff (we are moving) and I may have to even work that day. 

Sorry

Thanks for letting us know. I won't be showing either then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back