Seattle Meet at Bottleheadquarters 05/06/2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2017 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
We are having the 1st meet of the season at BottleHeadquarters on Bainbridge Island. This may be one of the most unique meets. Most of us take a ferry to Bainbridge Island. We are greeted by some of the nicest hosts on the planet. Queen Eileen an Doc B of Bottlehead with the awesome support of their crew. We have had many awesome meets here. If this is your first meet, this is the one to make. You will have a great time. Bring your gear and a friend. We will prolly have a pre meet and an aftermeet to get all your questions answered. Veterans, you know this is one of our favorite meets. Here it goes:

Where: BottleHeadquarters
              9415 coppertop loop NE
              Suite 101
              Bainbridge Island, WA 98110               (206) 451-4275

Time: 1-5pm

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 99
reserved

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 99
reserved

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 99
I'm gonna be working that weekend, so I will look forward to or next gathering.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 99
Um, this may be the meet of the Linear Power Supply. Yes we go through phases, tubes, Hd800's, Audeze, Dac's, Rednet,........We are the most advanced Headphone enthusiasts in the world, yes it is easy to say. My rig is changing as we speak. And then at Bottleheadquarters....... 
My Gear:
Sennheiser HD 700's, very tweeked
Mytek Brooklyn, Um very tweeked
Amp De jour, What ever it is, very Tweaked
All power components, very tweaked,
All cables very tweaked.

I can spend pages what I did to my gear.. But it easier just to listen to it. Come to Bottlehead and have a good time.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #12 of 99
hello,

as we reside in Slaughter County, MrsForBin and i will be there for sure. mostly bringing ears and beers. i will bring my stuck in the middle with you Schitt stack: Lyr 2 with glass and Bimby, and the Massdrop AKG 7XX and Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX with her laptop as source.

since receiving the Senn's in the first drop, i have found that all i want to do is listen to tunez. they and the AKG's make me very, very happy!

there really is life in mid-fi purgatory (at least if your ears are as broken as mine are.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 99
Very interested to hear the hd6xx, you don't see them in the classifieds meaning they're quite the keeper it seems.

Another phone I'd like to hear is the Monoprice LCD2 clone. Anyone have one?

As for drinks I'd like to bring a mixer of Hennessey and Martinelli sparkling cider, is hard-a allowed? It's quite the tasty beverage

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 99
I think I will leave the Schiit Freya at home for this one just because of the nature of having a preamp and the tubes and all the extra wires seems a headache to take down and assemble.

I should have the following:
Laptop >> Breeze DI-U8 with clock mods >> DAC maybe a Schiit Mobi or some other rather fascinating R2R DAC >> Cayin iHA6 >>
Hifiman HE6, HE560
Senn HD800, ATH R70X

And for people that want to try the Sony MDR-1000X bt headset, it's literally tuned like a Lawton D2000 but portable.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 99
Is anyone going to have a ZMF Eikon or Atticus with them? I really want to hear those and it would be great if I could drive up there to give them a listen. I would also bring my Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Asgard 2, Audeze LCD-2, and iBasso DX80 with me if anyone wanted to hear that combo. Would love to plug my LCD-2 into a few tube amps as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back