Seattle Meet 12/6/15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #121 of 143
My gear list:
Gustard U12 > Bifrost Multibit > Schiit Sys A/B switch + preamp > Project Horizon 3 Hybrid or Cayin C5 SS amp > Headphones
FiiO X5 > Cayin C5 > Headphones

Headphones:
Fostex/Massdrop THX00
Beyer Tesla 1 T70 (50-70hrs of music old)
Bass Mod AKG K612 Pro

For those of you with the Bifrost Multibit or previous impressions, make sure to hear it with the U12 as the treble edge improves imo. Just found out the Seahawks have a 10AM game so I'm probably just going straight to the meet, be at the library 30 mins before start time.

Stay at homes:
Hifiman HE560
MHDT Labs Paradisea 3
Project Sunrise 3 w/ linear power

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #123 of 143
My gear list:

Gustard U12 > Bifrost Multibit > Schiit Sys A/B switch + preamp > Project Horizon 3 Hybrid or Cayin C5 SS amp > Headphones

FiiO X5 > Cayin C5 > Headphones

Headphones:

Fostex/Massdrop THX00

Beyer Tesla 1 T70 (50-70hrs of music old)

Bass Mod AKG K612 Pro

For those of you with the Bifrost Multibit or previous impressions, make sure to hear it with the U12 as the treble edge improves imo. Just found out the Seahawks have a 10AM game so I'm probably just going straight to the meet, be at the library 30 mins before start time.

Stay at homes:

Hifiman HE560

MHDT Labs Paradisea 3

Project Sunrise 3 w/ linear power

Sorry I can't join you. I've been visiting in Silverdale all week from Ann Arbor, MI to help my mother recover from her hip surgery. Even bought a pair of Grados to add to my collection from Nuts About Hi-Fi, where I had previously purchased my second pair of Grados that set me onto the road to perdition with my 22 Grados now (because the closed Ultrasones Edition 8s I brought were making my head feel claustrophobic). But I leave tomorrow at 4:30 am. Anyone need a wake up call?

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #124 of 143

Wow, those pictures make it look huge like the 2001 space odyssey monolith - must be the new camera. Can't wait to hear it. Any first impressions compared to the older versions?

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #125 of 143
Sorry I can't join you. I've been visiting in Silverdale all week from Ann Arbor, MI to help my mother recover from her hip surgery. Even bought a pair of Grados to add to my collection from Nuts About Hi-Fi, where I had previously purchased my second pair of Grados that set me onto the road to perdition with my 22 Grados now (because the closed Ultrasones Edition 8s I brought were making my head feel claustrophobic). But I leave tomorrow at 4:30 am. Anyone need a wake up call?

That's too bad on multiple counts, hope your mother is recovering well. With your collection, you and @gefski would really have to share some setup knowledge. Looks like you're an SS guy and he's a tube guy both using Grados extensively. Still in awe how much Grados you have in your collection.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #127 of 143

What is it?

+1, although the LH points it's an AMP/DAC or just a DAC. Looks like a portable device?

Also just a reminder, the free table will be in effect. Bring some CDs if you want, I got 3 for the table ranging in genres. Got some really good albums from the share table a few times.

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #128 of 143
Please remember to bring power strips and and know that most peeps will share space on tables. Any extra assistance please let me know.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #129 of 143
What is it?

+1, although the LH points it's an AMP/DAC or just a DAC. Looks like a portable device?

It's the LH Labs Geek Out V2+; a battery-powered DAC/amp. It's basically like the original Geek Out except you can use it with your smartphone, it's fully balanced with a 3.5 mm TRRS balanced output, low/high gain settings (100 and 1000 mW outputs), and it has the new ESS9018AQ2M DAC chip within it.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #131 of 143
Packing up getting ready to go. Excited to go to the premeet. Tavern on the square looks very promising.

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #132 of 143
Packing up getting ready to go. Excited to go to the premeet. Tavern on the square looks very promising.

My wife and I are on our way to the premeet now!

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #133 of 143
Dec 6, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #135 of 143
What is it?

It's the LH Labs Geek Out V2+; a battery-powered DAC/amp. It's basically like the original Geek Out except you can use it with your smartphone, it's fully balanced with a 3.5 mm TRRS balanced output, low/high gain settings (100 and 1000 mW outputs), and it has the new ESS9018AQ2M DAC chip within it.

I think the picture is throwing people. The LEDs must be tiny as they make it tiny V2+ look like a computer case in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back