Seattle Head-Fi meet Saturday January 25th - ORIGINAL for this date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 43
Hey guys, only 2 weeks left to go! Feel free to post a shout out, or just say hello. To spice things up a bit I can also bring a full rig - either my Euforia tube amp or Stax Lambda L300 system (limited edition almost identical to the L700) + DAC. Anybody have a preference between the two?

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #18 of 43
@DecentLevi Count me in too! I won't have the Glenn amp by your meet, but I can bring:

amp: Ampsandsound Mogwai SE
dac: Pure Audio Lotus Dac5
headphones: One of - ZMF Atticus, ZMF Auteur, Hifiman Arya. Not sure which one I will bring yet.

As for which of your systems to bring, my vote goes to the Stax Lambda L300 system. I've always wanted to hear electrostat headphones!

Carl

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #19 of 43
Awesome gear @carlman14.

It will be great to compare impressions of the Mogwai to my DIY tube amp.
I'll bring a ZMF Aeolus and Hifiman HE5SE.....
I've never heard the Atticus or Auteur but either would be really cool to compare to the Aeolus

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 43
It's awesome to hear from you folks! This will probably be a one-off event I'm putting together so looking forward to it.

@carlman14 got you down! Me and a friend I'm bringing would like to hear your amp & DAC. From those headphones, I'm personally more intrested in the Hifiman Arya. I'm not the biggest ZMF fan aside from perhaps the Verite which I haven't tried yet.

If I'm bringing the Stax Lambda e-stat system I may as well bring my Euforia tube amp as well because it needs a tube buffer to sound good. It's just a little daunting on the set-up / take down process but it should be cool.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 43
Tiny update, I won't be bringing the new HP-1000 headphones from SoundMAGIC. I didn't gel with the performance of the unit they sent me so I returned it back to them save for writing a scathing review and left them with tips on internal changes for a hopeful improved future headphone model. In place a new friend I bumped into will be bringing a relatively unheard of open AKG model which has amazing bang for the buck, and he's a super conversationalist... I'm sure he'll post about it after he registers for Head-Fi.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #25 of 43
I am looking forward to it!
I have heard alot of gear and lately built some more but in the end I find that my ears simply are not that refined to hear the nuances and subtleties.
I'm most excited for folks to spend some time with the amps and DAC I built and let me know their honest opinion, and how they compare to others they are familiar with.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #27 of 43
Lookin' forward to this unique meet tomorrow! @itsikhefez @gulag_me @Brainiac9000 @carlman14 @caenlenfromOCN @Pale Rider what time were you thinking to come? I'll be there tomorrow from 11am-4 with my gear hoping to see some of you and others around. It will be a chill atmosphere!

Also don't forget to bring a power strip. There should be plenty of room for your gear!

No worries if I can't get a ride by 11am, I'll find another way.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #28 of 43
I plan on arriving at around 11.... I can try and pick you up if I don't have any delays. PM me your details.
I can't still till 4pm.. I'll probably hang around for 2-3 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back