Seattle Head-Fi Meet...3.22.08
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #346 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Figaro

Very nice of you. Y'know, maybe we'll rotate some gear through. If we get a few offers, we can try the IEMs with various gear driving it. Nice. Thanks, Gil.

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #347 of 388
Dude, you know I may be rough around the edges from time to time? Everybody knows where heart is at! This amp is will surprise a few, especially with the PSA Power Punch power cable. Just listen when you have a chance.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #348 of 388
Thank you for the nice welcome, Brian! I am excited to meet everyone this Saturday.

I will be bringing the Shure SE series IEM earphones: SE110, SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and lots of extra tips so anyone who wants to can try these out.

Cosmo
Streamline Audio Video

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #349 of 388
Cosmo - you're welcome. We look forward to hosting you!

MIA:
I'm digging through photos from the meet last November...has anyone heard from Akui or kelvinz?
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #350 of 388
I'm new to this forum, having migrated over through my interest in trying to effectively pair up a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet's usb port with a portable usb dac-amp -- and I live in Seattle! That, for me, is the good news. However, this weekend I'll unfortunately be in Eastern Washington and unable to attend! So, I'm hoping to catch up with all of you at your next meet. I'll watch this forum closely for further dates.

Mar 19, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #351 of 388
Howdy ascherjim! And welcome. Sorry to hear you can't make it, but I'm really glad you found us. When you get some time, take a look in the meet impression threads to see photos of previous meets in Seattle (if you like). I guarantee there will be more meets. In the back of my mind, I think we were considering a June bbq meet, and a Sept meet on the East side, but who knows. The more people that get involved, the more we can do!

Welcome!

Mar 19, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #352 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy ascherjim! And welcome. Sorry to hear you can't make it, but I'm really glad you found us. When you get some time, take a look in the meet impression threads to see photos of previous meets in Seattle (if you like). I guarantee there will be more meets. In the back of my mind, I think we were considering a June bbq meet, and a Sept meet on the East side, but who knows. The more people that get involved, the more we can do!

Welcome!

bhjazz: Thanks for the welcome message. As it turns out, my planned trip to Eastern Washington has been canceled -- so I will be able to make it to the meet after all, which I'm now quite looking forward to. I'll bring my sparse array of gear with me, but especially my Nokia N800. Regards, Jim

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #353 of 388
Jim, all kid/candystore rules apply
wink.gif

How many people plan on attending the aftermeet pizza thang?
(Gil, I know you'll be reply 1...!)

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #354 of 388
You rang?

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #355 of 388
I'm in for the meet, but sorry, it looks like I'm out for the after meet. It seems that this Sat has been designated date night. She's almost (well not really) able to keep from laughing when I try to explain how my new purchases will reduce vibrations and improve sound, so I can't yet quite get away with the after meet qualifying as a date. By the time the next meet comes around I'm hoping we'll both be there. Have a few beers for me though and I'll see you all at the meet.

Mar 20, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #356 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thesrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She's almost (well not really) able to keep from laughing when I try to explain how my new purchases will reduce vibrations and improve sound, so I can't yet quite get away with the after meet qualifying as a date.

Gah! So close.............
Well, she sounds like a keeper. Good job! We'll have lots of time to chat at the meet (well, it's never enough, but it'll be a good start!)

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #357 of 388
Raffle tickets are done. They will look something like this.
tickets.jpg

Although I have included special processing inks during printing so they cannot be duplicated. Counterfit versions quietly dropped into the magic box for the drawing will be immediately recognizable.

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #359 of 388
I have some Joshatdot CMoy PCBs I can Raffle. I am ordering some parts from Digi-Key, hopefully they'll arrive before the meet.

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #360 of 388
I can't make it for the after-meet pizza as I have to leave early (2:00-2:30pm). I have company coming over for dinner. My apologies.

For the raffle, I will be donating a piece of MS software (Vista? Office? Xbox 360 game? I haven't decided yet).

My gear list:

amps
  1. Rockhopper M^3
  2. Nugget Audio Beta22 (this has been sold and will be shipped to the buyer after the meet)
  3. Singlepower MPX3 SE

headphones
  1. Audio Technica ATH-W5000
  2. Audio Technica ATH-AD2000
  3. Grado RS-1

source
  1. old Sony universal for spinning CDs
  2. MSB Link DAC III

Users who are viewing this thread

Back