Seattle Head-Fi Meet...3.22.08
Mar 14, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #316 of 388
Uncle Bob, my wifes uncle is coming to the meet. I call him the closet Head-fier. He is an almost retired commercial journeyman electrician. Yes I have had council on 220v electronics. I just found out 220v maybe better than 110v stuff since it is balanced powered? I may not go back to 110v AC stuff,Really!

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #317 of 388
Gil, you'll be stealing the plug at the clothes dryer in no time!

Wittyz - lots and lots of options for a power conditioner. I demod a Shunyata and ended up buying it. The real trick for demoing these can be surprising. As soon as I thought I had an idea of what I thought it did, I removed it from my system and everything went to hell. Let's chat about it at the meet. I wish I could bring mine but it's just too big and needs to get charged up for a bit before it really shines. I have been watching for a great deal on a Hydra 2 on audiogon recently, specifically for meets...

The right conditioner will lower the noise floor (in various ways, including noise that is on the line) and provide unlimited power. Unfrotunately, there are 1001 ways to accomplish this. Trial and error, some reading, and some listening are your best bet. Of course, finding everything you read about online is impossible (especially in Seattle....).

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #318 of 388
Wittyz- And you are welcome to try my PSAudio Duet power conditioner which I will have there. I found a much greater benefit from upgrading my power cords tehmselves if you haven't done that yet though. I sounds like we should have a few of those there for you to try too.

Biggest bang for the buck was the $30 hi-fi tuning fuse though (really). Maybe if i still have my old stock fuse around we can swap those in and out of my player for some fun.

bhjazz- Any chance you're bringing the Bedini???

Running the burn in cd now as we speak. Gonna go check for results.

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #319 of 388
This seems like the " Meet of the Tweak ". Besides all the cool gear it looks like the cool accessories that make them sing are going to be there. It seems the short time between the last meet and this one my gear has multiplied like rabbits. I looks like I'm bringing a lot of stuff this time. The Figaro seems to like my MS-1's with the new transformer. Recabled my MS-1's since the meet, Got the HD 580's with the Clou Balanced cable and BJC 1/4 adapter, my whole cable stable is BJC since they are minutes from my house, And then the amps,transformer and power cable. I'm sure I'm missing something I got.

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #320 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thesrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wittyz- And you are welcome to try my PSAudio Duet power conditioner which I will have there.

Biggest bang for the buck was the $30 hi-fi tuning fuse though (really). Maybe if i still have my old stock fuse around we can swap those in and out of my player for some fun.

bhjazz- Any chance you're bringing the Bedini???

Verrrry cool. Yes, I'll box up the Bedini. It's the original, early model, but still works pretty well.

hi-fi runing fuses.....so nice. I've heard nothing but good things about them and definitely want to plug some into my big rig (and the one head amp that takes fuses!). Cool!

And Wittyz - definitely take some time to try a "before and after" with the Duet and your own gear. I'll bet you like what you hear!

Mar 15, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #321 of 388
one more week to go!!! w00t

frown.gif
But I'm not ready yet </argh> Decisions, decisions... what gear to bring, what food/snacks to get...

Mar 15, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #323 of 388
Young, we know you are the Costco King. If you need any ideas or help with this just PM me. Got a new cell # since I got married. Costco is at 195th and Aurora FYI. I can help with the cost of food. Just let me know.

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #324 of 388
Actually, everyone will help with the cost of food
biggrin.gif
I know, I'm making it sound like an expensive meet, but it really wont be. If everyone brings a few bucks, they can help with the food, get in on the raffle, and/or donate towards future meets.

BTW, and as usual, if anyone would like to take the food task off of Young, that would be awesome. He has somehow been the primary Costco shopper and I imagine he might want to just show up at the meet with gear in hand instead! If you would like to take this on (and it ain't hard) please come forward.

Young: please pm Mike (motherone). He has already offered to take on pop/water/drinks for the meet.

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #325 of 388
[size=x-large]One Week Left!
[/size]
March 22 is one week from today. The meet we have planned will be the largest we have had in Seattle for quite some time.
25 brave souls will be there, including Head-fi members from Canada and Oregon.
Start boxing up your gear now as we will start at 11am sharp!

Mar 15, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #326 of 388
I ain't boxing nothin' till that morning......
biggrin.gif
I LISTEN to my gear.
tongue.gif
And if I for forget something......... I will just run home and get it
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #327 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ain't boxing nothin' till that morning.....I listen to my ear. I will run

Well you go listen to your gear. Meanwhile, those of us with FULL SIZED components can start planning.........
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #328 of 388
I am right behind you big boys with the big toys. Easing my wife little by little. My Klipsch speakers and Marantz receiver ain't allowed in the house yet. She has not seen the 15' sub. My stereo would consume the whole house in my wifes eyes. Like that is a bad thing
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #329 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Young: please pm Mike (motherone). He has already offered to take on pop/water/drinks for the meet.

Cool! Mike and I will work out something. Surely, the two of us can come up with something a little more creative than Costco (Sam's Club?
biggrin.gif
).

Mar 16, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #330 of 388
Updated the post on the previous page containing the list of goodies I'm bringing to play with. I'll also have the following tweaks for interested parties to play with:

CAIG - PRO GOLD G100L TREATMENT (are your contacts clean? shame on you)

HIGHWIRE - POWERWRAP .56 (seems to me to be the almost unusable tweak. If they help it just means you need new power cords)

MILTY/ZEROSTAT Anti-Static Gun (no it's not just for vinyl)

ERS CLOTH - 8''x11'' SHEET (well it was only $20, was worth a try)

Looking forward to trying out that Bedini! Obviously I'll try anything (everything?). Anyone tried ZSleeves? Would love to hear opinions before I fork over the big $ for them. And I too have been salivating over they Hydra. I just may have to grab the second (third?) one that shows up on Audiogon. Trying to be done with big ticket items though... But then again I'm thinking of upgrading my headphone amp-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back