Seattle Head-Fi Meet...3.22.08
Mar 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #331 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am right behind you big boys with the big toys. She has not seen the 15' sub.

Oh my. Well, it is definitely a long process. Just remember to try to show some kind of benefit for each piece you bring in. Or play some music that she likes. Or teach her how to use it.

I'd like to see this 15 foot sub. Sounds impressive...
eek.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #332 of 388
I have been in audio for about 30 years. This gear is from way before we ever met. I've been around Head-fi for about 5 years and actually stopped trolling almost a couple years ago. I worked at a stereo store when the original sony walkman was new. When Nacamichi had the cool tape player that turned the tape over. Those were fun days.

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #334 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point I still don't know if I will be able to go, it seems like it will go crazy at work, again. Don't be surprised if I don't show up
redface.gif

Bummer....but thanks for the heads up. We really hope to see you there! Just tell them you have a family issue to tend to or a financial planner that you've made an appointment with.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #335 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point I still don't know if I will be able to go, it seems like it will go crazy at work, again. Don't be surprised if I don't show up
redface.gif

nooo kevin!!! screw work!

all I really have to say, lol.

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #336 of 388
Got the PSAudio Punch Power IEC cable for the Figaro today. A beast of a cable for 50 Bux.

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #337 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tell them you have a family issue to tend to or a financial planner that you've made an appointment with.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Just give them the link to this thread, then they'll understand and they'll even skip work themselves and come with you!

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #338 of 388
Paging Young...Paging Young...

I forgot to tell you - your switchbox is done. And it's the Austin Powers-esque sexy beast with the Cardas RCAs. Yeah, baby!

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #340 of 388
Oy. That's three now. Noooo! Mr. Tadashi, as with the others, I am bummed that you can't make it. But I can respect your decision. There will be other meets and I encourage you to try to make one in the future. We look forward to meeting you in the future. Stay tuned!

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #342 of 388
Man, I'm ordering last minute cables from BJC and "Another one bites the dust". Trying to make sure my gear is straight, listening and breaking in my new amp. Somebody drops out. I know, I know, they can't help it. It still bums me out. Got my wife to go out with us that night. Have Little Poppa with aunt and uncle that day and night till the next morning. Yeah this is a BIG DEAL to me. I LOVE these meets. Hopefully next time somebody does not have to drop out. Said my peace, my rant is over.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #343 of 388
So far I think we're still okie dokie. Don't forget our last-minute meet in January with five of us. They're all different. Plus, I am counting on what has happened before: we lose a few people, and a few extras show up without posting.

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #344 of 388
And speaking of new people showing up, I have confirmed an extra special one tonight. Head-Fi's newest sponsor is in Seattle, and he's coming to the 3/22 meet!

Cosmo Harrigan of [size=medium]Streamline Audio Video [/size]will be bringing an assortment of Shure IEMs to our meet on Saturday. I have been talking with Cosmo for a few weeks and can definitely say he is a great guy who is very interested in seeing what a headphone meet is all about. Please welcome him to our corner of the headphone universe.

Special request: If anyone has extra gear available (source, amp) I would like to offer it to Cosmo for the afternoon. Anything from a source+amp to just an iPod would be most welcome.

Thanks, and Welcome Streamline Audio Video!

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #345 of 388
Would you like the Figaro for a while? I will be there prompt like I am always???? Let me know.... May have an extra CD player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back