Searching for Gym IEMs for <$50
May 6, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #16 of 34
E30 is very good as a sub$50 pair of IEM. I really like it so far. However there is also the EH11, which has ear clip and is designed for sport. It is a little more expensive then E30 though, but still excellent sounding for the asking price.

EH11-01.jpg

May 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #18 of 34
Take a look at Sennheiser's 680 sports line.

• They are water resistant and sweat proof. (washable under running water)
  • They have a Kevlar cable with a well-relieved L-shaped jack, 
  • They have the bass emphasis you're looking for.

...but, they don't deliver the best sound in their price range in the entire pantheon of IEM/Earbuds under $50.

But if you want something durable and don't need too much isolation, these are great.

You can find all of the different variations (mx680-earbud, cx680-in-ear, pmx680-wrap around, omx680-earclip) for around $30-$60 online.

And if you just want something cheap, the M6 others recommended are indeed great for rap/hiphop, but you'd probably kill a few pairs with your sweat. Then again they're $10-$15 when they go on sale, so you could probably afford to kill a few.

Quote:
Hey guys,

I realize this may have come up fairly often, but I'm looking for a decent IEM for under $50 that I can take to the gym. Preferably that budget or lower because I don't really want to take anything more expensive to the gym, where I'll sweat all over it. Here's a few of my preferences:

- L-shaped plug
- Strong bass (I listen to mainly Rap/Hip-Hop in the gym)
- Virtually no microphonics (wearing over-the-ear)
- Works well with foam tips (I prefer foam tips over silicon)

Thanks!

May 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #19 of 34
M6, man those EH11s look pretty good though

May 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #20 of 34
Man all this sounds really tempting..... ClieOS did SoundMagic provide you with a MSRP? I noticed that they've given one for the P30, and I'm just curious to see what the price for these would be (I know it's gonna fall in the sub $50 range).

Think I'm gonna go with the E30's, looking forward to your review!

May 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #21 of 34
Actually I talked to one of the sales reps of SoundMagic (I live in China), and the E30 is set to be officially released near the end of the month (so I'd say about 2-3 weeks time). The retail price should be around $35 (it will be priced at 230 RMB in China).

I think I'll wait it out for these, I'm looking forward to hearing fantastic things in the review!

May 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #22 of 34

Quote:
Looking good - I'm actually very curious about these, when can we expect a review from you?

Probably close to end of the month. But as a small preview - lets put it this way, the new SoundMAGIC is a major improvement over the old models.over the same price range.

Quote:
Man all this sounds really tempting..... ClieOS did SoundMagic provide you with a MSRP? I noticed that they've given one for the P30, and I'm just curious to see what the price for these would be (I know it's gonna fall in the sub $50 range).

Think I'm gonna go with the E30's, looking forward to your review!

EH11 should be around $50. E10 and E30 are both around $30~40. P30 is around $75.

May 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #24 of 34

Quote:
Probably close to end of the month. But as a small preview - lets put it this way, the new SoundMAGIC is a major improvement over the old models.over the same price range.

EH11 should be around $50. E10 and E30 are both around $30~40. P30 is around $75.

Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing good things about the E30, already excited for it's release! Their old models were already pretty nice (especially comfort-wise), it's nice to hear they're making improvements.

May 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #25 of 34

Quote:
look gooood! but... iem?? isnt it half-iem??
are they water proof??

No water proof, but hopefully your ear canal doesn't sweat much inside
tongue.gif

May 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #27 of 34
Awesome, so soundmagic's still staying competitive as ever?  Their lineup has been getting pretty old lately, all of their competitors have come out with so many new products.

May 8, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #28 of 34

Quote:
Awesome, so soundmagic's still staying competitive as ever?  Their lineup has been getting pretty old lately, all of their competitors have come out with so many new products.

I agree, but that's only going to show how SoundMagic's older models can somewhat keep up with competitor's newer models..... I've yet to find anything that beats the comfort of the PL50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back