SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Apr 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 7
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're 
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not 
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530. 
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb. 
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed. 
Both sound great. 

If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
and hello, I've spoken to you before. Just realized! hahah

biggrin.gif
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 7
^^^

I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.

I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping :D) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back