SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
Aug 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 590
Hmmm, I may give this a shot with my SE425s. Ever since discovering Audio-Technica IEMs they've just been sitting in a drawer, as I don't find them terribly exciting (at least in stock form).

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #18 of 590
The filter on the SE425 is too inside, at the very end of the duct, must be pretty hard to take it off. Also, on the SE535 the filter is glued, not sure how fixed the new ones will be without the glue, what if one of this filters slip inside your ears? 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 590
Quote:
The filter on the SE425 is too inside, at the very end of the duct, must be pretty hard to take it off. Also, on the SE535 the filter is glued, not sure how fixed the new ones will be without the glue, what if one of this filters slip inside your ears? 
ksc75smile.gif

They have a little grip inside the nozzle, so they don't really fall off. I don't think the stock filter is glued either. It's just held tight by a locking mechanism in the nozzle. It will just pop in, and stay in, unless you force it out.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 590
Quote:
They have a little grip inside the nozzle, so they don't really fall off. I don't think the stock filter is glued either. It's just held tight by a locking mechanism in the nozzle. It will just pop in, and stay in, unless you force it out.

Maybe, mine have this glue marks.

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #21 of 590
Quote:
The filter on the SE425 is too inside, at the very end of the duct, must be pretty hard to take it off.

I just pulled my SE425's out and found something interesting -- there appear to be no filters in there at all. At the very bottom of the tube is something that looks like it could be a filter, but if you hold a clear 425 up to the light and look down the tube, you can see right through it to the inside of the casing. I think it's actually just a wax screen, especially since I (eek!) accidentally tore a part of it while trying to extract one.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #22 of 590
Quote:

I just pulled my SE425's out and found something interesting -- there appear to be no filters in there at all. At the very bottom of the tube is something that looks like it could be a filter, but if you hold a clear 425 up to the light and look down the tube, you can see right through it to the inside of the casing. I think it's actually just a wax screen, especially since I (eek!) accidentally tore a part of it while trying to extract one.

You're probably right, even so, if you manage to take it off, you could stuck one of these filters just like on the SE535 and see how it sounds like.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #24 of 590
Quote:
Hmm. Maybe you are right. But once you get a new filter in there, it stays there well. I did some drop tests, and it endured really well. In fact, it didn't fall off even after a 2m drop into a carpet and 30cm drop on to hard surface.

I was trying to gentle push the damper and he moves a little inside the duct, that part that appears to be glued on the photos are actually the dumper perfectly touching the wall. So yeah, theres a fit inside the duct.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #27 of 590
Hate to be a pest, but do you know the size for the TF10's or a resource for finding that info? I'm getting a reshell done, and it might be fun to upgrade the dampers beforehand. Thanks!

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #30 of 590
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster :)
I've got a standard set of 535's and just about to put in an order for the dampers on mouser. Had a question the 680ohm (white) damper is a "screen" termination. whilst all the others are plug? Can both types be used on the 535's? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back