SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
Jan 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #346 of 590
i think the best way is using the Etymotic filter removing tool ... it works great 

Where do I get this?

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #351 of 590
got the dampers and the removal tool from etymotic - how do I go about switching them without damaging?
+ i read somewhere the dampers also fit the ue900- anyone knows if this is true?
found this clip on youtube on how to change the dampers but it's a bit shady - why does he use a screwdriver to remove the original damper?
Thanks

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #352 of 590
have you tried to remove the original filter with the Etymotic tool? he uses that screwdriver looking thing to get the original filter up enough to use a needle to pull it out however i dont know if that would ve a reuseable to deal im my opinion no probably not. if you want to reuse the original onses which i assume you do you are going to need to go about a different route one that has a little bit more finesse. trial and error look at the nozzle see how you would go about getting thefilter out the best way you can, everyone has a different way, and then try it, thats my best advice

as far as the ue900. i dont know.

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #357 of 590
NO FILTER. These damned things. I spent like 2 hours just trying to remove the stock filter. 
Sounds pretty good without any filter to be honest.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #358 of 590
  NO FILTER. These damned things. I spent like 2 hours just trying to remove the stock filter. 
Sounds pretty good without any filter to be honest.

Ugh. Debris in BA=hell. BAs are really sensitive, so I would put something in there, like an acoustically transparent mesh or something to prevent things from going into the drivers.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #359 of 590
  Ugh. Debris in BA=hell. BAs are really sensitive, so I would put something in there, like an acoustically transparent mesh or something to prevent things from going into the drivers.

Yeah I just left it alone. Stuck brand new brown filters in. :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #360 of 590
Great find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back