SchiitShow 2015 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #46 of 437
I ordered the Mjolnir 2 with the LISTT only. It will be interesting to run some Amperex Orange Globes though. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #47 of 437

Congrats and lucky you!

I was really hoping Schiit would announce the multibit Bifrost. Looks like my wallet can be happy this round.

That's more in my current wallet's ballpark too. I'm pretty sure it's coming but who knows when. Better be nice, not naughty for the rest of the year :wink: It's smart business for them to trickle down one tier at a time from the top.

I'm pretty impressed with LISST. As they say it's not a unique idea, but the execution and convenience is great. Makes amps down to Lyr very interesting for a tube-sceptic-but-curious types like me. I foresee epic board battles discussions. These can become the standard for comparing SS and tubes. More buzz for the company. Smart engineering and smart business.

I've upgraded my penny jar to a 5 gallon bucket.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #48 of 437

That's more in my current wallet's ballpark too. I'm pretty sure it's coming but who knows when. Better be nice, not naughty for the rest of the year :wink: It's smart business for them to trickle down one tier at a time from the top.

I'm pretty impressed with LISST. As they say it's not a unique idea, but the execution and convenience is great. Makes amps down to Lyr very interesting for a tube-sceptic-but-curious types like me. I foresee epic board battles discussions. These can become the standard for comparing SS and tubes. More buzz for the company. Smart engineering and smart business.

I've upgraded my penny jar to a 5 gallon bucket.

Agreed. One thing with the Lyr that I've missed (when I had it in the past) is some solid state dynamics. What an awesome idea. I just hope they executed it well. IE., will it sound any worse then getting natively solid state amp?

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #49 of 437
My wallet survived this Schiit storm.  Some nice stuff though, waiting for Gungnir Multibit with USB gen3 before considering.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #50 of 437
So i get the feeling many of us were let down in the sense that we were expecting more... Not just a tube accessory, an upgrade and stuff

LOL at the poster vaunting many new revolutionary products

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #51 of 437
  My wallet survived this Schiit storm.  Some nice stuff though, waiting for Gungnir Multibit with USB gen3 before considering.

I'm hoping the USB Gen 3 is a DIYable upgrade down the line (i.e. doesn't require firmware changes). Then it would be more cost effective and less hassle.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #52 of 437
Has anyone heard if the Gungnir 2 is just as iPad friendly as the original?

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #53 of 437
So i get the feeling many of us were let down in the sense that we were expecting more... Not just a tube upgrade and stuff

I was pretty much expecting exactly what happened, and (provided they sound good and work properly) the Gungnir Multibit upgrade and Mjolnir 2 amp are pretty much the perfect combination for my needs. I'm definitely not disappointed, though I can see how the folks with different needs or different existing gear might not have much to be excited about.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #54 of 437

I'm hoping the USB Gen 3 is a DIYable upgrade down the line (i.e. doesn't require firmware changes). Then it would be more cost effective and less hassle.

Me too. The website does say USB upgradeable via plug in module.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #55 of 437
  Has anyone heard if the Gungnir 2 is just as iPad friendly as the original?

It's not actually "Gungnir 2," it's just an upgrade to Gungnir that gives it multibit DAC capability. It's uses same USB board as the "original" Gungnir, so I don't see why it would work differently with the iPad.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #57 of 437
So everything has been announced? Shame, was expecting multibit Bifrost.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #58 of 437

And that leaves three mysteries.

Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 2. I’ve said I’ve been working on a new balanced topology, and that will be incorporated into one of the planned mystery products. It does not replace anything we’re currently selling, but it does take us in some surprising new directions. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

And, of course, there are a couple of wild cards, too…we’ll see what happens with those as we get further along in development.

Mystery 1: LISST tubes

Mystery 2: Tube/SS circlotron balanced architecture found in Mjolnir 2

Mystery 3: ???????

Still waiting for #3... 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #60 of 437
  The prototype that was listened too at the Boulder CO mini meet a few weeks ago was acting up with Mac's and sounding slightly off, according to the attendees. I believe it was expected to be released, but delayed to iron out the wrinkles...

Oh, cool! The important thing is that it's on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back