SchiitShow 2015 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 437

On Saturday - August 15th, 2015 - over a hundred lucky Head-Fiers descended upon SchiitShow 2015 at the Hotel MDR in Marina del Rey, California.

They were among the first to experience the first production units of three new and amazing products from Schiit, and a brand new headphone from MrSpeakers.  And though 2015 marks only the inaugural year for of SchiitShow, it was by all accounts a fantastic time for all!  
smile.gif

Those who heard and fell in love with the Gungnir MultiBit, Mjolnir 2, LISST "Tubes" and ETHER C have already begun placing their orders... and quite a few have received their units already.  As those lucky owners begin to post their impressions of that awesome new gear in dedicated impressions threads, we should take a moment and remember that...

the magic of SchiitShow 2015 is not yet over!  
basshead.gif

Of the many giveaways that Schiit generously sponsored at SchiitShow 2015, one remains open:  the Post-Your-Impressions contest!  That's right, even if you didn't win anything at the show, you still have a chance to try your luck (or exercise your writing skills rather) and win something cool... something über cool... like a Modi/Magni Uber Stack!  
eek.gif

All you have to do is write up your impressions of the show, or your listening experiences with the new Schiit gear, and post them in this thread no later than 11:59p Pacific Time on Friday, August 21st, 2015.  I will pick the winner based on whichever post best captures the spirit of the show, or the emotive power of the gear, or even just something hilariously funny (but relevant obviously)!  And no, contributions to my PayPal account won't improve your chances.

So keep them impressions coming' fellas.  We've got one more set of prizes to award.  Someone is going to win it - it might as well be you right?

I'd like to give my utmost thanks to Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat for giving me the chance to work on this inaugural SchiitShow.  I had a blast, and hope we can do it again sometime soon!
beerchug.gif

Thanks to Tony, David, Daniel and everyone else at Schiit for welcoming me to the team, even if only for a few short days.  Everybody worked their tails off to make it a fantastic event, and I'm proud to have done my part alongside y'all.  
cool.gif

Of course, thanks to Dan Clark and Peter Ryan of MrSpeakers, who joined in at the proverbial last minute to thrill us with the new ETHER C, which has come so far since the Dreadnaught days.  
smile_phones.gif

Special thanks to all of my friends in the audio press who came to hang out with us, even if there was a major audio show elsewhere in California on the same day:  Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org), Chris Martens (Hi-Fi+), Chris Connaker (ComputerAudiophile.com), Brian Hunter and Dan Browdy (Audio-Head.com), Dave and Carol Clark with Steve Lefkowicz and Dean Seislove (Positive Feedback), and of course Mike Mercer (Occupy Hi-Fi).  
smile.gif

And saving the best for last, I want to give special thanks to Denise Martin at Schiit/Centric for being absolutely awesome in every way.  Denise, my dear Denise, mon petit fleur, my partner in crime... look as what our little show has become.  So looking forward to doing this next year!  And if I am ever and actually "the Schiit" - it is only because of you!  
redface.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 437
Let's get this Schiit started already! 

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 437

+1 yes start the show that will lead to the draining of my wallet, like a spider does a succulent bug lol.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 437

+1 yes start the show that will lead to the draining of my wallet, like a spider does a succulent bug lol.

I think I am already on the hook for a Gungnir upgrade. Yggy in the main system, multibit Gungnir in the BR system- now we're talking some Schiit!

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 437
I think I am already on the hook for a Gungnir upgrade. Yggy in the main system, multibit Gungnir in the BR system- now we're talking some Schiit!

Yes a multibit Gungnir for my lc and perhaps a mjolnir, if tube based. My wallet does not have a chance in hades. Lol:)

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #8 of 437
  The show should have started 22 minutes ago! (at the time of this post) Where's all the info!? :p 

They must be busy dining in... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 437
Aug 15, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #11 of 437
Sure thing!
I've also been frantically refreshing. The teaser photos in the Ether C thread were tantalizing but I want Moar. At least we know Jason isn't dressed like Steve jobs!

(Sorry for typos)

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #12 of 437
Does anyone who is at the show know when the products will be available for purchase on Schiit's website? Would save some of us a lot of time sitting at the computer and waiting. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back