SchiitShow 2015 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #31 of 437
  So basically this was embargoed until today so Computer Audiophile and other outlets could make the announcement. In return for positive reviews no doubt.

And Schiit pretends to be a "different" sort of company.

Oy!

They are a small company with limited staff.
They are focusing on their live event at the moment and probably have virtually all hands on deck there
They took a demo unit to an event and some third party took a picture of it and unthinkingly posted it in advance of their own roll out

Nothing conspiratorial to see here.  Move along...  All will be revealed to us not present physically in due course.

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #32 of 437
@AlreadyUsed
Neither, really. Embargoing media/insiders is a common thing for announcements. If you note the time on the post in that forum, it's after the Schiit event started. Like someone at the show posting here [stares hopefully in the direction of LA]. Schiit Audio is a great company with great, well, schiit.

(By the way, if I violated site etiquette by cross-posting that link, I'm sorry.)

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 437
Mjolnir 2 is up and ordered!

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #36 of 437
Darn, no upgrade yet for the Bifrost!!!

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #37 of 437
woo hoo!  thanks @jinque for the heads up about Schiit site being updated...been watching it closely all day.   Its great to see the official word on the new products!!!!

The LISST offering is the one ive been waiting to hear more about.   Gotta say i dig it.  As a Lyr owner i, like many others, am wholeheartedly interested in its tube sound and the occasional tube rolling when budgets allow.  That being said,  having an option like LISST (basically a plug-in option to turn Lyr/Lyr2 into Solid State),  sounds great as either a backup or a fun "compare and contrast" exercise.

Congrats Jason @ Schiit Crew on the new launches.   Best wishes to you all!    (Oh, and disregard some of the more pissy comments in this thread, alot are just folks overly eager to hear the news and a few are from trolls). 

Peace .n. Living in Stereo

3ToF

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #38 of 437
Does the Mjolnir 2 automatically turn off the preamp outs when you plug a headphone in? I don't seem to see a switch for controlling the outputs. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #39 of 437
Question, do you think I still need the Wyrd or does the Gungnir USB have that sorta built in? Without it in the past, I did see some USB dropouts or occasional noise, which the Wyrd has cleaned up for me nicely. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #40 of 437
  Question, do you think I still need the Wyrd or does the Gungnir USB have that sorta built in? Without it in the past, I did see some USB dropouts or occasional noise, which the Wyrd has cleaned up for me nicely. 

Wyrd improves Gungnir for me, and in the Schiit Happened thread, Jason said he uses Wyrd with Gungnir, too. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #42 of 437

Wyrd improves Gungnir for me, and in the Schiit Happened thread, Jason said he uses Wyrd with Gungnir, too. 

Cool. Yeah, since I'm running a sorta longish USB cable from the Mac, keeping the Wyrd is probably smart. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #45 of 437

Congrats and lucky you!

I was really hoping Schiit would announce the multibit Bifrost. Looks like my wallet can be happy this round.

Can't wait to receive these. My wallet is hurting though at least in comparison to the Ragnorak and Yggrasil these are a relative bargain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back