SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything
Aug 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #46 of 147
^ Good to know

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #47 of 147
  Eh, whatever it is, I'll probably have to pass. Schiit has no proper dealers in the UK, only that Electromod-run site which is always out of stock of most things. A shame, some of it looks like stinkingly nice stuff, and decent bang for buck. However, the hassle of possible international returns? It takes the shine off somewhat.

I sent them a email about bimby stock & told me they were on holiday. A reason why they are out of stock i guess, thought they told me they should be getting stock by the end of the week which might show up next week so just wait a bit i guess.

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #48 of 147

I sent them a email about bimby stock & told me they were on holiday. A reason why they are out of stock i guess, thought they told me they should be getting stock by the end of the week which might show up next week so just wait a bit i guess.

Interesting... The Bimby has disappeared off their Canadian dealers site as well.

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #49 of 147

Possibly doesn't explain why almost everything has been out of stock every time I have looked at that site, though.  Hell of a holiday.

I mailed Schiit, to ask if there were any other UK dealers, maybe capable of supplying actual product, and they told me that the only other option in "the region" was some place in the Netherlands- who obviously don't supply things with the UK PSUs. That means ordering a unit from .nl, and getting the PSU from the UK site, as that seems to be one of the few items that they do stock.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but it gives you options, maybe.

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 147

Interesting... The Bimby has disappeared off their Canadian dealers site as well.

I was looking at another schiit thread & it was mentioned by someone that they don't have enough material for the casework i think which is affecting more than one product.

Possibly doesn't explain why almost everything has been out of stock every time I have looked at that site, though.  Hell of a holiday.

I mailed Schiit, to ask if there were any other UK dealers, maybe capable of supplying actual product, and they told me that the only other option in "the region" was some place in the Netherlands- who obviously don't supply things with the UK PSUs. That means ordering a unit from .nl, and getting the PSU from the UK site, as that seems to be one of the few items that they do stock.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but it gives you options, maybe.

I'm not sure about the uk psu thing, but i think they may mean the plug type. Netherlands use 2 pin plug i think, while the uk use 3 pins so i guess you could purchased your own plug. The voltage should be fine to use in the uk.

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 147

I'm not sure about the uk psu thing, but i think they may mean the plug type. Netherlands use 2 pin plug i think, while the uk use 3 pins so i guess you could purchased your own plug. The voltage should be fine to use in the uk.

Yes. "Goes into a UK socket" is usually the first thing that I expect, in a wallwart. That's what it is, a wallwart:

You could plug it in via an euro to UK guest adaptor (I have one in a drawer), but that is a bit clumsy. Too bad that it's not a decent PSU, with a trailing plug, or a figure 8/IEC socket arrangement, as it'd be no bother thing. As it is, especially since it's an AC out part, I'd be inclined to get the official part.

I really dislike wallwarts.

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #53 of 147
I'm hoping for a new mid/high-end solid state amp.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #55 of 147
  It’s time to go beyond “2s” and “3s” and “Ubers.”

Interested? RSVP below for your space at SchiitShow 2!

:wink:

Joking aside. I'm interested to see what Schiit has planed to revolutionize desktop audio. They've got DACs and amps already, and I can think of a few categories where they could expand but I haven't the foggiest as to where they'd logically go next. It's going to make an entire category of products look "last decade." CD player?

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #56 of 147

:wink:

Joking aside. I'm interested to see what Schiit has planed to revolutionize desktop audio. They've got DACs and amps already, and I can think of a few categories where they could expand but I haven't the foggiest as to where they'd logically go next. It's going to make an entire category of products look "last decade." CD player?

It would be nice!  Also, I hope Jason and Company brings some stock of his "2s", "3s", and Multibits.  I need to pick up a couple things to restore my desktop sound system...
Mjolnir 2, Gungnir Multibit...unless those are going to be replaced (I doubt the Gungnir)... 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and can't wait!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #59 of 147
  Less than 24 HOURS!!!

Due to some unforeseen BullSchiit that came up, I had to cancel my flight, so I unfortunately will not be attending now....  (Hopefully Schiit will attend RMAF in October...?)

Also hoping that someone will be kind enough to live-post updates for us poor saps who are stuck outside California tomorrow.

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back