SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything
Jul 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #16 of 147
Wish I could go 
mad.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #22 of 147
My thought is a digital amplifier of some type.... They can name it Thrudheim

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #23 of 147
Maybe they're making an Yggdrasil/Ragnarok hybrid/combo? :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #24 of 147
My bet goes on something like Squeezbox kind of thing, something where you can buffer tracks or such.
Fully electronic so no DAC.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #28 of 147
For those of us forced to endure the indignity of taking the bus each weekday morning and evening, there can really only be one 'game changer'.

Tyll claims the Focal Elear felt like it was going to cause one of his eyes to pop out - I look forward to confirmation that Schiit is prepared to take that one step further and make other people's eyes pop clean out of their sockets. Enjoy the show.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #29 of 147

Personally, I would be hesitant to buy anything that's not a transducer before Aug 27...just in case.

Stupid question, but do you think if I was looking to get into this scene by getting the Magni 2 U / Modi 2 U, is there any point to waiting to see what they announce or is this more than likely going to be some high-end, expensive stuff they are talking about.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #30 of 147

Stupid question, but do you think if I was looking to get into this scene by getting the Magni 2 U / Modi 2 U, is there any point to waiting to see what they announce or is this more than likely going to be some high-end, expensive stuff they are talking about.

Well...it's all pure speculation of course, but I would be very surprised if the new announcement is something that's in same price range as the Magni/Modi stack. My guess is that whatever it is will fall in the mid to high part of their product range.

That said, if you can possibly wait another month, I would. Kind of like how you usually want to avoid buying an Apple product the week before their next Keynote event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back