Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #5,626 of 12,283
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #5,627 of 12,283
I have a DH Labs D-110 AES cable that I'll sell for cheap if anyone wants a decent cable for short $$.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #5,628 of 12,283
How are they modded?!
I replaced the stock Neutrik connectors with rhodium Oyaide Focus 1 connectors.
This mod is not for the inexperienced DIY'r as the stock connectors are partially filled with potting compound.
And of course this will completely void the warranty.

JJ

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #5,629 of 12,283
Comparison between Eitr (170hr) and G5 USB (30hr) with Yggy:

Installed G5 usb on 24th Aug into Yggy and using Eitr from 26th Jul.
Tested Eitr with Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB 2.0 and IXOS XHD258 Coaxial Cable
Tested G5 USB with Neotech NEUB-1020 OCC silver USB 2.0

Using "Is She With You - Batman vs Superman" for details.
using "Tamashi no Refrain (Neon Genesis Evangelion Theatrical Version)" for soundstage and tone.

G5 is more detailed but harsher causing fatigue.
G5 has smaller soundstage. Height is smaller. Width is about the same. Depth is smaller.
Both have the same tone.

Overall prefer Eitr for smoothness. Will report if there are changes after longer listening hours for G5.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #5,630 of 12,283
It was directed to whoever owns the Yggy and uses a balanced connection to the the amp,
It is your choice to use single ended and not balanced? Or is it your amp?

My Linear Tube Microzotl 2+ pre/head amp and Z10 power amp only have single ended inputs but I actually use the XLR outputs of the YGGY with a cable the converts to RCA.

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #5,631 of 12,283

using "Tamashi no Refrain (Neon Genesis Evangelion Theatrical Version)" for soundstage and tone.

G5 has smaller soundstage. Height is smaller. Width is about the same. Depth is smaller.
Both have the same tone.

Overall prefer Eitr for smoothness. Will report if there are changes after longer listening hours for G5.

I have already significantly invested in improving the USB signal as I own a network player with USB out (sOTM sMS-200) and I just placed an order for the tX-USBultra (USB decrapifier).
So I think I will stay with the USB, I doubt I want to spend another 179$+ on the Eitr...

EDIT: sorry I did a mess with the multi-quote tool!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #5,632 of 12,283

Both have the same tone.

So, You have installed the G5 and at the same time you use the Eitr on Yggy? Just want to make sure I understand this. I have Gen 5 installed in my Yggy, but unfortunately I installed new speakers too. Noticed a bit of brigntness, but not sure where is was coming from.. Thanks for the review. Looking forward to see what happends after you put some time on the Gen 5.

Nevermind I forgot the Eithr uses a different imput to Yggy

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #5,634 of 12,283
Aug 29, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #5,635 of 12,283
Thanks, I am in fact very happy with my Liquid Carbon so I will give it a chance with the Yggy.

I am also considering the Ragnarok even though I'm not sure about its headphone section performance. Maybe I'd better invest the same money on a dedicated headphone amp?
How about ygg with violectric v281. Demoed twice and it was stellar with hd800

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back