Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Mar 26, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #4,501 of 12,398
UnDaes is $599 from FullCompass.com. AIOP via AES to Yggy just "feels better" to me than USB although I can't hear any major difference as I wrote in a previous post. There's a greater sense of calm and relaxation I find from AOIP although I can't explain it at all.

My initial Schiit Gumby mono bit and Mojo have moved to my office desk at work and play through Airmotiv 5s. Great sounding system, but Yggy/Rag swamp it.

Yggy is everything everyone raves about. I hear stuff on albums I've played for years that I never knew was there. Lack of Yggy in my new system is what's triggering my audio nervosa. That nervosa will likely win out one day causing me to build the Schiit Dream system I mentioned above.

I wouldve got it if I didnt have to manually change the sampling rate

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #4,502 of 12,398
I find mine just warm to the touch and I leave it on all the time. Just coming out of winter and here and I keep my room temp at 68 degrees all winter and 74 degrees all summer. Yesterday was a warmer than usual day here for this time of year and so was my Yggy ( and other Schiit). I think ambient room temperature has a bearing on whether the case will feel warmer or cooler. Cooler room air temps dissipate heat quicker?
Yeah, that sounds right. Just doesn't match up with the owners manual and others stating how warm/hot it gets. Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with a lukewarm Yggy.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,503 of 12,398
Which usb-cable A > B are you guys using? I kinda need a 3-m version :p

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #4,504 of 12,398
Hey Guys,
Some of you are running Oppos to Yggys.
Thinking of running Oppo 95 to Yggdrasil to WA5.
Can anyone tell me how the sound signature would compare to just Oppo to WA5?
Thanks.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #4,505 of 12,398
  Which usb-cable A > B are you guys using? I kinda need a 3-m version :p

3 m is bit long... I was using a Wireworld Ultraviolet with 2 m, needed the longer cable in another DAC and bought a QED Reference with 1 m, hard to say but the bass seems better defined with the QED. Both should be OK for 3 m, the QED has a ferrite jacket but it is much stiffer than the Wireworld.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #4,506 of 12,398
Do all the inputs burn-in around the same time? Or do they each happen on their own from a certain amout of use?

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,507 of 12,398
  Hey Guys,
Some of you are running Oppos to Yggys.
Thinking of running Oppo 95 to Yggdrasil to WA5.
Can anyone tell me how the sound signature would compare to just Oppo to WA5?
Thanks.

It would be quite good, Oppo direct into WA5, but not as good as Yggy. This is particularly true for music.

Less true for movies, where I could easily recommend to keep the Oppo. But for music, once you hear it, there is something quite magical about the Yggy.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #4,508 of 12,398
I guess I'll find out.
Just bought a Yggy. 
Plan on using the Oppo as the source for now.
I hope everything I read about it is true!  :)

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #4,509 of 12,398
  3 m is bit long... I was using a Wireworld Ultraviolet with 2 m, needed the longer cable in another DAC and bought a QED Reference with 1 m, hard to say but the bass seems better defined with the QED. Both should be OK for 3 m, the QED has a ferrite jacket but it is much stiffer than the Wireworld.

I know it is kinda long. Other option will be to move the dac/amp a bit closer (temporally) till I got the budget to buy a AES interface (with short usb cable and a bit longer XLR cable to  reach the dac).
I have a Audioquest Forest laying around here of 1.5m. Eventually the amp/dac needs to move to the edge of the desk for the Adam S2V's. 
PC left > Speaker > 34 inch monitor >Speaker > DAC/AMP (I kinda need 2.5m or something).

Does something know if the Singxer SU-1 Singer SU-1 comes with a Europlug? I know it is a Transformer 110/230v?

nevermind it seems I could select 230v on their official website.  

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #4,510 of 12,398
  I guess I'll find out.
Just bought a Yggy. 
Plan on using the Oppo as the source for now.
I hope everything I read about it is true!  :)

Awesome, congrats on taking the plunge. I jumped from the WA7 to the Yggy and that was pretty insane. This was also straight out of the box. But as you have most likely read, it gets much better :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #4,511 of 12,398
Still waiting on my Yggy repair from Schiit...

Hoping to get it this week...

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #4,512 of 12,398

If Schitt repaired your Yggdrasil as a good will under the warranty, then I have gained even more respect for them. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,513 of 12,398

Let us know how it goes.   Just got my Yggy last week and got over 130+ continuous hours on her.   I think any new audio component needs at least 100 hours to become One with the rest of your system!

I haver heard Piano...and just yesterday heard Baritone Sax that sound so real I get goose bumps listening!    I didn't want to believe that ESS Sabre DAC exhibited Glare...But upon hearing what the Yggy can do, Yes the Sabre 9018 chip is harsh compared to the R2R DAC of the Yggy! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back