Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
May 19, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,491 of 12,319
This really pisses me off.

I've sent multiple emails Into Schiit over the past year inquiring about a black Yggy or simply a black cover to DIY change out.

**** 'em.

their system to inform folks leaves much to be desired. Though I am very thankful to snag one. I couldn't emphasize to them enough how incredulous I was that their 'best' advice was to check the flippen w/s everyday.. I mean... come on.. really? I got lucky. I understand your frustration.

May 19, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #2,492 of 12,319
That's actually quite annoying. I'm glad you told me as I've been sitting here wasting my time for months thinking it would be on the website as it was in the past. I would literally buy it today if I saw it listed. Not happy but I guess if they only had a handful it's not surprising they reached out to those already showing interest.

I do want to say grats on snagging the set. I imagine it looks incredible. Could we trouble you for a couple of pics?

My phone is not good for pix. Waiting on my KGSSHV Carbon to be built. It will sit on the top and my setup will be complete.. well.. for now at least. My wallet hurts!
basshead.gif

May 20, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #2,493 of 12,319
I can sympathize a little bit with people who wanted a rare black and missed the chance or feel slighted. However I'm surprised at the reaction. At the end of the day isn't this about how something sounds and trying to get the best sound out of your setup? I kept reading about how amazing the Yggy sounds so I ordered one this week. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. If you want one and you like how it sounds, what it looks like is an after thought. If how it looks is more important than why bother? Just get something that comes in a prettier case. My $0.02 anyways. 1st world problems. Just think about how fortunate your life is if this is the biggest thing you got going on. Just turn out the lights and get lost in the sound.

May 20, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #2,496 of 12,319
I suggested to Jason he add black to the lineup for products, but if I understand correctly (I'm sure he mentioned it in Schiit Happened) it will add more hassle to have double the SKUs for each product, especially when they've been short of space and been barely able to keep up with current product demand as it is. 

May 20, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #2,497 of 12,319
  I suggested to Jason he add black to the lineup for products, but if I understand correctly (I'm sure he mentioned it in Schiit Happened) it will add more hassle to have double the SKUs for each product, especially when they've been short of space and been barely able to keep up with current product demand as it is. 

Sometimes you just gotta listen to your customer base though... isn't a little hassle worth having more happy customers.

Which is after all what Schiit pride themselves on.... and is what leads to better reputation and over all sales..

May 20, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #2,498 of 12,319
  ......... If you want one and you like how it sounds, what it looks like is an after thought. If how it looks is more important than why bother?........ 

+1
I actually got a black Yggy but would have preferred silver!
confused_face_2.gif

However, I'm not losing any sleep over it -life's too short to worry about that sort of Schiit - just loving the sound.

May 20, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #2,499 of 12,319
  +1
I actually got a black Yggy but would have preferred silver!
confused_face_2.gif

However, I'm not losing any sleep over it -life's too short to worry about that sort of Schiit - just loving the sound.

Isn't that a great arbitrage opportunity given the intense demand for the black ones? 
wink_face.gif

May 20, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #2,500 of 12,319
  Isn't that a great arbitrage opportunity given the intense demand for the black ones? 
wink_face.gif

Perhaps 
biggrin.gif
 - selling off the Yggy is the last thing on my mind though.

May 20, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,501 of 12,319
Perhaps :D  - selling off the Yggy is the last thing on my mind though.
I was thinking you could swap it for silver Y + goodies with one of those people desperately seeking a black one.:smiling_imp:

May 20, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #2,502 of 12,319
We're going OT here, but if they can barely keep the silver in stock, adding black will NOT make more customers happy. If anything, they've managed to balance it by selling more units that would otherwise be delayed because of imperfect chassis, by taking those imperfect ones and having them anodised black. If they can increase production enough to allow for having two colours, that'd be great, of course.

May 20, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #2,503 of 12,319
They tried offering black before and then ended up stuck with stock that didn't sell. And yes, there was the same kind of interest expressed on the website as we see right now, but they still couldn't sell them all.

May 20, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #2,504 of 12,319
Well a week ago I decided to place the order on a yggy cause the website said 2 to 3 week delivery. I was going on a 10 day business trip so I hoped that would cut down my anticipation. But imagine my surprise when the next day I get an email saying it is shipped and here is the tracking number.
My wife received it and it is waiting for me at home! I ordered silver but I don't really care about color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back