Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
May 19, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,476 of 12,398
Doh! I missed a black Yiggy?!? Oh well, got to get through paying hospital bills before I can consider it again :frowning2:

May 19, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,478 of 12,398
You haven't missed them.

(I check every day)

Doh! I missed a black Yiggy?!? Oh well, got to get through paying hospital bills before I can consider it again
frown.gif

May 19, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,482 of 12,398
  You haven't missed them.

(I check every day)

You actually might have missed them.

I only say this because there was a recent run of black Yggdrasil units. No, it wasn't added to the website.

If you haven't done so already, you might want to reach out to their customer support to check in on the current status. I'm going to assume they've already been sold out.

I had sent an inquiry maybe a month and a half ago just to see what the expectations were, and one of the representatives said they didn't know when the next run would occur. Then I randomly got an email from another representative who let me know that they were available for a limited time.

This was two weeks ago.

So now I have a black Ragnarok and Yggdrasil stack. It looks pretty ballin'. 

May 19, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #2,483 of 12,398

You actually might have missed them.

I only say this because there was a recent run of black Yggdrasil units. No, it wasn't added to the website.

If you haven't done so already, you might want to reach out to their customer support to check in on the current status. I'm going to assume they've already been sold out.

I had sent an inquiry maybe a month and a half ago just to see what the expectations were, and one of the representatives said they didn't know when the next run would occur. Then I randomly got an email from another representative who let me know that they were available for a limited time.

This was two weeks ago.

So now I have a black Ragnarok and Yggdrasil stack. It looks pretty ballin'. 

I can confirm that the latest run of black chassis Yggy's has come and gone as I got the final unit. It was delivered yesterday. I had inquired several months ago and was told the same "We never know when we'll have black chassis. You'll need to check the website". I replied that that just isn't realistic that I am going to think to check the website every single day for......who knows?? But that was the best the said they could do for me. howevvvvver.. I TOO was sent an email(to my actual email I had sent them months earlier) that a small run was available and I should act fast. Sooooooo... My suggestion would be to send them an email asking if they would inform you when the next black Yggy run occurs. Though their 'official' response is you need to check the website, in my case, they DID save my email and reached out to me when it occured. For that I am exceedingly thankful. They may not continue to do what they did for me(and Mardrommar) but then again.. maybe they WILL!  Good Luck!!! 

May 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,484 of 12,398
That's actually quite annoying. I'm glad you told me as I've been sitting here wasting my time for months thinking it would be on the website as it was in the past. I would literally buy it today if I saw it listed. Not happy but I guess if they only had a handful it's not surprising they reached out to those already showing interest.

I do want to say grats on snagging the set. I imagine it looks incredible. Could we trouble you for a couple of pics?

May 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #2,485 of 12,398
That's actually quite annoying. I'm glad you told me as I've been sitting here wasting my time for months thinking it would be on the website as it was in the past. I would literally buy it today if I saw it listed. Not happy but I guess if they only had a handful it's not surprising they reached out to those already showing interest.

I do want to say grats on snagging the set. I imagine it looks incredible. Could we trouble you for a couple of pics?

I don't blame you for feeling that way. I had been checking the site constantly as well, because I wanted a matching black Yggdrasil for the black Ragnarok I purchased back in December 2015.

I wasn't expecting much when I reached out to them, but I definitely was pleasantly surprised when I saw that email. I even wondered if they had compiled a list of people who were waiting on black units. 

My photography skills are crap, so there won't be any luxurious or fancy effects. x)

May 19, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #2,486 of 12,398
Looks so nice. Thank you for sharing those pics.

It could be months before they get more...

May 19, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #2,487 of 12,398
I honestly think that Schiit should begin to increase the production of black housings for all their amps and DACs. They know that these variants sell out instantly and are constantly sought after. Hell, they could probably charge $50-100 more just for the black chassis (making some joke about the powder coating positively impacting sound quality) and people would shell out the money without a second thought. 

I like the industrial no BS look of the default silver, but I think black is timeless and pairs better with other audio gear... considering a lot of companies also use black casings.

Still, there's no harm by reaching out to them. I'd express your disappointment and ask them to put you at the top of the list so you can be contacted as soon as another run occurs. Hopefully it won't take months.  

May 19, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #2,488 of 12,398
I been checking Schiit website almost daily since March for the Black Yggy offering. Now I hear the few Black Yggy have been offered to people who actually sent an email inquiry. What's the big problem with Schiit not making a few dozen Black Yggy at a time to satisfy everyone desire? It's very frustrating. I will sent Schiit an email asking to be put on the waiting list for the Black Yggy.

May 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,489 of 12,398
I been checking Schiit website almost daily since March for the Black Yggy offering. Now I hear the few Black Yggy have been offered to people who actually sent an email inquiry. What's the big problem with Schiit not making a few dozen Black Yggy at a time to satisfy everyone desire? It's very frustrating. I will sent Schiit an email asking to be put on the waiting list for the Black Yggy.

Been waiting since December.  Can't begin to express how disappointed I am:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766347/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread/1395#post_12181797

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766347/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread/1605#post_12290394

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766347/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread/1935#post_12368059

and literally 9 days ago:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/766347/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread/2385#post_12570748

Users who are viewing this thread

Back