Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #7,411 of 12,475
Some folks reply so soon after another post that it's obvious their intentions are disingenuous. At a minimum, these folks simply cannot have taken any time what-so-ever to actually listen to music or play a musical instrument, let alone evaluate the Yggdrasil with any kind of credibility.

While for purposes of this post those folks shall remain nameless, I glean from others that everyone knows precisely who I'm speaking/writing of.

My sincere apologies to those wanting nothing more than Yggdrasil and thread targeted posts. Trust me, I'm with you, support you, and can relate to your dismay.

QUOTE]
I feel the pain.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #7,413 of 12,475
WRONG!

It [fuses discussion] reemerges whenever you or others state the impossible, that (paraphrasing) you hear a difference when orientation is changed.

It is perfectly fine IMO if you state your "preference" regarding which fuse you like/dislike or whether it faces north, east, south or west. BUT, if you state you can hear a difference between one or the other, kindly prove it - or shut up.
How can you prove that you can see colors to a color-blind man?
It's your word against his..!

Sure would like to hear more about the Gen 2 version upgrade impressions from those that have upgraded.
Sure would.......:ksc75smile:

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #7,414 of 12,475
Go back through the thread again. The Dutch distributor not only tested the Yggdrasil in question, they sent a video to the OP of it working.

Nothing unusual with Schiit refusing to honor a warranty once an unauthorized attempt at service has been made. The overwhelming majority of electronics vendors have the same policy. Something to keep in mind for those who want to mod their Yggdrasil, including changing fuses - go for it if you must, but posting about it will likely void your warranty.
Go back through the thread again. The Dutch distributor not only tested the Yggdrasil in question, they sent a video to the OP of it working.

Nothing unusual with Schiit refusing to honor a warranty once an unauthorized attempt at service has been made. The overwhelming majority of electronics vendors have the same policy. Something to keep in mind for those who want to mod their Yggdrasil, including changing fuses - go for it if you must, but posting about it will likely void your warranty.
Reply to 5genez.Nazzi attitude is putting it harshly.I would be happy to elaborate on another occasion,But I feel that no one was realy trying to help.everyone was hiding behind protocol.I am now messing with this Tree of life since July 2017 but without some kind of schematics one can't progress.I might just try and order a new input board,or send my board in for inspection,That shouldn't cost the world.
Thanks for your interest.Cheers from Jerusalem. PS,The schiit people have probably never encountered a situation like this,They could be more lenient.I'm not asking for money back or any of the sorts Just some info of how to check.If I goaccording to their plan I might as well get a new Ygg. Cheers

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #7,415 of 12,475
Sure would like to hear more about the Gen 2 version upgrade impressions from those that have upgraded.

I've been posting impressions in order to distract from the distraction on this thread, here's another.

A Tab In The Ocean from the oft-overlooked band Nektar. Yggy 2 is revealing details in the mix, tones and textures of musical instruments and voices with sonic treatments placed precisely where the engineer put them. The strong left-center-right quality of the mix is clear to me this morning in a way I have not recognized before. One word that springs to mind is "coherent." I heard it also on Michael Hedges Aerial Boundaries earlier this morning.

Now I recognize the word "coherence" is not "objectively true," so some folks around here might not like it. It describes my impression in actually listening to music, and I stand by it.

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #7,416 of 12,475
Any chance we could go back to discussing the Yggy and stop all of the snide and self-congratulatory comments?

Who cares if someone feels they received benefit from a tweak to the Yggy in their own system, in their own home, to their own ears?

If you want a quiet, to the point thread then stop responding. It will be that simple.

It is a hobby. Let's please move on...

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #7,417 of 12,475
Reply to 5genez.Nazzi attitude is putting it harshly.I would be happy to elaborate on another occasion,But I feel that no one was realy trying to help.everyone was hiding behind protocol.I am now messing with this Tree of life since July 2017 but without some kind of schematics one can't progress.I might just try and order a new input board,or send my board in for inspection,That shouldn't cost the world.
Thanks for your interest.Cheers from Jerusalem. PS,The schiit people have probably never encountered a situation like this,They could be more lenient.I'm not asking for money back or any of the sorts Just some info of how to check.If I goaccording to their plan I might as well get a new Ygg. Cheers

I'm not 5genez, so not sure why you refer to him and quoted my post. I completely agree that his post was way out of line, particularly when Schiit has gone out of their way to help him.

I'm sorry you're struggling with your Yggdrasil, but if you go back and look, people were very serious in attempting to diagnose the problem. The issue is, the device in question is in your hands so we needed you to test a few things to try to understand why you were having a problem.

Good luck, but I don't think you're taking a productive approach here.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #7,419 of 12,475
By hiding behind protocol I mean Schiit USA and the Dutch,by no means the folks on this blog.
All the things you suggested I'v tried numerous times.I'm way past that.
Have a pleasant out. Cheers from Jerusalem.
In the USA many of us learned to use a term that came from the Seinfeld show. "Soup Nazi." I realize now that some may have taken me way too literally on what my intent was.
I intended to use the word...In humorous way.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #7,420 of 12,475
my digital gear 2-17-18.jpg
What I have before the Yggy is getting out of hand:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #7,422 of 12,475
What I have before the Yggy is getting out of hand:

I can see you are a perfectionist! That's quite a set up. What kind of speakers do you listen with?

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #7,424 of 12,475
I've been posting impressions in order to distract from the distraction on this thread, here's another.

A Tab In The Ocean from the oft-overlooked band Nektar. Yggy 2 is revealing details in the mix, tones and textures of musical instruments and voices with sonic treatments placed precisely where the engineer put them. The strong left-center-right quality of the mix is clear to me this morning in a way I have not recognized before. One word that springs to mind is "coherent." I heard it also on Michael Hedges Aerial Boundaries earlier this morning.

Now I recognize the word "coherence" is not "objectively true," so some folks around here might not like it. It describes my impression in actually listening to music, and I stand by it.
Nektar! Yes.... The drummer has good taste in what brand drums he plays. The Yggy will do their tone justice!

Ron780.jpg

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #7,425 of 12,475
Magnepan 3.7i
Audio Research Ref6 preamp
Sanders Magtech power amp

Great amp choice for the Maggies. Just learned why its different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back