Schiit we'd like to see
Jul 26, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #406 of 429
I would like to see a Wyrd 2 with two USB output or more AND a volume pot enabling to modify analogically the signal.
(because it is not recommended to do this by decreasing the volume from the PC. And yes, my DAC, is integrated directly into my stereo so I can't use a SYS).
I started a thread about this => here <=.
Thanx in advance :wink:

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #407 of 429
Did anybody post about a multibit analog-to-digital converter employing Ygdrassil's filtering? Something akin to Richard Altmann's Attraction ADC but for people with regular-sized wallets.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #408 of 429
  I would like to see a Wyrd 2 with two USB output or more AND a volume pot enabling to modify analogically the signal.
(because it is not recommended to do this by decreasing the volume from the PC. And yes, my DAC, is integrated directly into my stereo so I can't use a SYS).

Not possible. Wyrd is a purely digital device, and is located before the DAC, which means that the digital data hasn't yet been converted to analogue. If the D/A IC is integrated into the transducers, digital volume control is all you can do (unless there is a volume pot on the stereo).

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #409 of 429

Not possible. Wyrd is a purely digital device, and is located before the DAC, which means that the digital data hasn't yet been converted to analogue. If the D/A IC is integrated into the transducers, digital volume control is all you can do (unless there is a volume pot on the stereo).

Oh... yes you are right
ksc75smile.gif

So maybe digitally change the volume without degrading the data? (Is it possible ?)

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #411 of 429

Only in an alternate universe or if you charge more than$10,000.

Lol, not sure it would be a good deal.
Have a nice day Mike
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #412 of 429
Only thing I want from Schiit is for them to have black finish on their products available at all times - I know this will most likely never happen due to making production that much more expensive but I'm just a sucker for black electronics.

Oh, and an OTL higher up than the V2 (possibly around the 1k price point? To match the Gungnir and MJ2) would also be something I'd be super excited about! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #415 of 429
  Only thing I want from Schiit is for them to have black finish on their products available at all times - I know this will most likely never happen due to making production that much more expensive but I'm just a sucker for black electronics.

Oh, and an OTL higher up than the V2 (possibly around the 1k price point? To match the Gungnir and MJ2) would also be something I'd be super excited about! 
smily_headphones1.gif

For the life of me, I do not understand why black & silver is not a option for all products made by all companies ! Charge me the extra money for this,
 but give ME THE BUYER THE OPTION !

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #416 of 429
  For the life of me, I do not understand why black & silver is not a option for all products made by all companies ! Charge me the extra money for this,
 but give ME THE BUYER THE OPTION !

Efficiency. Keeping two colors in stock at all times doubles the SKUs and increases price for everyone, not just you. Schiit is about keeping things lean and simple, so one color it is, as well as three standardized case sizes. Schiit takes these things so seriously as to consider or not to trickle down R2R tech into the smallest of their boxes (Modi-size), depending on whether it fits the case. If it hadn't, Modi MB would likely never have seen the light of day. If color is so important, there are many more manufacturers out there that do provide color options...

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #417 of 429
Efficiency. Keeping two colors in stock at all times doubles the SKUs and increases price for everyone, not just you. Schiit is about keeping things lean and simple, so one color it is, as well as three standardized case sizes. Schiit takes these things so seriously as to consider or not to trickle down R2R tech into the smallest of their boxes (Modi-size), depending on whether it fits the case. If it hadn't, Modi MB would likely never have seen the light of day. If color is so important, there are many more manufacturers out there that do provide color options...

Well said sir. I love all of my Schiit just the way it is.

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #418 of 429
I've been looking long and hard at Ragnarok to add to my pile of Schiit and complement my Mjolnir 2. If Mjolnir 2 is Schiits top shelf tubed offering (presently), and if all the reading I've done regarding the quality of sound with MJ2 and LISSTs (which I have as well) installed tends to indicate that they approach, but do not match, all the qualities that Ragnarok has to offer, then...

Makes me wonder if stripping out the hardware/software associated with the integrated amp section could make a meaningful reduction in price (maybe not) to produce a product that will have all the sound qualities Raggys head-amp is capable of but at a price that will appeal to say the $1,000 a box market in a smaller (perhaps), cooler running (maybe) package?

For myself the price of Raggy is not the issue, I just don't need the ability to drive speakers. But maybe that's the least costly part of the whole package.

Just thinkin' out loud.

While I'm blu-skyin' it, a pair of SE and a pair of Balanced headphone outs would make comparing HP's easy and fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back