Schiit SYS Passive Preamp
Aug 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #61 of 231
It absolutely is right for me and many other people. Im not sure why people who it isn't right for come into threads like this and tell other people that it's of no use to anyone.

I'm a very happy Schiit fanboy, half of their stuff that I have I don't even use, it sits there and looks pretty! I also forget sometimes that $50 is a lot to poor people.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #62 of 231
It absolutely is right for me and many other people. Im not sure why people who it isn't right for come into threads like this and tell other people that it's of no use to anyone.

I'm a very happy Schiit fanboy, half of their stuff that I have I don't even use, it sits there and looks pretty! I also forget sometimes that $50 is a lot to poor people.

I never said it was of no use to anyone. I just said its an overpriced resistor...

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #64 of 231
  I just ordered one of these gizmos. Will see how it compares to my CJ preamp. I've always been curious about passive preamps.

Kim

OK, I've had a chance to try it out. Doesn't fit my needs. Before I send it back, does anyone in the SF Bay area want to buy or swap something for it?

Kim

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #67 of 231
Hi there

if it is only a pre amp, with a potentiometer to regulate volume.
Will it work if you put the out put int he input and vice-versa?

So there is 1 input and 2 outputs?

It works just fine like this just keep the volume maxed. I currently run it this way.

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #69 of 231
From what I'm reading basically this works as a passive pre amplifier. So could I have the output running to my monitors then for two inputs say an xbox 360 and a cable box. Then I can toggle between inputs and whichever input I'm in would play through my monitors. That's pretty nice and worth the money already. But say I had a DAC would I get any bonus having my Dac output going to this. Or would I be better off having the Dac output just to my powered monitors since the balanced XLR should be better than the RCA's that the SYS uses. 

Would actually be nice to just use it for the xbox and cable box since I don't have a multi input receiver in my room and it sucks un hooking and re hooking wires up especially when you have everything organized.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #71 of 231
Just ordered mine!! I've been spending weeks looking for an A/B switch that wasn't going to distort my sound. Found a 20 dollar one but I wasn't positive if it was going to work flawlessly. I just happened to be reading Schiit's silly descriptions cause they crack me up and saw this and was like "...hell doesn't google show this in my searches!!"

I now have the Modi (in warranty replacement currently) and got a Wyrd and SYS coming.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #72 of 231
I have owned this for quite awhile now. I keep it off to the side 98% of the time un-used but I bought it for A/Bing my amps and dacs. When I need it; it works awesome. I spend more than $49 filling up my tank so something like this is a no brainer. It came in handy at last years LA head-fi meet. I was able to run both the Ember and Polaris through the SYS so people could quickly switch between both amps while listening to one song.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #73 of 231
You're all smarter than me so answer me this, there is no power to this thing so how exactly is it a pre-amp if it can't amp up a connection?

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #74 of 231
You're all smarter than me so answer me this, there is no power to this thing so how exactly is it a pre-amp if it can't amp up a connection?

I'll throw my dummy hat into the ring. It's a preamp in that it comes before the amp. But since most people expect a preamp to provide power (active preamp) Schiit identifies the SYS as a passive preamp.

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #75 of 231
BLAM question answered. Thanks ^__^ my Wyrd and SYS will be here tomorrow, it'll be nice not having to constantly disconnect the cables from my phono amp and DAC whenever I want to use either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back