Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Jul 11, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #916 of 2,006
The addition of a nice ribeye adds a nice bit of meatiness to the tone.

True- but I think you have to consider the effect of tenderizer or spices on the separation and soundstage. A little too complicated for me!

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #917 of 2,006

The addition of a nice ribeye adds a nice bit of meatiness to the tone.

True- but I think you have to consider the effect of tenderizer or spices on the separation and soundstage. A little too complicated for me!

I prefer to sous vide my speakers then sear in order to keep my music juicy.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #919 of 2,006
Hi all I have a question can one add a external cd drive to a Macbook pro, i need to transfer cds to the macbooks hard drive, thus I need an external cd drive. Sorry the question is off topic.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #920 of 2,006
Hi all I have a question can one add a external cd drive to a Macbook pro, i need to transfer cds to the macbooks hard drive, thus I need an external cd drive. Sorry the question is off topic.

Why not? USB or lightning?

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #921 of 2,006

Yes there are plenty of inexpensive USB options outside of the external drive offered by Apple.

Here is the one I use with my MBP:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135256

I haven't tried DVD burning but on my mid 2014 MBP it does CD read/write and DVD read with bus power from a single USB port.  Ripped several hundred CDs and a few DVDs with it as well as a couple dozen CD burns.  Very reliable so far.

Jul 13, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #922 of 2,006
Yes there are plenty of inexpensive USB options outside of the external drive offered by Apple.

Here is the one I use with my MBP:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135256

I haven't tried DVD burning but on my mid 2014 MBP it does CD read/write and DVD read with bus power from a single USB port.  Ripped several hundred CDs and a few DVDs with it as well as a couple dozen CD burns.  Very reliable so far.

Thanks for the information. I need a cd player so I can rip cd's

Jul 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #923 of 2,006
Thanks for the information. I need a cd player so I can rip cd's

A wee off topic-but how do you like the PM-3's? I've got the HE-560 connected to my Ragnarok (sounds great) but have been eyeing the PM3 for portable or computer use at work or home with the headphone jack. 
Of course to keep it ON topic-how does it sound on the Ragnarok? Lowest or Medium Gain? I use the highest gain for my speakers--and find my volume setting between 1 and 2 O'Clock with Classical.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #924 of 2,006
A wee off topic-but how do you like the PM-3's? I've got the HE-560 connected to my Ragnarok (sounds great) but have been eyeing the PM3 for portable or computer use at work or home with the headphone jack. 
Of course to keep it ON topic-how does it sound on the Ragnarok? Lowest or Medium Gain? I use the highest gain for my speakers--and find my volume setting between 1 and 2 O'Clock with Classical.

I really love my PM-3'S, the bass is great the mids are lush and highs are very nice for the portable. I use my e12 with them, on the low gain, for these cans are very sensitive. The PM-3'S sounded devine on the rag, on the lowest gain, I have used mediums gain but was afraid I might hurt the cans. The only negative is my ears barely fit into the cups, but the cups breath really nice. I think the PM-3'S are great for on the go and I know my music is not annoying some other person.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #925 of 2,006
Hi Folks;

"I prefer to sous vide my speakers"

I'm Impressed. Where did you find the baggie big enough to do this, let along the heating device. Boggles. I fear Big River has failed me....sigh.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #926 of 2,006
Hi Folks;

"I prefer to sous vide my speakers"

I'm Impressed. Where did you find the baggie big enough to do this, let along the heating device. Boggles. I fear Big River has failed me....sigh.

Me too. The best I came up with is freely rotating (at the connector) interconnects with a motor to rotate them under a heat lamp. Nowhere as elegant! I'm wondering if it really gives me warm sound or is it placebo?

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #927 of 2,006
Hi again folks;

Please note that if anyone is using a Tokamak device to keep temps right, (perhaps more for yaggy users than raggy folks) I'll gladly swap you 10% of your electrical bill for 10% of mine.

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #929 of 2,006
  i ordered my Ragnarok from Schiit last night.  Is there any info on the wait time at the moment?

From the Schiit website: "Orders placed now will probably be on backorder until the next Ragnarok run in August/September."

Well worth the wait, I received mine last week and it sounds wonderful in my speaker-based system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back