Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Nov 1, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #76 of 2,021
Agreed, its good to know stuff like that.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #77 of 2,021
I posted an update to my review on the Ragnarok

Researching around, the left-channel buzz I'm hearing was reported by a few beta testers. Plugging the amp into a power conditioner has tamped down the buzz to (almost) non-existence for me.

People considering this amp for use with very sensitive headphones might want to consider the use of a good power conditioner to compliment it. Heck, with the money you save over buying a more expensive amp you could buy a few of them.

Interestingly, reading around also confirmed that Schiit acknowledges the balanced output as being the superior way to go for this amp.  I may need to have my TH-900s re-terminated.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #78 of 2,021
I am using an APC G5 Power filter with my equipment. No buzz from Ragnarok. I haven't tried it out of any other power source.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #79 of 2,021
I am using an APC G5 Power filter with my equipment. No buzz from Ragnarok. I haven't tried it out of any other power source.

I was going to ask if you were using any power conditioning.  Seems like an easy fix for the issue if it occurs.

I have an APCS15BLK conditioner + battery back up downstairs for my video setup, I will need to get a conditioner for my office setup I guess. Never needed it before now but not a bad idea at all.  I was considering using this Tripplite unit but it sounds like a small generator and placement of it would be too hard.

Love those little APC units though.  Very good value versus "audiophile" versions.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #81 of 2,021
I was going to ask if you were using any power conditioning.  Seems like an easy fix for the issue if it occurs.

I have an APCS15BLK conditioner + battery back up downstairs for my video setup, I will need to get a conditioner for my office setup I guess. Never needed it before now but not a bad idea at all.  I was considering using this Tripplite unit but it sounds like a small generator and placement of it would be too hard.

Love those little APC units though.  Very good value versus "audiophile" versions.

Bonus for the G5 type units is that they look like another piece of audio gear on the rack.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #85 of 2,021
You can have mine......when you take it from my cold, dead hands :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #86 of 2,021
You can have mine......when you take it from my cold, dead hands
smily_headphones1.gif

"Your offer is... acceptable."

Who remembers what movie that is from? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #87 of 2,021
Men In Black. It was "your proposal is acceptable".

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear some impressions of Ragnarok powering speakers (not John Hodgman's comedy special, but rather Schiit's offering). I have a pair of Totem 'The Ones' that I'm hoping would fare well enough with it.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #88 of 2,021
Men In Black. It was "your proposal is acceptable".

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear some impressions of Ragnarok powering speakers (not John Hodgman's comedy special, but rather Schiit's offering). I have a pair of Totem 'The Ones' that I'm hoping would fare well enough with it.

Me too.  I'm in the market for Magnepan replacements that will work with it.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #89 of 2,021
Nice reviews guys.

I have a question though, the power output spec on schiit website, is it for Balance or for SE output?
The reason i asked is, in the case of audio gd, the publish spec was only for balance out and when i asked what about output for se? The output for se is much lower, less than half. I believe he has updated his site to include se output spec also.
This is important for me because i wont go balancing my headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back