Schiit products, shipping to Canada?
Jan 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Bynming

Head-Fier
Has anybody from Canada ordered a Schiit Asgard? I contacted them and they're not willing to lower the declared value, and I'm hesitating between that one and the Little Dot MKIII. I'm wondering if Canadian customs would slap me with huge fees. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 39
Schiit is from the USA, we have a free trade agreement, so no duties.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 39
So much for NAFTA - but actually importing from the US oftentimes comes with huge brokerage fees. Depends on a few factors =/. Ordering from some companies is cheaper than others at the border.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 39
Just don't go with UPS ground you'll get hit with huge fees, ask them if they can ship via USPS

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 39
I have had a bifrost shipped to me from them through USPS, and the only charges at the door were taxes.  In my experience shipping from across the border, going through USPS will only ever get you charged with taxes, and you may even be charged nothing depending on the declared value and who's at the customs office that day.  Which isn't likely with anything over $200 mind you.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #7 of 39
YMMV, but I just had a Bifrost shipped to me with a USB option (ie, declared value would have been high-ish), and had to pay no duty, brokerage or taxes. But yes, it comes down to who is working that day, and how they want to ding you. There is every chance I could have been tagged for taxes. *Shrug*

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 39
As long as it's shipped USPS, it will be fine.  If it's shipped UPS, that is when you'll end up playing extra duties and their high brokerage fee, which IIRC varies according to the declared value. All the "I ordered something from the US and paid so much in duties, taxes and fees than" horror stories are all UPS.

I'm thinking about either a LD MKIII or Asgard too.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #12 of 39
No no, $45 of tax of handling fees - no duty. When I ordered my HD650's from the US, customs didn't slap anything on.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but In the US it's pretty much $250 + $20 of shipping, I ended up paying about $345 for the damn thing! Oh well, I guess many people here are familiar with it - start with a budget of $200, end up paying $350...

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 39
My experience was the same. Shipping cost plus HST (Ontario). Nothing extra beyond that.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 39
Living in Canada is worst when you want to shop around.

I wanted to get Woo Amp but ended up getting Burson 160DS cause I manage to find the local store here in Toronto.

I also want to order Ultrasone Ed 8 and HD800 but can't find any local stores that matches US price. :frowning2: damn duty fees !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back