Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
Aug 4, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #1,367 of 1,649
Aug 6, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #1,370 of 1,649
Ah gotcha, so you're the 2nd person that I've read that basically says MMB2 is somewhat like a mini BF2/64. That's high praise though.

LOL funny thing is, I had one and sold it. :joy:
Yes and Thank You! :tada:

Your My MM2 is still the daily fav here at the Tube Rolling and Cat Day/Night Spa. :dt880smile:

You might enjoy Gumby... if I recall correctly (could happen), was the thickest schiit multibit DAC I'd heard.

Aug 6, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,371 of 1,649
I only have poor man's Denafrips Iris.

SMSL PO100
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smsl-po100.25923/

Normally I don't care about measurements but in this case I think it got the thumbs up from the measurement crowd.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ak-measurements-digital-interfaces-dac.40483/
I just realized those measurements don't say anything about whether these devices protect against electronic noise propagating over the USB. The lab equipment generates absolutely pure clean signals. Pis and NUCs do not....?
You might enjoy Gumby... if I recall correctly (could happen), was the thickest schiit multibit DAC I'd heard.
My OG Gumby doesn't seem thick to me. Harmonically rich via XLR for sure!

Aug 6, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #1,372 of 1,649
Neither did mine. Absolutely great DAC for the $.

Aug 6, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #1,373 of 1,649
I just realized those measurements don't say anything about whether these devices protect against electronic noise propagating over the USB. The lab equipment generates absolutely pure clean signals. Pis and NUCs do not....?

It's just how I remember it... harmonically richer than MM2/BF2 so as to appear thicker to less sensitive ears. 🤣

Aug 6, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #1,374 of 1,649
Your My MM2 is still the daily fav here at the Tube Rolling and Cat Day/Night Spa. :dt880smile:
Hahah glad you're still enjoying it, now you guys are making me second doubt myself should I go buy another one??? :thinking::laughing:
Neither did mine. Absolutely great DAC for the $.
It's just how I remember it... harmonically richer than MM2/BF2 so as to appear thicker to less sensitive ears. 🤣
One of my head-fi friend swear by his Gumby and keep telling me to get one.

He was saying Gumby A1 (older model) apparently is warmer than the newer Gumby B1 (more neutral). So he was telling my to hunt down an A1.

But I haven't heard either so I don't know lol.
Lol yeah I agree I'm generally more the I trust my ear more crowd. Just don't have $500-600 spare to test higher DDC yet. Will get to it one day lol.

Aug 6, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #1,375 of 1,649
One of my head-fi friend swear by his Gumby and keep telling me to get one.

He was saying Gumby A1 (older model) apparently is warmer than the newer Gumby B1 (more neutral). So he was telling my to hunt down an A1.

But I haven't heard either so I don't know lol.
Bifrost 2 OG should give you about 85-90% of the A1's sound. I heard all of them and found the BF2 OG to sound very similar to the A1 Gungnir.

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #1,376 of 1,649
Bifrost 2 OG should give you about 85-90% of the A1's sound. I heard all of them and found the BF2 OG to sound very similar to the A1 Gungnir.
Gotcha, then if what you said is correct then I think it's still not that warm in the grand scheme of things then lol. :laughing:

I've heard MMB1, MMB2, BF2 OG. So I'd definitely agree BF2 OG is warmer than MMB2.:thumbsup:

But what I'm looking for probably need to be even warmer LOL. Thanks for the clarification!

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #1,377 of 1,649
Gotcha, then if what you said is correct then I think it's still not that warm in the grand scheme of things then lol. :laughing:

I've heard MMB1, MMB2, BF2 OG. So I'd definitely agree BF2 OG is warmer than MMB2.:thumbsup:

But what I'm looking for probably need to be even warmer LOL. Thanks for the clarification!
Maybe try to look for a Bifrost OG Multibit but that unit is probably as rare as the A1 Gungnir.

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #1,378 of 1,649
You should buy my (2017) Gumby.
Hmm. I've heard that the BF2 is much drier than the Gumby. Most consider it more neutral. I've only had the original BF and the Uber upgrade and the Gumby. Gumby A1 is much more sonically addictive than that Bifrost.

Maybe try to look for a Bifrost OG Multibit but that unit is probably as rare as the A1 Gungnir.
Well, the A1 not so rare to me :)

Aug 6, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,379 of 1,649
Not my experience with both.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #1,380 of 1,649
You should buy my (2017) Gumby.
You have one eh? HMMMMMMM so tempting but I need to reassess my current situation, since the main reason why I keep pushing back the idea is because I have no desk space LOL.

Kind of why I went with MMB2 first.

But it might be worth it for sound, again will need to get back to you on that later. But definitely much appreciated for letting me know! :slight_smile::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back