Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #736 of 2,971
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #737 of 2,971
I guess, due to high numbers of order, they ship one voltage at a time, less chance to make a mistake, the status is 3-5 days, most likely all will be out this Friday or early next week ... however, Fedex logistic is another problem with such a large amount at a time, and do not forget the normal products and the last call products .....

I knew some 230V order got billed to their credit card a short while ago.
I payed in October already ..

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #738 of 2,971
I payed in October already ..

My friend just got billed the credit card yesterday and got the delivey notice less than two hours ago.... May be you order from Schiit Europe?

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #739 of 2,971
Impressions from last night: I agree with previous reviews of 'hear the room', it really felt like I was in the room on some tracks. Everyone says upgrade the headphones, then the chain, I went the other way about it. MJ3 has really elevated my LCD-2C, not by a just a bit, but like a different headphone all together. The highs and details that were missing on the G111 MK2 are now very present. I enjoyed my previous setup, but now am enjoying the 'wow' all over again. Muddy Waters was like closing your eyes and being there:
Well ... the LCD-2C is no slouch!! Sounds like a fantastic combination :)

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #742 of 2,971
office rack.jpg

My MJ3 just arrived today (ordered mid-October). It's been on for just about an hour. The MJ3 & Chord Qutest are replacing a Mytek Brooklyn DAC. I've been running the Qutest into the Brooklyn now for a couple of months and noticed a definite step up from Brooklyn's onboard DAC. Better instrument separation and more emphasis on the midrange but in a good way.

There definitely is a difference with the MJ3 now providing pre-amp and headphone amplification, but too early to talk about it. The one thing I can say about the move to the MJ3 is that the volume control is far more compressed than the Brooklyn. I move the MJ3 volume to 9:00 and the room sound is already louder than I usually listen to in my home office. The smallest twist of the volume nob and the sound goes up/down pretty quickly. Personally I'm disappointed in this attribute of the MJ3, but if the sound turns out to be as good as everyone is saying, then I can live with it.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #743 of 2,971
My friend just got billed the credit card yesterday and got the delivey notice less than two hours ago.... May be you order from Schiit Europe?
Yes I ordered from Shiit Europe ofcours. Did he too? Cause if yes it does make me a bit angry. I dont mind them billing in advance but I ordered middle of October.. I want mine first. How long does shipping from US to Netherlands (were shiit eu is based) take? That should be about the time difference between US order and EU order .. +/- 2 days maybe.

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #744 of 2,971
I ordered my Schiit September 30th and they didn't charge my credit card until it shipped at the end of November.
Its likely cause I payed with PayPal and not with credit card. Not a huge fan of credit cards. Its fine that they took the money just .. that there is no reliable information bothers me alot. I want my MJ3 before Christmas were I took 10 days of work and would have so much time to enjoy it ... but I am starting to loose faith.

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #745 of 2,971
office rack.jpg

My MJ3 just arrived today (ordered mid-October). It's been on for just about an hour. The MJ3 & Chord Qutest are replacing a Mytek Brooklyn DAC. I've been running the Qutest into the Brooklyn now for a couple of months and noticed a definite step up from Brooklyn's onboard DAC. Better instrument separation and more emphasis on the midrange but in a good way.

There definitely is a difference with the MJ3 now providing pre-amp and headphone amplification, but too early to talk about it. The one thing I can say about the move to the MJ3 is that the volume control is far more compressed than the Brooklyn. I move the MJ3 volume to 9:00 and the room sound is already louder than I usually listen to in my home office. The smallest twist of the volume nob and the sound goes up/down pretty quickly. Personally I'm disappointed in this attribute of the MJ3, but if the sound turns out to be as good as everyone is saying, then I can live with it.
Update:
I adjusted the output on the Qutest from 2V RMS to 1V RMS. I now find that about 11:00 on the MJ3 is equivalent to 9:00 when using 2V output from Qutest. Not surprising. Question now is whether the Qutest is just as good at 1V vs its default of 2V??

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #746 of 2,971
Update:
I adjusted the output on the Qutest from 2V RMS to 1V RMS. I now find that about 11:00 on the MJ3 is equivalent to 9:00 when using 2V output from Qutest. Not surprising. Question now is whether the Qutest is just as good at 1V vs its default of 2V??

I was just about to suggest you do exactly this as a possible fix for the volume level issue that you're having with the MJ3. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully it does the trick!

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #747 of 2,971
Update:
Look over on the Qutest thread for confirmation, but I think I remember Rob Watts posting that there should be no difference when answering that exact question.

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #748 of 2,971
Yes I ordered from Shiit Europe ofcours. Did he too? Cause if yes it does make me a bit angry. I dont mind them billing in advance but I ordered middle of October.. I want mine first. How long does shipping from US to Netherlands (were shiit eu is based) take? That should be about the time difference between US order and EU order .. +/- 2 days maybe.
He order from USA around mid November.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #749 of 2,971
I was just about to suggest you do exactly this as a possible fix for the volume level issue that you're having with the MJ3. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully it does the trick!

It has 3 stages, 1V, 2V and 3V, we do not know what stage is it at the beginning, he said 2V.

Yes, as long as the problem fixed, it is fine, Enjoy the MJ3 and music.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #750 of 2,971
I had experience before, feeding roughly 1V RMS signal to Schiit headphone amps, sounds better and more refined, may be the volume attenuator works better at around 12-2 o'clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back