Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Apr 4, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,951 of 6,930
I still haven't used my Klipsch computer speakers with the MJ2 and Bimby, though I should. I keep them in my classroom (they were $175 at Best Buy—laughably cheap compared to my headphones at home, though with a great sound despite that). I should do this one of these summers.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,952 of 6,930
Just a quick FYI we have one MJ2 with tubes in stock.  I know they've been a bit scarce...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,953 of 6,930
  Just a quick FYI we have one MJ2 with tubes in stock.  I know they've been a bit scarce...

Hi mrspeakers, thanks for your recommendations for the valve RCA 6BQ7A.

First, I like the retro look of that little red box that survived time. I only bought a pair for testing.
I am very very happy. I noticed the following:

- No more 'blong' sounds on startup.
- The amplifier runs less hot
- Less volume from the amplifier

Those subjective obervations make me thing that this draws less power, hence it is likely that the life of the tube will last longer.

It sounds like there is less dynamic range, so this can be perceived as warmer.

Thanks again for your help.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,954 of 6,930
I don't know how you guys convinced me but I'm now planning to buy the MJ2, I planned for a Valhalla 2 than a Lyr 2 and now this... My wallet seriously hates you XD
Funny times coming up with the HD800 and my other HPs, thanks (^__^)

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,956 of 6,930
  Have any of you moved over from the Val 2 to MJ2 ? 

Any notable improvements to note?

I went from Val1 to MJ2. Val 1 is a really capable machine. i love it. MJ2 will give you a degree more control (depending much on the tubes, of course) and naturally many times the power, though this is hardly something your HD600 requires. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #1,957 of 6,930
Been using a Chord Mojo for a time now and I'm wanting for more warmth and even less fatigue... Would adding the MJ2 accomplish this using Mojo as the DAC? Again in a time and place to consider getting the MJ2 for my Ether Cs... 

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,958 of 6,930
In europe site they announced that shipping start 15.4. I can´t wait that long... i´ll be dead when it arrives i´m so exited about it.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #1,963 of 6,930
  Pairing with a Gungnir Multibit?

I actually think of pairing with Oppo Sonica DAC. Atleast i´m gonna try it . Multibits are out of stock in eu and no idea when more comes.
Mjolnir 2 1010€ in Eu with tubes and lisst. They raise prizes bit.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #1,964 of 6,930
I just moved from Val 2t o MJ2. 
I used MAC/WM1A => Mojo=> Val2 => LCD-2. Line out of Mojo, low gain of val2. I love the sound. I guess val2 is totally a tube amp so the sound is typical ''tube'' . Sounds clear, soft,  flavor, soundstage is good but I won't say really big. The setup of wm1a and val2's output power is actually weak even use high gain. Then I just put mojo between them. Surprise comes out is I can hear more details about singer's sound. 
Now I sold val2 and mojo. wm1a => MJ2 with tube =>LCD-2. Just got MJ2 today. I listened 3 hours. Compared to Val2, I feel like Bass is gone for some songs. Treble is powerful but sometimes too aggressive a bit. ( I guess because I'm using high gain since I lost part of Mojo) Midrange is better, it sounds cohesive and stable especially man sound. Besides, it has more quite background and less noise. I tried switch tube to LISST. Actually, I'm more  like a ''tube'' fan hence LISST really doen not  attract me. Lisst puts the sound after all of these just sounds really like using 3.5mm output from wm1a  by an earphone. I think it really sounds like SONY signature. One more thing is maybe this is hybrid amp so it makes less heat than Val2 no matter using tube or LISST. 
Now I'm  waiting for my NOS tubes  delivery  and Plusound upgrade cable for lcd-2 with male 4-pin balanced xlr jack. I also want get my mojo back to be  part of this set up or just get another DAC to replace wm1a. I wanna try different combination to see if it can pleasure me more than old setup with Val2. 
And anyone has questions or reviews about my setup no matter good or bad just please let me know  
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #1,965 of 6,930
Just wait until you get the XLR cable and better tubes than stock. ...then the headphones will wake up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back