Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jan 18, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #6,436 of 6,961
Sent another modded MJ2 out the other day. Should be landing at its owners home tomorrow!!!

Hard to let them go once they have burned it in a bit withsome 7730s!
Some lucky jabroni will be really happy tomorrow. I hope that same jabroni really gets to experiment with lots of 12a7t tubes and enjoys music like never before.

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #6,437 of 6,961
That's awesome you still have them 7730's lol. Good to see you Keith. I'm sure he's gonna love the mod. I'm waiting for his pm after he gives it a whirl.
7730's and 7728s keep me company and all the other tubes are gone...well, not all of them. I have a couple of sets that I have no idea what they are anymore but I believe they are 6922 tubes, lol.

I have managed to get back away from all tubes except for the modded amps and a Vali 2 at the office...happily back into the SS life!

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #6,438 of 6,961
Jan 18, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #6,439 of 6,961
Hey guys, got into a problem. I use 9 pin socket savers/risers to elevate the tubes. So, one of them is stuck. The holes are so small, my fingers won't fit to wiggle it out. Someone on reddit wrote this happens all the time and he uses a needlenose pliers to pull it. I don't have one lying around. I don't want to send it to Schiit for just a pull. Any insights/experience? Thanks so much.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #6,440 of 6,961
Hey guys, got into a problem. I use 9 pin socket savers/risers to elevate the tubes. So, one of them is stuck. The holes are so small, my fingers won't fit to wiggle it out. Someone on reddit wrote this happens all the time and he uses a needlenose pliers to pull it. I don't have one lying around. I don't want to send it to Schiit for just a pull. Any insights/experience? Thanks so much.

The casework is not difficult to get off, just a whole lot of phillips head screws.

You can actually also leave all the alumin. outer case work intact and just remove the dark grey internal frame by removing the top screws, the bottom edge screws and the connection screws. This way you dont have to deal with realigning the LED light when putting it back together.

If you take apart the case, the only silver screws that are different are the 5 along the front bottom edge. they are the same thread, just shorter overall screws.

Jan 19, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #6,441 of 6,961
7730's and 7728s keep me company and all the other tubes are gone...well, not all of them. I have a couple of sets that I have no idea what they are anymore but I believe they are 6922 tubes, lol.

I have managed to get back away from all tubes except for the modded amps and a Vali 2 at the office...happily back into the SS life!
Happily? HAPPILY?!? Heresy!

:laughing:

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #6,442 of 6,961
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #6,443 of 6,961
@bcowen @jonathan c
I have a love hate relationship with tube amps (been through a number of them). I love the way they sound, but then find myself traveling to all ends of the internet in search of NOS tubes and then being nervous to leave them on too long, or wondering if I powered them down at night.

I am now running a DSHA-3F which has a bit of that tube magic to it, actually, it is the best SS amp I have owned at this point.

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #6,444 of 6,961
@bcowen @jonathan c
I have a love hate relationship with tube amps (been through a number of them). I love the way they sound, but then find myself traveling to all ends of the internet in search of NOS tubes and then being nervous to leave them on too long, or wondering if I powered them down at night.
That’s nothing…..😂….. I ponder whether the tube and adapter pins are clean enough, the tube bases are secure 😳😵‍💫

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #6,445 of 6,961
@bcowen @jonathan c

I am now running a DSHA-3F which has a bit of that tube magic to it, actually, it is the best SS amp I have owned at this point.
Congrats on finding a 3F! That's the only amp I have left on my wish list to complete my "Dream Trio" of amps.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #6,446 of 6,961
@bcowen @jonathan c

THIS. Also, I found a real gentleman sell me his full stash of 2 pairs and one single Kenrad VT231/6sn7 (1939-41) at a price that one can't imagine. He had them for a while but not using any amp that needed them. Mad respect.

Jan 21, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #6,447 of 6,961
Cap modded MJ2 in the house !!!!

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #6,448 of 6,961
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #6,449 of 6,961
It's laying on the couch in its underwear, hogging the TV remote, drank all the beer, and is now eating @shafat777's left-over pizza. :smirk:

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #6,450 of 6,961
It's laying on the couch in its underwear, hogging the TV remote, drank all the beer, and is now eating @shafat777's left-over pizza. :smirk:
….and burning the square getter holders out of the Footscrays….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back