Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #3,002 of 6,930
Holy hell -> this stack is amazing.
Can change the setup through

1) Tubes
2) Pads
3) Cans

Puter -> Gungnir -> Mjolnir +Socket Savers+ 1965 Amperex BUGLE BOY 6DJ8/ECC88 -> Forza -> Verite Opens

Just so much audio bliss, Building a collection of tubes I may never get to.........

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #3,003 of 6,930
Hi new Mjolnir 2 owner here...

Just wanted to find out if you find below to be true with your Mjolnir?

This is first tube amp but find that in terms of sound stage it has width but not depth? What i mean is that all instrument, are in single line in front of me?

only amp I have to compare right now is SPL Phonitor and find Mjolnir seem to have more width but Phonitor seems to have much more depth, can feel instrument are in different distance from me...

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #3,004 of 6,930

This is first tube amp but find that in terms of sound stage it has width but not depth? What i mean is that all instrument, are in single line in front of me?

only amp I have to compare right now is SPL Phonitor and find Mjolnir seem to have more width but Phonitor seems to have much more depth, can feel instrument are in different distance from me...

Thanks.
There is a bit to understanding what you are hearing.....what is your source, dac, and cans. It could be the Mjolnir is shallower but I haven't had that experience.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #3,005 of 6,930
Thanks for the reply and shallow is what I was trying to say :) new to head-fi world... :)

Playing Classical music, encoded in 24bit 192K FLAC file using Raspberry PI running Moode Audio connected via BNC to Holo Audio Spring 2 Level 2 DAC.. and Sennheiser HD800 for headphone...

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #3,006 of 6,930

Thanks.
What tubes are you using in the Mjolnir2 ?

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #3,007 of 6,930
Jan 5, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #3,008 of 6,930
Thanks for the reply and shallow is what I was trying to say :) new to head-fi world... :)

Playing Classical music, encoded in 24bit 192K FLAC file using Raspberry PI running Moode Audio connected via BNC to Holo Audio Spring 2 Level 2 DAC.. and Sennheiser HD800 for headphone...

Ha no worries....im relatively new here myself.....its just the use of adjectives. Your setup looks to me like a solid chain. I don't have much experience with any of that gear but know a bit of it by reputation.

A final change that may influence the depth of sound ould be had by changing out the tubes.......part of the beauty of the amp...
rolling tubes for different sound. If you plan on experimenting a bit I recommend a set of socket savers...

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #3,009 of 6,930
Ha no worries....im relatively new here myself.....its just the use of adjectives. Your setup looks to me like a solid chain. I don't have much experience with any of that gear but know a bit of it by reputation.

A final change that may influence the depth of sound ould be had by changing out the tubes.......part of the beauty of the amp...
rolling tubes for different sound. If you plan on experimenting a bit I recommend a set of socket savers...

Oh thanks for the info.. got it as second hand,and it came with socket saver and with Amperex tube...

would you recommend a tube for depth?

Thanks once again.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #3,010 of 6,930
Oh thanks for the info.. got it as second hand,and it came with socket saver and with Amperex tube...

would you recommend a tube for depth?

Thanks once again.

I don't really have a specific recommendation for a better soundstage but there are a couple threads in Headfi that go through tubes and the sounds they produce give me a moment I'll see if I can figure find....also I have a collection of 6-7 sets of tubes....with the variables I mentioned above, i like the ability to play with sounds.....so far I've messed around with 3-4 pairs of tubes....I found what I liked and stuck with it....however in the midst of changing out a few of my headphones so may have to start all over.....but to me this is part of the fun. Keep that in mind and take any recommendations on here in that context.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,011 of 6,930
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #3,012 of 6,930
Jan 6, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,014 of 6,930
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #3,015 of 6,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back