Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #1,636 of 6,960
I will now get a Gumby + MJ2 with stock tubes, since LISST is not available right now. This is my introduction to tube sound, I am curious :)

I will get the LISSTs when they become available again as well, though, to see/listen for myself.

Now I am only searching for the right headphones to go along, Ether Flow is my favorite so far. "Unfortunately", we have two shops with Audeze, Hifiman, Oppo, Sennheiser and Stax etc., but no Mr.Speakers to have a listen.

MrSpeakers has the Mjolnir 2 with LISST and tubes for the same price Schiit direct would cost.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1,637 of 6,960
I have both LISST and tubes.

I'm glad I got the LISST.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,638 of 6,960
MrSpeakers has the Mjolnir 2 with LISST and tubes for the same price Schiit direct would cost.

Thanks for the hint, but I live in Germany, so customs charges might be way to high. I ordered mine already from the european distributor and hope I will get it this week.

I also asked Schiit, when LISST will be available again, but haven't got an answer yet.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,639 of 6,960
Just noticed that the Mjolnir 2 has gone up by like £100 from the UK store so it is now more £ than $... (£870 vs $849). If that is not an error I am glad I got mine a few months ago! Doesn't seem as good value as it used to and we are getting screwed in the UK really hard!

*Edit- It seems everything has gone up by a significant amount and almost every product is now more £ than $...

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,640 of 6,960
Just noticed that the Mjolnir 2 has gone up by like £100 from the UK store so it is now more £ than $... (£870 vs $849). If that is not an error I am glad I got mine a few months ago! Doesn't seem as good value as it used to and we are getting screwed in the UK really hard!

*Edit- It seems everything has gone up by a significant amount and almost every product is now more £ than $...

It is because of a strong dollar. It makes other currencies need more to equal the dollar.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,641 of 6,960
It is because of a strong dollar. It makes other currencies need more to equal the dollar.

I know the reason but it still seems like it has gone too far. I mean the Ragnarok is 100 more £ than $ which is mental. It has gone up in price by like £400 as far as I can remember.

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,642 of 6,960

I know the reason but it still seems like it has gone too far. I mean the Ragnarok is 100 more £ than $ which is mental. It has gone up in price by like £400 as far as I can remember.

And the price increases aren't limited to Schiit.  For example, the Sennheiser HD800S is soon going to be increasing by £200 from £1199 to £1399 which is almost a 17% price hike! 

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,643 of 6,960

And the price increases aren't limited to Schiit.  For example, the Sennheiser HD800S is soon going to be increasing by £200 from £1199 to £1399 which is almost a 17% price hike! 

Damn! Well I am just glad I bought all my current audio gear last year so I won't need anything else for a few years. I guess it is only going to get worse as well! 
mad.gif
 Stupid brexit! So much for it not having an effect or normal people haha... 

Don't get me wrong I love my Schiit really good stuff and sounds amazing and to be honest it is still amazing value for money it just hurts getting stung by price changes due to something political I don't even want. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,644 of 6,960

Do you think this is something the vendors should address?  If so, how?

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #1,645 of 6,960

Do you think this is something the vendors should address?  If so, how?

Not really my position to say how a vendor should address this issue. I do find it slightly amusing how I seem to be being attacked for saying there has been a large price hike and I don't like it. I challenge any of you to be happy about a price hike lol... 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,646 of 6,960

Not really my position to say how a vendor should address this issue. I do find it slightly amusing how I seem to be being attacked for saying there has been a large price hike and I don't like it. I challenge any of you to be happy about a price hike lol... 
rolleyes.gif

Nobody is happy about price hikes, of course.

And it has happened to all of us at one point.

I didn't perceive the questions as attacks, but more a matter of pointing the finger at the larger macro-economic / political landscape.

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,647 of 6,960
I do already know the reasons as I said a couple of posts back and I will probably buy more Schiit in the future anyway as I love their combination of VfM, aesthetics and sound quality. Just frustrated really with political issues that are probably best not mentioned as discussions regarding them never seem to end amicably 
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #1,648 of 6,960
  I do already know the reasons as I said a couple of posts back and I will probably buy more Schiit in the future anyway as I love their combination of VfM, aesthetics and sound quality. Just frustrated really with political issues that are probably best not mentioned as discussions regarding them never seem to end amicably 
frown.gif

Schiit has no control over the current geopolitical situation. Your rage is misplaced.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,649 of 6,960
Yeah, the UK should get used to having the £ in the schiiter. Brexit done messed their currency. If you're looking for a nail in their coffin as a great power, this might be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back