Schiit Mani
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #46 of 144
I'm using an RP-1 but with performance pack. (Easily added on later if you want, no huge lose without it.) I'm using Gain 1 set to low and Gain 2 set to high. Input impedance set to 47k ohms. This will work for the Carbon MM too. To find the specs for the Carbon go to the cartridge product page online. It's pretty cut and dry though.

Thanks. Yeah I will probably change the belt and the slip mat , I am not sure if that will end up being the cartridge I wanted. So I decided to wait. Looking at Picture on the Bottom of the Mani there are 6 switches. I am guessing they are for left and right channel and must match. In the Past When using a TT the Pre amp had no settings like this I could remember.

Mani-bottom-1000.jpg

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #48 of 144
Thanks , The Mani Just Arrived. Unfortunately the wife is forcing me to wait until xmas to open the TT. Talk about torture. That did not stop me from getting all the cabling redone with a sys so I can switch between the Bimby and The Mani going into a Valhalla 2. It was a little heavier than I expected but stacks well with a Sys and Wyrd.. I was commanded that I must get Christmas Vinyl, I saw this at a Local Shop and thought it was perfect. She on the other hand through I had lost my mind.

914FASoRn2L._SX425_.jpg

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #49 of 144
How much of a diffrence does the Mani make?
I'm going to surprise my dad with a TT and Mani,
What TT is recomened? I'm thinking of getting a Marantz TT, or possibly a Sony?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #50 of 144
There are some good reviews of the Mani out there. http://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-6

I cant speak to it being better or worse than others. I have not compared it to other Phono Stages. Don't really Plan to. There are Many Turntables out there from a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. Some are automatic and some are completely manual.  There are also just many Upgrades.We Can't really tell you what your dad would like or not like for that matter,

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #51 of 144
Thank you
There are some good reviews of the Mani out there. http://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-6

I cant speak to it being better or worse than others. I have not compared it to other Phono Stages. Don't really Plan to. There are Many Turntables out there from a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. Some are automatic and some are completely manual.  There are also just many Upgrades.We Can't really tell you what your dad would like or not like for that matter,

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #52 of 144
o2smile.gif
Quote:

I have a friend who has a Sutherland Phono going through Plinius, Cary and Martin Logan Summit X speakers. His TT is an Amazon 2 with a Morch DP-8 and Transfiguration  Phoenix Cartridge. This is a truly high end system but my "Hot Rod" Rega RP6 sounds just as good, if not better in my opinion.
I am running a Schiit Mani and it is simply stunning! I have today taken it a step further by connecting it to a Swagman Labs Filtered Power Supply Unit, to replace the "crappy" wall wart, which Swagman Labs specifically built for me. I ordered it on the 23rd of December and it arrived this morning. They couldn't make me a Signature Edition as they cannot procure the correct transformer for an SE Mani edition.
Any way OMG what a difference, it has lifted the performance of the Mani again. The standard Swagman Lab's PSU is about half the size of the SE editions I have for my Rega RP6 and my Furutec ADL-GT40. If anyone wants to take there Mani to a higher level get hold of Swagman Labs and dump that wall wart. Same with your Magni Uber, a Swagman Labs SE PSU is my next upgrade. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #53 of 144
  I have a friend who has a Sutherland Phono going through Plinius, Cary and Martin Logan Summit X speakers. His TT is an Amazon 2 with a Morch DP-8 and Transfiguration  Phoenix Cartridge. This is a truly high end system but my "Hot Rod" Rega RP6 sounds just as good, if not better in my opinion.
I am running a Schiit Mani and it is simply stunning! I have today taken it a step further by connecting it to a Swagman Labs Filtered Power Supply Unit, to replace the "crappy" wall wart, which Swagman Labs specifically built for me. I ordered it on the 23rd of December and it arrived this morning. They couldn't make me a Signature Edition as they cannot procure the correct transformer for an SE Mani edition.
Any way OMG what a difference, it has lifted the performance of the Mani again. The standard Swagman Lab's PSU is about half the size of the SE editions I have for my Rega RP6 and my Furutec ADL-GT40. If anyone wants to take there Mani to a higher level get hold of Swagman Labs and dump that wall wart. Same with your Magni Uber, a Swagman Labs SE PSU is my next upgrade. 

Now I am Intrigued. If you don't mind how much did the custom power supply for the Mani Run you?

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #54 of 144
Hi bigro,
US$120.00 to NZ.
Just send them an email to get a quote.

Cheers
John

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #55 of 144
  Hi bigro,
US$120.00 to NZ.
Just send them an email to get a quote.

Cheers
John

The Mani sounds insanely good. I mean to the Point Where I feel I must confess to Oden that I have sinned have been using my Analog rig more than My Bifrost MB for the past week and half.

I know the improvements you experienced with your rig may not be exactly the same as I may experience but do you mind giving some details.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #56 of 144
I have to agree with what you are saying, the Mani is a "Killer" Phonostage that punches way above it's weight.
I was using my Furutec ADL-GT40 as a Phonostage for my Rega RP6 and I was quite happy with it, but the soundstage was compressed and there was sibilance in the female voices. Plus on looking back now the mids and highs just weren't right. At the time I was happy with it though, apart from the female voices and the soundstage, plus I couldn't get this separation of individual artists on the stage? Or the "artist floating three dimensionally in front of me".
Then I purchased the Schiit Mani and WOW!
Suddenly I knew what the hi-fi reviewers had been talking about when describing speakers or amps or whatever. I heard things on my LP's I had never heard before. On some Jazz records the artists in the band were talking to each other and the Mani was able to pick this up. When I heard this for the first time it "spooked" me out. I thought someone was in my house!
Female voices are now incredible, no sibilance, it is as if Diana Krall or Eva Cassidy are there singing to me, incredible. The midrange and treble are so clear and high now, they are not shrill or edgy, just crystal clear. The bass, oh the bass, so taught, not bloomy or over done, just right. Cymbals, Drums, Vibraphone, Trumpet Sax, Piano, Kettle Drum, Flute Triangle, human voice any instrument, you name it, it sounds wonderful.
As I have said earlier my friend has a Sutherland PHD Phonostage and this Mani can hold its head up high against it.
Throw away the crappy wall wart and add a Swagman Labs Filtered Power Supply Unit and you would have to spend a serious amount of cash to try and come close to getting anywhere near the performance of this little giant killer.
I am very glad I took the plunge and purchased my Schiit Mani Phonostage, it was the best $129.00 I have ever spent on my system and definitely the biggest bang for my buck.  
Highly Recommended.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #57 of 144
Hawkertempest.
 I should have been more specific. I already own a Mani. I am curious about what improvements you heard with the Power supply upgrade. I am Running a Rega RP1 Myself with some hot Rodding done as well. I am going to Upgrade the stock Stylus shortly. but I am curious about the affects of a better PSU.

Is any one using a Denon 103r with a Mani? I am between the Denon 103r and the DL 110

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #58 of 144
  Hawkertempest.
 I should have been more specific. I already own a Mani. I am curious about what improvements you heard with the Power supply upgrade. I am Running a Rega RP1 Myself with some hot Rodding done as well. I am going to Upgrade the stock Stylus shortly. but I am curious about the affects of a better PSU.

Is any one using a Denon 103r with a Mani? I am between the Denon 103r and the DL 110

Me -- I like 103Rs for daily spinnin'

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #59 of 144

Me -- I like 103Rs for daily spinnin'

Thanks, Mike.
   That Validates all the reviews I have read about the 103r. When I started research on MC's and ran across the Cartridges that cost as much as some turntables like the $10K - $15k Koetsu's , Dynavectors and the Like I started to reevaluate my choice of Hobby for while.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #60 of 144
I've heard good things about the new AT33SA, but that is more than double the 103r (although far less than $10k, lol).

I have not personally heard either, just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back