Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Dec 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #541 of 2,252
Yep, and if you're having issues like that, let us know! We'll get you a return exchange, so you don't have to be without an amp for long.

Jason, your customer service is among the best in the industry as far as I'm concerned and that comment is based on direct experience with you. You guys make quality products, you stand behind them, and you're active in the community. It just don't get any better than that IMO. :D

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #542 of 2,252
Good point, and as already shown Schiit will take care of you.

They certainly will, and that ain't no Schiit.

EDIT: Sorry everyone. I find it really hard to resist the Schiit puns... HAHAHAHA!!!!

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #544 of 2,252
I've decided I'm not ordering one until they upgrade with a red anodized enclosure, acrylic cutout and UV cold cathodes to showcase the interior. I also don't think it's too much to ask that said UV cold cathodes be sound activated.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #546 of 2,252
I've decided I'm not ordering one until they upgrade with a red anodized enclosure, acrylic cutout and UV cold cathodes to showcase the interior. I also don't think it's too much to ask that said UV cold cathodes be sound activated.

AND, all for $99. Still. Come on Jason, step up. :D

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #547 of 2,252
Quote:
AND, all for $99. Still. Come on Jason, step up.
biggrin.gif

Well yeah...

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #548 of 2,252
my schiit that shipped yesterday already arrived today. work all weekend though so won't have time until after the new year. love the size though, my setup for now is on my avatar. hope you other guys waiting got your m&m's too!

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #549 of 2,252
Quote:
my schiit that shipped yesterday already arrived today. work all weekend though so won't have time until after the new year. love the size though, my setup for now is on my avatar. hope you other guys waiting got your m&m's too!

Congrats!

I'm curious if your first few hours' experience will mirror mine since this is the first set of components that I've had that I've actually heard change over time (big improvement in the treble after the first few hours).

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #550 of 2,252
Quote:

Congrats!

I'm curious if your first few hours' experience will mirror mine since this is the first set of components that I've had that I've actually heard change over time (big improvement in the treble after the first few hours).

I thought the treble really settled down after about 4 hours, and a hiss disappeared after 6 hours. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #551 of 2,252
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats!

I thought the treble really settled down after about 4 hours, and a hiss disappeared after 6 hours. 

Does burn-in exist for SS amps too now?
Goodness, I must be deaf or something because I have yet to experience the whole burn-in thing...

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #552 of 2,252
I get the low volume channel imbalance as well as the audio bleed at zero volume. Both non-issues for me as I never NOT listen, nor do I listen at such a low volume.

I can see the low volume imbalance possibly being an issue with more sensitive headphones like IEMs though... the Magni does have a lot of bite quite early on it's volume pot.

As for burn in, lol, I'm not getting into that nonsense again. I have left my stack on basically since I got mine, minus a few breaks, and it sounds the exact same as day 1.

Had mine nearly a week now.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #553 of 2,252
Quote:
Goodness, I must be deaf or something because I have yet to experience the whole burn-in thing...

Quote:
I get the low volume channel imbalance as well as the audio bleed at zero volume. Both non-issues for me as I never NOT listen, nor do I listen at such a low volume.
I can see the low volume imbalance possibly being an issue with more sensitive headphones like IEMs though... the Magni does have a lot of bite quite early on it's volume pot.
As for burn in, lol, I'm not getting into that nonsense again. I have left my stack on basically since I got mine, minus a few breaks, and it sounds the exact same as day 1.
Had mine nearly a week now.

This is my first set of components that I've ever heard any difference on as well. All I know is that I listened for maybe 15 minutes right when I got them and the treble seemed really harsh. Went and watched Doctor Who (and something else I think, but it escapes me) and came back and it no longer sounded harsh. Since I wasn't listening in between those two times I'm not sure what to say beyond offering that as my experience (and as far as I can tell my Bifrost and Asgard sound exactly the same as when I first got them).

Regardless, the Magni and Modi now sound quite good to me.

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #554 of 2,252

I've been saying that for quite sometime now. People like to associate burn in with almost everything, as if miracle happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back