Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 24, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #21,557 of 23,494
So I seen a tube I was interested in. For sale a few months. Was $100 OBO, so I offer $75, $85 counter, I offer $76 and was declined. Next day he sent me this disturbing message and raised the price to $115 OBO. I got 91 dialed on my phone (so all I have to press is 1) , Tube Sellers and Tube Buyers association of America on speed dial.

Hi,

I'd much appreciate an honest answer to my simple question: had you raised you offer for 1$ because you are on a very limited budget and simply can't afford to pay my asking price, or you have been just jerking around with numbers? Increasing an offer for 1$ is pretty unrespectfull from my point of few. If you really can't afford higher price let me know and we will solve this thing.

Regards,

May 24, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #21,558 of 23,494
So I seen a tube I was interested in. For sale a few months. Was $100 OBO, so I offer $75, $85 counter, I offer $76 and was declined. Next day he sent me this disturbing message and raised the price to $115 OBO. I got 91 dialed on my phone (so all I have to press is 1) , Tube Sellers and Tube Buyers association of America on speed dial.

Hi,

I'd much appreciate an honest answer to my simple question: had you raised you offer for 1$ because you are on a very limited budget and simply can't afford to pay my asking price, or you have been just jerking around with numbers? Increasing an offer for 1$ is pretty unrespectfull from my point of few. If you really can't afford higher price let me know and we will solve this thing.

Regards,

I'd write him back and tell him:

1) "had you raised you offer' is grammatically moronic
2) Jerking around is a private thing with no conceivable relevance to your offer
3) Standard English language convention is to put the $ sign before the number, not after
4) Not only is 'unrespectfull' spelled incorrectly, the intelligent word choice would have been 'disrespectful'
5) You're not sure exactly what a 'point of few' is
6) You can afford anything you want but generally prefer to purchase from non-idiots

Be sure and CC both the TSA and TBA.

:laughing::grin:

May 24, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #21,559 of 23,494
I'd write him back and tell him:

1) "had you raised you offer' is grammatically moronic
2) Jerking around is a private thing with no conceivable relevance to your offer
3) Standard English language convention is to put the $ sign before the number, not after
4) Not only is 'unrespectfull' spelled incorrectly, the intelligent word choice would have been 'disrespectful'
5) You're not sure exactly what a 'point of few' is
6) You can afford anything you want but generally prefer to purchase from non-idiots

Be sure and CC both the TSA and TBA.

:laughing::grin:
You outdid yourself there! I offered about 3x what the auctions were going for for a single Lorernz Stuttgart PCC88 lately.
Let me offer a 7th and 8th and 9th and 10th and 11th
7) If you did not want to haggle on price you should of NOT had a best offer.
8) This was only my 2nd out of 5 offers left, you schiit head.
9) If you decline an offer and the person DOES NOT make a counter offer, generally means they are not buying.
10) It is bad business sense to raise the price on an item that did not sell for a lower price.
11) I`m taking my business elsewhere, BangyBangTubes for instance, as I prefer a USA seller that uses bad grammar compared to international.

May 24, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #21,560 of 23,494
Hi guys, miss me? :sunglasses:

Been super busy and didn’t have any money to blow on tubes anyway so didn’t have a chance to check in for a while. But whoa, 150 pages to catch up on? You’ve been busy too! Glad to see that in my absence many of you have discovered the glories of the Telefunken ECC801S. Mine with the double fat getter (1954?) are just spectacular. Nothing else comes close. Too bad some experiences with that Indian seller were suboptimal; those WWII vintage Tung Sols he was selling a while back were terrific too.

Last night I did make an offer to Nova Scotia boy which he accepted for a pair of his 7316 D getter Amperex based in TK’s recommendations; I’m hoping that was actually one of his serious recommendations...:beyersmile:

I was feeling a bit jaded last weekend with all these wonderful tubes so I thought I’d cleanse my palate a bit. So I put in my Lyr 2 a pair of yes GE JAN-5670W for a few days of listening. They’re not bad, for a GE, which I guess is setting the bar pretty low. :o2smile: Then last night I switched to the Valvo 6201 PWs.

Mind blown. :L3000: Good exercise to point up just how marvelous these tubes are.

I still have a couple dozen tubes I haven’t even tried so the 7316s will probably be my last acquisition for a while. So it’s probably not safe to visit you lads here in the locked ward very often. :k701smile:

May 24, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #21,561 of 23,494
I was feeling a bit jaded last weekend with all these wonderful tubes so I thought I’d cleanse my palate a bit. So I put in my Lyr 2 a pair of yes GE JAN-5670W for a few days of listening.
These GE JAN 5670s are a fun listen. I find myself going back to the lowly GEs when I need to smile. :darthsmile:

May 24, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #21,562 of 23,494
These GE JAN 5670s are a fun listen. I find myself going back to the lowly GEs when I need to smile. :darthsmile:

Please don't use 'smile' and 'smirk' interchangeably.

LOL!

May 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #21,563 of 23,494
You outdid yourself there! I offered about 3x what the auctions were going for for a single Lorernz Stuttgart PCC88 lately.
Let me offer a 7th and 8th and 9th and 10th and 11th
7) If you did not want to haggle on price you should of NOT had a best offer.
8) This was only my 2nd out of 5 offers left, you schiit head.
9) If you decline an offer and the person DOES NOT make a counter offer, generally means they are not buying.
10) It is bad business sense to raise the price on an item that did not sell for a lower price.
11) I`m taking my business elsewhere, BangyBangTubes for instance, as I prefer a USA seller that uses bad grammar compared to international.

ROFL!

Go back now and offer him $77.

:relaxed:

May 24, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #21,565 of 23,494
Think he would accept that if I apologized to him for hurting his feelings, I'll pass though. Unless he has some GE tubes.

LOL! Tell him you decided to buy from BangyBang instead because the silkscreening on his tubes looks so much better -- almost like it's brand new.

Unless he has some GE's, of course.

:slight_smile:

May 24, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #21,566 of 23,494
LOL! Tell him you decided to buy from BangyBang instead because the silkscreening on his tubes looks so much better -- almost like it's brand new.

Unless he has some GE's, of course.

:slight_smile:
It's all @jb77 fault tbh. He made me trade him a pair of the Lorenz Stuttgart for a pair 58 Heerlen 7316 long plates. Now I need another single. Any proof that @jb77 provides that I initiated the trade is a fabrication. Though I do have a 3x PCC88 Stuttgart pair coming in.

May 24, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #21,567 of 23,494
It's all @jb77 fault tbh. He made me trade him a pair of the Lorenz Stuttgart for a pair 58 Heerlen 7316 long plates. Now I need another single. Any proof that @jb77 provides that I initiated the trade is a fabrication. Though I do have a 3x PCC88 Stuttgart pair coming in.

We all knew it was @jb77 's fault. Not like you had to make a great big huge point about it and embarrass him. Geeez man, show a little restraint.

:slight_smile::smiley:

May 24, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #21,568 of 23,494
Hi guys, miss me? :sunglasses:

Been super busy and didn’t have any money to blow on tubes anyway so didn’t have a chance to check in for a while. But whoa, 150 pages to catch up on? You’ve been busy too! Glad to see that in my absence many of you have discovered the glories of the Telefunken ECC801S. Mine with the double fat getter (1954?) are just spectacular. Nothing else comes close. Too bad some experiences with that Indian seller were suboptimal; those WWII vintage Tung Sols he was selling a while back were terrific too.

Last night I did make an offer to Nova Scotia boy which he accepted for a pair of his 7316 D getter Amperex based in TK’s recommendations; I’m hoping that was actually one of his serious recommendations...:beyersmile:

I was feeling a bit jaded last weekend with all these wonderful tubes so I thought I’d cleanse my palate a bit. So I put in my Lyr 2 a pair of yes GE JAN-5670W for a few days of listening. They’re not bad, for a GE, which I guess is setting the bar pretty low. :o2smile: Then last night I switched to the Valvo 6201 PWs.

Mind blown. :L3000: Good exercise to point up just how marvelous these tubes are.

I still have a couple dozen tubes I haven’t even tried so the 7316s will probably be my last acquisition for a while. So it’s probably not safe to visit you lads here in the locked ward very often. :k701smile:

Glad to have you back and sharing the 801S love. The Tele Ecc801S's are my #1's...and by a pretty substantial margin. On my gear they are rich and incredibly impactful....just the opposite of how most people describe Telefunkens. Must be a synergy thing because most here don't seem to think they are anything special with the MJ2...Lyr better but not great. For me, Woo Audio WA2, Schiit Yggdrasil w/upgrade, HD 800S, they are near perfection...as close to 'being there' as I've heard on headphones.

May 24, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #21,569 of 23,494
Glad to have you back and sharing the 801S love. The Tele Ecc801S's are my #1's...and by a pretty substantial margin. On my gear they are rich and incredibly impactful....just the opposite of how most people describe Telefunkens. Must be a synergy thing because most here don't seem to think they are anything special with the MJ2...Lyr better but not great. For me, Woo Audio WA2, Schiit Yggdrasil w/upgrade, HD 800S, they are near perfection...as close to 'being there' as I've heard on headphones.
I get that "near perfection...as close to 'being there' as I've heard on headphones." using them in Lyr 2 with HE-560s. Listened to Turandot (Leinsdorf, Nilsson) and it was like sitting in the sixth row at the opera. Detail, soundstage, subtleties galore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back