Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 9, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #19,801 of 23,494
You may want to pm @rnros and see if he has any extra pairs he'll part with. I'm not sure if @TK16 , @kolkoo or @AuditoryCanvas still have any in their collections. If they do I'm sure you'll get a pm.
Cheers!
Anyone looking to unload a matched set of 6C8Gs? Sounds like the Tung Sol or Ken Rad are the nicest flavors, correct?

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #19,802 of 23,494
Jan 9, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #19,803 of 23,494
I believe you believe the search is over BUT the next HG is just around the corner. Maybe we should put A.C. on the block list for a while?
hahaha. I won't be buying and trying anything new for a good while, the Utopia emptied my audio funds well into the negative.

That said, I am waiting on a pair of Valvo ECC83 late 50s angled getter that are meant to be incredible....I'll let you all know if they're worth getting, but I learnt my lesson on the 6201 to fill my boots first before letting the cat out of the bag on here :beyersmile:

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #19,806 of 23,494
You may want to pm @rnros and see if he has any extra pairs he'll part with. I'm not sure if @TK16 , @kolkoo or @AuditoryCanvas still have any in their collections. If they do I'm sure you'll get a pm.
Cheers!

I only have one pair of the Ken-Rad left that I was planning on keeping, but might be worth asking @koover as well.

Hey guys,
I only have 1 pair of TS and can't/won't let them go. Sorry. I'm actually thinking about getting another pair as a back-up but don't know if I want to drop $120 as he keeps raising his price on these. Might be a good time though o jump on them now before he jacks it up even higher.

@tjc303, it might be worth it to just to buy from this guy as he's a great seller and they're NIB and matched....lightning fast shipping too. As for the Ken Rad's, I do have 2 pairs but 1 is pretty microphonic so that's basically a no go. That leaves me with 1 pair. I always like to have 2 pairs of most of my favorite tubes with 1 pair as a back-up.
You should just go online and just buy a pair of TS. The Ken Rad's don't come up that often though so you have to watch closely. All of this may be a moot point as it looks like you may get what you want here.
Even the Marconi's are pretty good and inexpensive too. Anywhere between $25-$30 a pair and worth it to just check them out. They're not the greatest but for the money?.....smokin. They have a really nice low end so if you like more of a bassy sound signature, these are worth checking out.
Good luck and again, sorry bro.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #19,808 of 23,494
Thanks and congrats to you as well. I'm having a blast out here in Retirementville.

Congrats Bill! Brings a smile to my face to know you’ll be enjoying your audio gear more and i’m sure diving right into your hobbies.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #19,810 of 23,494
Thanks and congrats to you as well. I'm having a blast out here in Retirementville.
You’re inspiring me Mr. Bill. I’ve been contemplating retirement for the past 3 years but keep chickening out. Time to reconsider.
Congrats man and now you can enjoy the good life.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #19,811 of 23,494
Anyone looking to unload a matched set of 6C8Gs? Sounds like the Tung Sol or Ken Rad are the nicest flavors, correct?
Sorry guy never got into those tubes at all, but I recommend buying them from here if you can, sellers on here are fair and honest and better prices that eBay. Heard good things about that eBay seller in India though. Have dealt with @gardibolt a couple times myself. Good guy.

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #19,814 of 23,494
Jan 13, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #19,815 of 23,494
All the Amperex E88CC's I've ever seen have gold pins. ECC88's don't but E88CC's do. BangyBang's gold electroplater must be on the fritz....
Their entire response was "steel pin". They have to know these tubes are not E88CC else they would of provided a pic of the change code. I suspect it would be a 6DJ8 change code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back