Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Mar 7, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #16,891 of 23,494
I see you guys have been rolling in 6C8G tubes but would like to point out some other tubes that you might want to look into to see if they're compatible. All these tubes work with my WA22 amp along with the 6C8G, so I'm pretty sure they all will work.

6SN7
(The 5692 was designed for critical industrial applications where 10,000 hour life,
extreme uniformity (close triode section balance), rigid construction,
and extreme stability are paramount. Within it ratings, a 5692 may be used to replace a 6SN7GT)
VT-231 ( Military spec 6SN7 )
6SL7
(10,000 hour low noise substitute for a 6SL7GT, also see 6SL7)
VT-229 ( Military spec 6SL7 )
6F8G
6C8G
ECC35
( EU made 6SL7 and supposed to be a killer tube!!! )

I write this because I ventured outside my comfort zone last weekend and bought a set of RCA 6SL7 tubes on ebay. I come home to find a small box on my bed and just like a little kid I ripped the box open and very carefully shoved the tubes in my amp. Under 1 hour mind you, but immediately these tubes brought my HD800 to life with a detail I have never heard before. Detail and definition retrieval so fine that I have to be careful what recordings I play as it will pick them apart. The upper end has been opened up but not sibilant. Clear and crisp but not fatiguing. The mids are still there and so is the lower end but not as pronouced as some of my warmer tubes. Personally, I have never heard a tube like this and doing so made me share with this thread.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #16,892 of 23,494
None of them will work with the mj2 becUse of Hester current.
I see you guys have been rolling in 6C8G tubes but would like to point out some other tubes that you might want to look into to see if they're compatible. All these tubes work with my WA22 amp along with the 6C8G, so I'm pretty sure they all will work.

6SN7
(The 5692 was designed for critical industrial applications where 10,000 hour life,
extreme uniformity (close triode section balance), rigid construction,
and extreme stability are paramount. Within it ratings, a 5692 may be used to replace a 6SN7GT)
VT-231 ( Military spec 6SN7 )
6SL7
(10,000 hour low noise substitute for a 6SL7GT, also see 6SL7)
VT-229 ( Military spec 6SL7 )
6F8G
6C8G
ECC35
( EU made 6SL7 and supposed to be a killer tube!!! )

I write this because I ventured outside my comfort zone last weekend and bought a set of RCA 6SL7 tubes on ebay. I come home to find a small box on my bed and just like a little kid I ripped the box open and very carefully shoved the tubes in my amp. Under 1 hour mind you, but immediately these tubes brought my HD800 to life with a detail I have never heard before. Detail and definition retrieval so fine that I have to be careful what recordings I play as it will pick them apart. The upper end has been opened up but not sibilant. Clear and crisp but not fatiguing. The mids are still there and so is the lower end but not as pronouced as some of my warmer tubes. Personally, I have never heard a tube like this and doing so made me share with this thread.

None of them will work with the MJ2 or Lyr 2 because of the heater current being too high, but I believe most will work with the Lyr 1 with adapters.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #16,897 of 23,494
Those are it bro, but I ordered those Foton's from the same seller as I bought my 2 other Russian pairs (would of passed otherwise). I got 2 pair from @AuditoryCanvas in a trade and they are quite good. Tested and matched. Anyways them tubes are quite cheap to take a chance on. As long as they are the tubes in the pic.

It will be interesting to find out when I get them. Thanks guys.

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #16,905 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back