Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 23, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #15,046 of 23,494
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope that everyone has a fantastic holiday.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #15,048 of 23,494
Me personally, found them to be somewhere in between the WE, and TS. They're very silky and smooth. The one I have has black plates. Not sure how the greys sound?
You too bro.
Anybody try out the Raytheon 5670's. Looking at some early 50's square getters but do not know their sound Sig. If they are on the bright side, I'll pass.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #15,050 of 23,494
You too bro.
Anybody try out the Raytheon 5670's. Looking at some early 50's square getters but do not know their sound Sig. If they are on the bright side, I'll pass.
I have a pair I got from Brent Jesse, they’re ok, but nothing to write home about. Apparently the windmill getters are a lot better, but I haven’t tried them.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #15,051 of 23,494
I have a pair I got from Brent Jesse, they’re ok, but nothing to write home about. Apparently the windmill getters are a lot better, but I haven’t tried them.

They're not expensive to boot. @TK16 If you do end up purchasing them let me know how they compare to your WE396As.

After putting 24+ hours on the WE 396As I think they're finally settling down to what they'll ultimately sound like. They are warm tubes and pair extremely well with my E-MU Teaks but a bit too warm with my HD650s/Aeon Flow Open. I still prefer the LM Ericsson's since they have a bit more air and resolve better to my ears. The WE's isn't a slouch in that department when you pair them with the Teaks which has, at times, a bit too much air.

So I think I found a good use for the Seimen E88CCs you sold me TK. Looks like out of all the tubes (even the Phillips Miniwatt E188CC that paired well with the Atticus) I found the Seimens to be the most enjoyable with the Aeon Flow Open. It's very musical and I can hear much more of the lower details come through compared to all the other tubes. I need to buckle down and find me a pair of Seimen CCas.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #15,054 of 23,494
They're not expensive to boot. @TK16 If you do end up purchasing them let me know how they compare to your WE396As.

After putting 24+ hours on the WE 396As I think they're finally settling down to what they'll ultimately sound like. They are warm tubes and pair extremely well with my E-MU Teaks but a bit too warm with my HD650s/Aeon Flow Open. I still prefer the LM Ericsson's since they have a bit more air and resolve better to my ears. The WE's isn't a slouch in that department when you pair them with the Teaks which has, at times, a bit too much air.

So I think I found a good use for the Seimen E88CCs you sold me TK. Looks like out of all the tubes (even the Phillips Miniwatt E188CC that paired well with the Atticus) I found the Seimens to be the most enjoyable with the Aeon Flow Open. It's very musical and I can hear much more of the lower details come through compared to all the other tubes. I need to buckle down and find me a pair of Seimen CCas.
The CCa is a significant step up from the E88CC I sold you but a significant increase in price too. IMO worth it if you can snag a pair for around $200ish. The E88CC sound is a bit muddy but the CCa has all the detail bottom to top. Think the Bendix 2C51 is the only tubes I heard that had more detail, possibly the CBS 5670 too. Look for the grey shields in the CCa like those E88CC you got. Lot of this CCa talk is going by memory have not listened to them in quite some time.

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #15,055 of 23,494
As far as I am concerned, the Western Electric “JW” 2C51 tubes are better in every way than the Siemens CCa tubes.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #15,056 of 23,494
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #15,058 of 23,494
The prophet spoke about the Raytheon’s a while back.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #15,059 of 23,494
First 2 links are Telefunken branded Siemens E188CC. Says in ad, plus no U code, and Siemens indented getter post. Very good tubes but expensive.
3rd is A6 1975? Siemens. The earlier Siemens are regarded generally as better
You mean the last 2 links. Correct? That I get but I'm not familiar with the Lorenz from the first link. I don't see anything about them being Telefunken or anything.
Edit: NM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back