Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Mar 21, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #12,421 of 23,494
No you don't . They are still in my lyr. Don't make Sammy think I sold those ! I tried them in the dac for a while too. Wasn't as big a difference over e188ccs in there. So they are back where they belong . You hear me Sam . Dey still in New Orleans .

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #12,424 of 23,494
Get yer d-getter Siemens CCa here. Expensive and no paint on 1 of the tubes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-CCa-1956-7-D-getter-grey-shield-pair-tubes-valvo-telefunken-lorenz-e88cc/182497990343

Oh my goodness.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #12,426 of 23,494
blink.gif

That's nuts, I don't care if they are so magic they make bro-country sound good.

Holy grail tubes won`t make music you do not like better, but they sure make a tremendous difference with music you love imo. Everybody`s holy grails may be different though. One persons holy grail may be another persons crap sounding tube.

On that note just bought another pair of Heerlen d-getter 7L4`s. Think Ivan is going to have just 1 pair left after this so grab em while you can. Thought I would not buy any more Heerlen`s after I got my 2 pairs of PW but these tubes are very underrated probably because they came directly after the PW but these tubes are excellent in their own right.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/821126/final-pricedrop-fs-valvo-philips-amperex-e88cc-6922-red-print-d-getter-1959-heerlen-holland-factory-matched-pairs

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #12,427 of 23,494
blink.gif

That's nuts, I don't care if they are so magic they make bro-country sound good.

Holy grail tubes won`t make music you do not like better, but they sure make a tremendous difference with music you love imo. Everybody`s holy grails may be different though. One persons holy grail may be another persons crap sounding tube.

On that note just bought another pair of Heerlen d-getter 7L4`s. Think Ivan is going to have just 1 pair left after this so grab em while you can. Thought I would not buy any more Heerlen`s after I got my 2 pairs of PW but these tubes are very underrated probably because they came directly after the PW but these tubes are excellent in their own right.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/821126/final-pricedrop-fs-valvo-philips-amperex-e88cc-6922-red-print-d-getter-1959-heerlen-holland-factory-matched-pairs

I nominate Ivan for King of Bulgaria. You are right TK, those red 7L4 Valvo's are a horse of a different color. Never heard anything quite like them. They have kind of a whispy, delicate beauty to them, with a hint of reverb in every note. Very, very musical. I will never sell mine. Can't wait to hear them with the Yggy !!! But I'm going to have to wait...Schiit's waiting on parts and who knows when it's going to show up. Why am I being punished?????!!!! Somehow, some way I know the evil that is ThurstonX is at the root of my pain. Festering.
GET IT OUT OF ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #12,429 of 23,494
  Your not alone, if that is any comfort. Doubt it is though, the MJ2 is now shipping the week of April 7th. Got every single item to go balanced except the amp. At least I paid for overnight delivery.

I ordered my Mjolnir 2 yesterday. I also have XLR interconnects and XLR headphone cables on order from "Amplifier Surgery". Their interconnects and cables are made using oxygen free silver-plated copper wires. I bought a 1.5 meter SPDIF coax cable from Amplifier Surgery and was please with the price and performance.

I am thinking about going to CanJam SoCal 2017 for a day or two. That's the same week the Mjolnir 2 is supposed to ship.

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #12,430 of 23,494
What tubes whould you recommend for HD800?
Usually i listen to rock/pop but also 70/80s from time to time.
Im new to tuberolling so still using stock tubes. Whould like to be able to lower the high pitch tremble somewhat and maybe increase the "bass if thats an option. All recommendations are welcome!

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #12,431 of 23,494
What tubes whould you recommend for HD800?
Usually i listen to rock/pop but also 70/80s from time to time.
Im new to tuberolling so still using stock tubes. Whould like to be able to lower the high pitch tremble somewhat and maybe increase the "bass if thats an option. All recommendations are welcome!

Do you have a lyr/lyr2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back