Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #13,846 of 23,494
Have you had a chance to listen to the tubes I sent ya bro?

Yeah man, I've been listening to the BB's, and I think they hold up well against these 5670 type tubes. Popped a set of the Mullards in for a quick listen, like what I heard, gonna give them some more time this weekend for sure. You sir are too generous! Thank you again.

Maybe I'm not picky enough, but I kinda feel like all of these tubes sound good, just varying degrees of good. This is my problem lol I have to try them all!!! I'm turning into a hoarder, it's starting to get ugly.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #13,848 of 23,494
Yeah man, I've been listening to the BB's, and I think they hold up well against these 5670 type tubes. Popped a set of the Mullards in for a quick listen, like what I heard, gonna give them some more time this weekend for sure. You sir are too generous! Thank you again.

Maybe I'm not picky enough, but I kinda feel like all of these tubes sound good, just varying degrees of good. This is my problem lol I have to try them all!!! I'm turning into a hoarder, it's starting to get ugly.

Don't start collecting cats like Sammy. This hoarding thing is a one-way ticket to hell.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #13,853 of 23,494
Well, my lyr has fried 3 of the 2c51s. So that experiment is over. I will be using them only in the dac. My poor TS were the last victim. Fried so bad the glass broke. So if any of you are not in love with yours lemme know.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #13,854 of 23,494
Well, my lyr has fried 3 of the 2c51s. So that experiment is over. I will be using them only in the dac. My poor TS were the last victim. Fried so bad the glass broke. So if any of you are not in love with yours lemme know.

You're scaring me bro. Now I don't have a lyr (anymore) and I checked with Woo Audio about using the 2c51's in my amp and it was ok'd. But isn't it considered "safe" to use in the lyr too?
What's the deal?

Edit: I just ordered a pair from these guys who I've dealt with before. I messaged them as to whether they were O or D getters and they said D's. Pretty good price...and they ship USPS Priority so you'd have them in 3 days or so. Their ad mentions that they were from an "ex-military" supply but are mostly unlabeled. I was hoping they'd be like the JTL (military) Tung Sols that OldSkool got. Anyway check it out if you're interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Pair-Tu...028745?hash=item234d514b89:g:lMYAAOSwrklVBlJC

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #13,855 of 23,494
I dunno sir. All in the same channel. I thought maybe it was an old tube first time . Then I had dropped one on the carpet. The last one was sitting in there, played fine for a few hours. I turned it off. Next day it was white up top. When I tried to pull it I heard that familiar cracking sound. Remember , mine wouldn't play the ge tubes without an improper ground sound. It has to be my unit. No one else is having issues. My unit was one of the first run from 2010. I'm sure it's at fault. Not worth sending back. I'm gonna put in some 6922s to see if the unit is toast. It has had very little play for the last year

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #13,856 of 23,494
If that doesn't work I'll try a dikfer.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #13,859 of 23,494
I knew those matsushitsa tubes would be good for something.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #13,860 of 23,494
Yeah, TK pretty sure it's the amp.
Thanks Billy , Orlando may be open for business again. They got slapped around for a few rounds. I've got a return waiting to go to fort Myers. Noisy 5814a for the rogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back