Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 3, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #13,666 of 23,494
After all this rolling madness folks. I can confidently say, that the Tung-sol 2c51, is my favorite of the bunch. The imaging, space, and the midrange on this tube are freakishly spectacular! You get the meat presence from the JW, better than Heerlen midrange, and the intricacies, of a Bendix.

I'll call this tube, "The Dirk Diggler!"
Deep in the music!

:beerchug:

I'm with you Sammy. These things have taken me to a whole new place. Not just a little different from where I've been. Very, very different. And the scary part is I don't think they're nearly burned-in yet.
And that bass !!! Ok, I'll shut up now.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #13,667 of 23,494
The bass is insane! It has the biggest presence and impact, but articulate. I can't believe how long I've had my cans on today. Lol.
I'm with you Sammy. These things have taken me to a whole new place. Not just a little different from where I've been. Very, very different. And the scary part is I don't think they're nearly burned-in yet.

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #13,669 of 23,494
After all this rolling madness folks. I can confidently say, that the Tung-sol 2c51, is my favorite of the bunch. The imaging, space, and the midrange on this tube are freakishly spectacular! You get the meat presence from the JW, better than Heerlen midrange, and the intricacies, of a Bendix.

High praise indeed. I am definitely back in the 2C51 roll with the Tung-Sols. Just a few more days.
Thanks to Sam and Bill for the continued review notes. And the others who have posted their impressions.
Not surprised it's coming from Tung-Sol. Great tube company. (My last purchases were Tung-Sol power tubes!)
I'll be trying these with the Lyr and MJ2, and a few different headphones. Will post notes after the burn.

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #13,671 of 23,494
I never knew that the 560's, could do bass like it does until these tubes. They really rattle your chicklets. Lol.
Bass is freaking insane on my HE 560`s never heard anything like them them WE JW 396A`s. From what little I have heard of the Tung-Sol`s think I will love them too. Those 2 sets of Tung-Sols`s look brand spanking new and probably needs quite a bit of burn in.

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #13,674 of 23,494
I still like the WE JW 2C51 tubes a bit better than the Ting Sol pair I am listening too now. I think the WE pair have a bit more clarity to them. I am using HD650 headphones.....

But, these tubes are so close it could be bias on my part. Not only are the best 5670 tubes better than the best 6922 tubes....there are many more tube options that are spectacular. I now own zero 6922 tubes.....

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #13,675 of 23,494
My only purchase regret is buying just 1 pair of adapters, cannot run a set in my dac, got 4 pairs of adapters incoming, should be here by 2018 from China.

That's it, buy them by the handful, you will use them. : )
PM me if need a pair faster. I know how long the wait can be. Forever.

I never knew that the 560's, could do bass like it does until these tubes. They really rattle your chicklets. Lol.

Fell out of my chair a couple of times.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #13,676 of 23,494
After everything. Yes, the TS win in the end. They're the complete package for me. I feel that you get the best of what the Bendix, and we396a have to offer. Their imaging, holography, and overall reproduction of sound to my ears is far better, and real!. By far the TS has the best midrange I've ever heard. It's engulfing, captivating, and completely the most emotional experience I've had with tubes. I'm close to the 80 hour mark on my TS. I'm not sure where it's going to stop with burnin. It just seems to keep oozing nirvana, the longer it plays. I'm officially an addict at this point. Lol.

Burn them bad boys in bro! You'll completely understand where I'm(& Bill) , coming from. They're juicy and articulate at the same time. It's so hard to explain what they do. They just do it the best for me. Lol.
I see you are talking about the Tung-Sol here, got 2 pairs sitting here and another incoming, I already know Bill`s top list, you prefer the Tung-Sol`s over the Bendix now?

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #13,678 of 23,494
I have those on the way as well. And more adapters, both types. Dr poon told me I would have to add heat sinks to the bridge if I want to try the 6sn7 but the transformer could handle the load. That's in the dac.
If you think the bass is good in the he560 you should hear it in the zmf. The hifiman sounds dull in comparison. But it is very easy on the ears. But the Omni / ori really likes power.
Loving the detail and space of the 2c51s. Looking forward to the reflektors. Hope the highs aren't quite as etched as the 6n23ps.

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #13,679 of 23,494
I have those on the way as well. And more adapters, both types. Dr poon told me I would have to add heat sinks to the bridge if I want to try the 6sn7 but the transformer could handle the load. That's in the dac.
If you think the bass is good in the he560 you should hear it in the zmf. The hifiman sounds dull in comparison. But it is very easy on the ears. But the Omni / ori really likes power.
Loving the detail and space of the 2c51s. Looking forward to the reflektors. Hope the highs aren't quite as etched as the 6n23ps.
What about the 396A, 2c51 etc, just plug and play in your dac?

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #13,680 of 23,494
I have a pair of the Soviet Reflektor 6N3P-E tubes. They're good but are not as good as the WE's, TS's, or Teslas. They are a little more clinical in comparison to the others. Not terribly so....but they are more so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back